Poll

Should the C's trade Smart + filler for Capela?

Yes
20 (22.7%)
No
58 (65.9%)
Maybe
10 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Poll: Should the C's trade Smart for Capela?  (Read 7494 times)

Re: Poll: Should the C's trade Smart for Capela?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would only trade Smart for Kawhi Leonard. And I'm being deadly serious! I have so much faith in him that his number is part of my credit card password.

Between you and me, what's your credit card number?

Hahaha.. You seem to think I'm joking, but I'm actually serious. Even if I gave you the number, you would need to guess the other 2 numbers of the password, so...
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would only trade Smart for Kawhi Leonard. And I'm being deadly serious! I have so much faith in him that his number is part of my credit card password.

Huh must be a trend among people your age.  Are you a millennial?  What is your date of birth?  Just curious

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I voted maybe .If Kemba is coming then it’s a yes.

I love the things Smart brings to the team but with Kemba he’s replaceable.

I agree yes if Kemba is coming. Still find it funny how much people over value Smart on here lol. I will give Smart credit I thought he was much better last year than in previous years when I couldn't stand him. I do see him as a valuable 6th man but we already have an over stock of wings so loosing one of them is not bad and actually could help team chemistry. The idea of trading Brown over Smart puzzles me but I'll sum it up to people doing deals with their heart instead of their brain!

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
This is all silly. The Rockets don't want Smart, they want to trade Capela for salary space (and a draft pick). So the Celtics could get him for a first round pick if they have room to absorb Capela's salary. If they sign Kemba, there's no room and no trade.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This is all silly. The Rockets don't want Smart, they want to trade Capela for salary space (and a draft pick). So the Celtics could get him for a first round pick if they have room to absorb Capela's salary. If they sign Kemba, there's no room and no trade.

The Rockets needs to sign-and-trade for Butler.  The Sixers need incentive to do this, and with Embiid have zero interest in Capela.  Smart would be going to Philly in this scenario.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Then you lose all credibility

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Tough one. It is a talent downgrade but it does fill a positional need and give the team better balance.

Yes. I'd do it. Hesitantly but I'd do it.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes.

If he would stay in Houston, it's a no brainer to me.  I'm slightly more hesitant if he's going to the Sixers, but we have a huge need at center, and Capela is a good one.  He averaged 17 / 13 / 60%+ shooting on a contender, playing good defense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 02:30:32 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

The Rockets needs to sign-and-trade for Butler.  The Sixers need incentive to do this, and with Embiid have zero interest in Capela.  Smart would be going to Philly in this scenario.

Do the Rockets need space or do they have to do a sign and trade? If we get Kemba, but have no path to get a quality big other than to trade Smart, maybe that's not the best deal. Could we do Capela and Gordon straight up for two firsts without Philly? I'm sure they can find a home for PJ Tucker somewhere. Is it worth getting Kemba as opposed to Gordon if it means we lose Smart?

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 02:31:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yes.

If he would stay in Houston, it's a no brainer to me.  I'm slightly more hesitant if he's going to the Sixers, but we have a huge need at center, and Capela is a good one.  He averaged 17 / 13 / 60%+ shooting on a contender, playing good defense.
D'Antoni stat inflation

On another team Capela is a 10-12ppg 10-11rpg player.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 02:33:22 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I voted maybe .If Kemba is coming then it’s a yes.

I love the things Smart brings to the team but with Kemba he’s replaceable.

I agree yes if Kemba is coming. Still find it funny how much people over value Smart on here lol. I will give Smart credit I thought he was much better last year than in previous years when I couldn't stand him. I do see him as a valuable 6th man but we already have an over stock of wings so loosing one of them is not bad and actually could help team chemistry. The idea of trading Brown over Smart puzzles me but I'll sum it up to people doing deals with their heart instead of their brain!

Well...he was all team 1st defense.

Then there’s the contract situation to think about too.
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Sign and trade for either Terry or Morris giving Houston 125% less to help with a Butler trade.    After we make our FA signings of course.   

Diggles

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 02:39:59 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I just cannot see Ainge helping out Philly and significantly enhancing their team just to get a player like Clint Capela.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Do the Rockets need space or do they have to do a sign and trade? If we get Kemba, but have no path to get a quality big other than to trade Smart, maybe that's not the best deal. Could we do Capela and Gordon straight up for two firsts without Philly? I'm sure they can find a home for PJ Tucker somewhere. Is it worth getting Kemba as opposed to Gordon if it means we lose Smart?

The Rockets need to do a sign-and-trade.  Harden and Paul combine for $76.6 million.  When you take into account cap holds for having fewer than 12 players under contract, the Rockets would have about $23.5 million in cap space if they dumped every player not named Harden or Paul.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 02:50:06 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If anyone is to be traded it's Brown 8)