Author Topic: Drama brewing in Oakland?  (Read 5073 times)

Drama brewing in Oakland?
« on: November 13, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1062320495364759552

This probably doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it has certainly felt like the chemistry is less great in Golden State these days than it has been the last few years. When Cousins comes in and is playing on an expiring contract, will everyone be happy with the money they make?

Re: Drama brewing in Oakland?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1062320495364759552

This probably doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it has certainly felt like the chemistry is less great in Golden State these days than it has been the last few years. When Cousins comes in and is playing on an expiring contract, will everyone be happy with the money they make?

I think they're all sitting around waiting for things to get exciting. IN the meantime the rest of the NBA can't defeat them, so they mess with each other.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
keep having connection problems, but there is an article on espn that this continued in the locker room after the game... possible Durant and Green don't get along very well and that could be significant with both facing free agency soon.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
keep having connection problems, but there is an article on espn that this continued in the locker room after the game... possible Durant and Green don't get along very well and that could be significant with both facing free agency soon.

Supposedly Green threw free agency in Durant’s face during the argument. Sounds pretty pathetic by Green. Makes a terrible play that costs them, gets called out, then goes all “what do you care? you’re gonna leave anyway *sadface*.”

I think there’s a little smoke there, could be the start of something. Just need DMC to engulf everything.

Love how people are worried about our talent and touches but think Cousins can be effective in a much smaller role than he’s ever used to, coming off a major injury, playing for his perhaps last major contract.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 06:09:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Supposedly Green threw free agency in Durant’s face during the argument. Sounds pretty pathetic by Green. Makes a terrible play that costs them, gets called out, then goes all “what do you care? you’re gonna leave anyway *sadface*.”

I think there’s a little smoke there, could be the start of something. Just need DMC to engulf everything.

Love how people are worried about our talent and touches but think Cousins can be effective in a much smaller role than he’s ever used to, coming off a major injury, playing for his perhaps last major contract.
Seeing them implode with DMC would be truly hilarious. I’ve always loved his game, but I’d love the Warriors to fail more. Cannot stand any of their stars except Klay
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Egos ultimately kill everything when it comes to pro sports. GS time is coming to end after this year. I legit wouldn't be shocked to see Curry the only one on that team afterwards.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Egos ultimately kill everything when it comes to pro sports. GS time is coming to end after this year. I legit wouldn't be shocked to see Curry the only one on that team afterwards.

Nah. I think Durant is a goner in free agency because the scrutiny seems to get under his skin despite his insistence that it doesn't, but that makes it easier to bring Klay and Draymond back which I think they do.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Nah. I think Durant is a goner in free agency because the scrutiny seems to get under his skin despite his insistence that it doesn't, but that makes it easier to bring Klay and Draymond back which I think they do.

Depends on what Thompson wants to do.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR/status/1062484016731832320

Green repeatedly called Durant “a <snip>” after he was called out by the two-time NBA Finals MVP in the huddle for not passing him the ball, sources said. The organization is of the belief that Green cut too deep in his disagreement with Durant, sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-warriors-expected-sit-draymond-green-confrontation-kevin-durant-223801633.html

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 06:41:35 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

Green repeatedly called Durant “a <snip>” after he was called out by the two-time NBA Finals MVP in the huddle for not passing him the ball, sources said. The organization is of the belief that Green cut too deep in his disagreement with Durant, sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-warriors-expected-sit-draymond-green-confrontation-kevin-durant-223801633.html

They are suspending him for calling him a female dog?

I mean, clearly GSW is taking a side here. They are two grown men, and suspending one player (believe me, I’m no Green apologist) for calling another player something like that, in the locker room, seems like they are trying to appease KD and his fragile ego.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 06:46:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I mean, clearly GSW is taking a side here. They are two grown men, and suspending one player (believe me, I’m no Green apologist) for calling another player something like that, in the locker room, seems like they are trying to appease KD and his fragile ego.
You can definitely tell there's one they're more afraid of leaving in FA. Wonder how Green will take this

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 06:51:36 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

You can definitely tell there's one they're more afraid of leaving in FA. Wonder how Green will take this

Exactly. If they gave him the night to cool himself off or whatever, fine. But as a suspension, this will cost him six figures. And apparently KD was the instigator, mad Green didn’t give him the ball and instead turned it over.

I’m sure it’ll blow over for now, but wouldn’t be surprised if this rears it’s head again at some point.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A blip could make things mildly interesting for the rest of NBA fans.  Its painful watching them. Klay looked like one of the best scorers in the NBA in that 4th quarter.  Not mad at 'em, but it's just ridiculous.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
did KD say “that’s why i’m out” or “that’s why i’m hot”?

https://twitter.com/tjdhoops/status/1062500245081329664?s=21