Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics reportedly trying to be 3rd team in 76ers/Rockets trade  (Read 16142 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics reportedly trying to be 3rd team in 76ers/Rockets trade
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Could we bribe Brooklyn into giving us a huge trade exception for Kyrie? That would certainly make any deal for someone like Capela a lot easier.

I guess you could offer them first round picks. But then that would hard cap Brooklyn also, I believe? So I don't know if it would be worth it for them.
Even if the Nets sign KD and Kyrie they are nowhere near the tax apron, so I don't think that affect them. They should till be able to use the room exception etc.

Tho in regards to Capela only half of Kyrie's money would count in the sign and trade for a trade exception due to that stupid BYC rule. Is half of Kyries max enough to get Capela? Pretty sure it would come just short, as Capelas salary is $16.9M, and Kyries contgact would be $32.7M . So $16.35 is not enough to absorb Capela. :(

BYC means Kyrie’s outgoing salary is half his new salary or his salary from last year, whichever is greater.  Last year Kyrie made $20.099 million, so that’s what would be used in any S&T involving Irving.

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Could we bribe Brooklyn into giving us a huge trade exception for Kyrie? That would certainly make any deal for someone like Capela a lot easier.

I guess you could offer them first round picks. But then that would hard cap Brooklyn also, I believe? So I don't know if it would be worth it for them.
Even if the Nets sign KD and Kyrie they are nowhere near the tax apron, so I don't think that affect them. They should till be able to use the room exception etc.

Tho in regards to Capela only half of Kyrie's money would count in the sign and trade for a trade exception due to that stupid BYC rule. Is half of Kyries max enough to get Capela? Pretty sure it would come just short, as Capelas salary is $16.9M, and Kyries contgact would be $32.7M . So $16.35 is not enough to absorb Capela. :(

BYC means Kyrie’s outgoing salary is half his new salary or his salary from last year, whichever is greater.  Last year Kyrie made $20.099 million, so that’s what would be used in any S&T involving Irving.

But what if for a straight tpe?

If Irving is signed and traded to brooklyn would it result in a 20 or 32 million dollar tpe?

I assume the 32 million as i cannot find anything else on that.

Either way, only 25 million is needed to be enough to match for kemba.

So theoretically, unless I am grossly mistaken, could iving be traded to brooklyn, then the tpe and yabusele and semi be sent to charlotte for kemba?

I believe there is a rule preventing adding a player in combination with a tpe, but where it is coming from a third team does that bypass the rules?

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2019, 05:02:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

If Irving is signed and traded to brooklyn would it result in a 20 or 32 million dollar tpe?

I assume the 32 million.

His outgoing number is $20.1, whether it’s being used immediately as part of a larger deal or held over for later use.

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I assume the 32 million.

His outgoing number is $20.1, whether it’s being used immediately as part of a larger deal or held over for later use.

What of the other part.

Can, since it involves a third team, be used with salary to net Kemba.

Kyrie to brooklyn
Brooklyn tpe and semi and yabusele to charlotte
Kemba to boston.

Might not work i think.

But kyrie for a 20 mill tpe would get us Capella.

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2019, 05:06:12 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
We better not do a S&T that doesn't involve resigning Al and using the exception to get Kemba.

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I assume the 32 million.

What of the other part.

Kyrie to brooklyn
Kemba to boston.

Yes, if it’s a simultaneous three-way trade, it can aggregate, same as all other simultaneous three-way trades.

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2019, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I assume the 32 million.

What of the other part.

Kyrie to brooklyn
Kemba to boston.

Yes, if it’s a simultaneous three-way trade, it can aggregate, same as all other simultaneous three-way trades.

Then that is what should be pursued heavily with picks as incentive

To get kemba for kyrie and a couple picks is ideal.

Then sign and trade horford for a tpe to use on capela.

Kyrie and bucks first to brooklyn
Tpe, yabusele, semi to charlotte
Kemba to boston.

Al horford and boston pick to clippers
Tpe to houston
Capela to boston.

Kemba/edwards/waters
Smart/langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/williams
Capela/rw3

Teambwould have full mle and bae to use

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2019, 01:47:20 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

I assume the 32 million.

What of the other part.

Kyrie to brooklyn
Kemba to boston.

Then that is what should be pursued heavily with picks as incentive

To get kemba for kyrie and a couple picks is ideal.

Then sign and trade horford for a tpe to use on capela.

Kyrie and bucks first to brooklyn
Tpe, yabusele, semi to charlotte
Kemba to boston.

Al horford and boston pick to clippers
Tpe to houston
Capela to boston.

Kemba/edwards/waters
Smart/langford
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/williams
Capela/rw3

Teambwould have full mle and bae to use

this

« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2019, 05:52:39 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I like it but why the clippers and the nets especially would help the celtics for two low first round picks? Why would the players do it?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:58:36 AM by ederson »

« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2019, 07:45:37 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I like it but why the clippers and the nets especially would help the celtics for two low first round picks? Why would the players do it?

Free assets for nets and clips.
Makes no difference to players.
But keeps good relationships all around

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2019, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Latest I heard is that Philly now willing to let Butler go to Houston. Don't know whether that means we get involved with Capela or not.

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Latest I heard is that Philly now willing to let Butler go to Houston. Don't know whether that means we get involved with Capela or not.

Well if we were able to add Kemba / Looney / Capela after losing Kyrie / Rozier / Morris / Al

I think that is a huge win for us (DA in particular).

« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
who did you hear that from? Some guy at the YMCA?

« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

hopefully the guy at the YMCA is right :)

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

hopefully the guy at the YMCA is right :)

Actually, looks like it was posted as speculation yesterday. See attached. This is not newsworthy, sorry for the false alarm.

https://nesn.com/2019/06/nba-rumors-76ers-willing-to-cooperate-in-jimmy-butler-sign-and-trade/