Author Topic: General Inquiries & Answers  (Read 13116 times)

Re: General Inquiries & Answers
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Anyone own a Playstation Move yet? Wondering how it compares to Wii ... I've read a lot of positive.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Anyone own a Playstation Move yet? Wondering how it compares to Wii ... I've read a lot of positive.

I don't own one...but you can read another review here. They even compare it with Wii....from what I understand...it expands on Wii's product.

The Move definitely draws significant inspiration from the Wii, and when it was formally unveiled at Game Developers Conference, many were quick to make that comparison. However, it became quickly apparent that the system expands upon the Wii by incorporating a wider array of motion tracking technologies. The Wii relies on infrared and built-in accelerometers to detect motion, orientation, and tilt with pretty solid results, but the Move adds angular rate sensors, magnetometers, and LED marker tracking to the mix for true one-to-one tracking.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1117286p1.html
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I don't own one...but you can read another review here. They even compare it with Wii....from what I understand...it expands on Wii's product.

The Move definitely draws significant inspiration from the Wii, and when it was formally unveiled at Game Developers Conference, many were quick to make that comparison. However, it became quickly apparent that the system expands upon the Wii by incorporating a wider array of motion tracking technologies. The Wii relies on infrared and built-in accelerometers to detect motion, orientation, and tilt with pretty solid results, but the Move adds angular rate sensors, magnetometers, and LED marker tracking to the mix for true one-to-one tracking.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1117286p1.html

Thanks Buddy, (TP) ... been reading similar and it's all good. Guess it will take a little time to hear about the bugs, (if there are any - I would expect a few in a new product).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Figured I would post this here instead of making a new topic about it.

I'm going to the Celtics game on Friday against the Thunder. I've been to 4 games last year so I somewhat know my way around the area..basically Quincy Market to the Garden.

What are some recommended place(s) to grab a couple beers before the game? I was planning on heading up, grabbing a bite to eat at Quincy Market and then grabbing a couple beers before the game.

Thanks for the help  ;)

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I'm going to the Celtics game on Friday against the Thunder. I've been to 4 games last year so I somewhat know my way around the area..basically Quincy Market to the Garden.

What are some recommended place(s) to grab a couple beers before the game? I was planning on heading up, grabbing a bite to eat at Quincy Market and then grabbing a couple beers before the game.

Thanks for the help  ;)

I almost always catch a few brews at the Harp before the game.

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
The Fours a nice atmosphere if your doing grub but for beers only I recommend Boston Beerworks. They brew their own beer and have nice bar food if your still hungry.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Thanks for the help  ;)

The Harp is where Stubhub is, right? Me no likey the Harp. Too crowded, and the three times I've been in there I've always felt like my hair wasn't gelled enough.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77

Thanks for the help  ;)

The Harp is where Stubhub is, right? Me no likey the Harp. Too crowded, and the three times I've been in there I've always felt like my hair wasn't gelled enough.

IP thats cuz you don't use enough hair gel.  :P
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Where is tonight's Game Thread?!?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

I can't find it either. Its not listed under the "game threads" section as well. I swear I saw an active thread for this game sometime this morning...

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I can't find it either. Its not listed under the "game threads" section as well. I swear I saw an active thread for this game sometime this morning...

First game in a long time when I've been where I could sign on, and it's the one night there's no thread ... bizarre. I know a thread was made, too, (I commented on the earrings, cuz my Mom has them), but I can't find it anywhere. ("Twilight Zone" music starts)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

First game in a long time when I've been where I could sign on, and it's the one night there's no thread ... bizarre. I know a thread was made, too, but I can't find it anywhere. ("Twilight Zone" music starts)

LOL...sorry about your luck. We are playing well though...that should make you feel better.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

First game in a long time when I've been where I could sign on, and it's the one night there's no thread ... bizarre. I know a thread was made, too, but I can't find it anywhere. ("Twilight Zone" music starts)

LOL...sorry about your luck. We are playing well though...that should make you feel better.

Yeah ... they look good right now. I obviously missed some announcement or something, cuz the game thread is usually one of the busiest threads, and not only is it gone, but no one else is asking. (???)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
no game thread??? man that stinks

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:42 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Yeah ... they look good right now. I obviously missed some announcement or something, cuz the game thread is usually one of the busiest threads, and not only is it gone, but no one else is asking. (???)

Hmm...that or we both are banned from game threads ;D :D