Author Topic: Hayward for Adams + Filler: Who says no?  (Read 4353 times)

Re: Hayward for Adams + Filler: Who says no?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Both teams say no. The idea of trading Hayward right now is just silly it's NOT going to happen for many reasons. Most importantly if he's healthy next year which I believe he will be, he will be by far the best player on the team.

For OKC I'm of the understanding they would trade Stevens for a salary cap dump so this would not help them in anyway.

best player on this team?

Hayward, will be 4th best player on this team next season, IF he is healthy.

Kemba, Brown, Tatum will all be better.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 02:56:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Good idea, but I think that a third team would need to be in on this, and that team gets Hayward.

Something like: (has to be done by June 30th)

Hayward Bucks pick to Cleveland
TT to OKC
Smith and Adams to Boston

Smith gets contract dropped and team is left with an additional 12 mill in cap.

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Langford
Brown/Semi
Tatum/Williams
Adams/Williams
I came here just to know if you were the OP. You weren't, but here you are with another Hayward trade idea...  Never ends

To answer the OP: Danny, Stevens and Presti say no.

Stalker much?
Hayward has zero trade value so why would you think any team wants his contract

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Both teams say no. The idea of trading Hayward right now is just silly it's NOT going to happen for many reasons. Most importantly if he's healthy next year which I believe he will be, he will be by far the best player on the team.

For OKC I'm of the understanding they would trade Stevens for a salary cap dump so this would not help them in anyway.

Define, "player" Do you bad this on just scoreing, or all aspects to the game. I watched some highlights from last season, and when Hayward was playing well he was better than Brown and Tatum, Browns defense is better, but Hayward when he's getting the ball, it doesn't stick, it's either shoot, or pass with maybe a quick move to do one of those things, and I rather that than see Tatum dance with it all the time. He's consistently making the right plays, he's Horford now.

Hyaward was dealing with a lot last season. My wife said with a that injury and not taking that much time off, he was going to have days were he feels great(when he has good games) and days were his body doesn't seem to want to work. He got more consistent as the seasom when on.

I can see Hayward being our best playmaker. He can score or get some one a shot. He's going to be our point forward, even if they get Walker, they share responsibilities.

I can see Kimab being our best over all player, Tatum our second best scorer, Brown best defender, and Hayward being our second best over all player. Every night some one will be better than the other. Kinda like a couple years ago, some one steps up any given night. I don't think there is a clear 1-4 on this team right now.

And in a way I hope Im wrong and your right, because I expect Hayward to have a jump, and that means Brown and Tatum have a jump too.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551

If Haywarx is 100% of what he once was, he is very good. And there is a chance he is. I dont think that chsncevis as high as many celtics fans believe.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 03:33:49 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

He was an all star. Kemba isn't on the team, we don't even know if Ainge's interest is real, though I suspect it is.

Brown and Tatum may be better than a healthy Hayward, I hope they are. But Hayward is the only player remaining on the roster who has been an all star, no matter how many fantasy trades you concoct.

Hayward was an excellent player 2 years ago, and if he's 100% yet only the 4th best player on the team, we can start planning for the new banner now. The best thing we can do with him is hope he reverts to his form of 2 years ago, because there's much more value in him recovering and becoming a great player again than there is trying to unload his contract (which ain't happening).

I fear some heads are going to explode when he's on the floor as a starter in a prominent role come October.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Good idea, but I think that a third team would need to be in on this, and that team gets Hayward.

TT to OKC

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Langford
Brown/Semi
Tatum/Williams
Adams/Williams
I came here just to know if you were the OP. You weren't, but here you are with another Hayward trade idea...  Never ends

Stalker much?

Celtics strong.

Where hayward has no value but will probably be the best player on the team next season.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 03:56:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I d be all about this trade ....if it is possible ?  usually if i like something trade wise , its not possible  :)

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 04:35:01 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I'm going to guess you didn't watch much of Hayward in Utah? He was really good, in the playoffs he was having 30 point games, taking it to the basket, rebounding, passing, he's a complete player that can take over games.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I'm going to guess you didn't watch much of Hayward in Utah? He was really good, in the playoffs he was having 30 point games, taking it to the basket, rebounding, passing, he's a complete player that can take over games.

Was he playing with brown, tatum and most likely Kemba?

Or was he the number 1 offensive weapon?

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That was 2 years ago and we have no idea of that player still exists. We all hope it does, but it's far from a guarantee.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If the reports are true about Capela's availability, this makes no sense at all. Capela is a better choice in every conceivable way.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
Hayward was an Allstar for a reason! He is a Great player and he is a Celtic!! He suffered a horrific injury and I think last year if nothing else he proved he can come back from it. He had some truly great games but couldn't sustain that output. The sure sounds like someone coming off a horrific injury to me! I can't wait to see Hayward this year.  I will go out on a limb and you can all bash me if I'm wrong, but Hayward will be an Allstar again. So happy he is already a Celtic!!

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 05:04:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would guess Ainge and CBS say "NO"!

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

TT to OKC

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Langford
Brown/Semi
Tatum/Williams
Adams/Williams

Stalker much?

Celtics strong.

Where hayward has no value but will probably be the best player on the team next season.

Or Kemba Walker will be the best player on the team. Or Jayson Tatum.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)