Author Topic: Patriots 2020 Season  (Read 77845 times)

Re: Patriots 2020 Season
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2020, 06:58:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cam got benched? Christ, just put me out of my misery...

NE blew their chance to replace TB12 with Foles in the offseason

Newton sucks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:08:51 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2020, 07:08:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Congrate TB12

Bucs 45 and Raiders 20 lol

« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I was oh-so-wrong about Justin Herbert. I thought the NFL was gonna eat him alive because of his suspect decision making. That might be my worst prediction for an NFL draft pick ever. Dude's got a special arm.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2020, 07:12:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Blow it up, burn it down, take it apart, fire sale, whatever you want to call it.

Cam seems washed. Sad to see. I guess the first couple games were a mirage.

They probably should cut Cam and let Stidham get some on the job training for the rest of the season.

In all likelihood the qb of the future hasn't been drafted yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I think everyone, including Belichick, has pretty much given up. Or they don't care at all.

I get that the talent on this team is thin with the COVID opt-outs + injuries, but they could still be playing a lot better than they are. But the body language from Belichick over the last few weeks also seems to show even he doesn't really care, or he's just not motivated enough to try and spark something. Almost like he's accepted it especially with this mediocre offense.

Cam's also lost his "swagger". The Cam we saw making good plays and then celebrating after the play like he did, he isn't doing any of that anymore. Lot of bad throws, bad decisions, and the mechanics look way off.

Yikes
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think everyone, including Belichick, has pretty much given up. Or they don't care at all.

I get that the talent on this team is thin with the COVID opt-outs + injuries, but they could still be playing a lot better than they are. But the body language from Belichick over the last few weeks also seems to show even he doesn't really care, or he's just not motivated enough to try and spark something. Almost like he's accepted it especially with this mediocre offense.

Cam's also lost his "swagger". The Cam we saw making good plays and then celebrating after the play like he did, he isn't doing any of that anymore. Lot of bad throws, bad decisions, and the mechanics look way off.

Yikes

Probably time to think about firing Belichick also. Start fresh

Debate is over... the success was more due to TB12 than Belichick

« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Let's say we continue to flame out, and the Buccaneers go on a championship run (or at least gets to the super bowl). Does that change anyone's opinions on the whole "who deserves more credit, Bill or Brady?" question?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Let's say we continue to flame out, and the Buccaneers go on a championship run (or at least gets to the super bowl). Does that change anyone's opinions on the whole "who deserves more credit, Bill or Brady?" question?

Well it's been obvious from the start that Brady deserves more credit for those 6 championships, and today further proves it

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

Definitely. I personally have always felt it was a bit more Brady, because it's not just his performances but also his impact and football allure. Notice how as soon as he joined the Bucs, so many players wanted to team up with him in Tampa. Antonio Brown came off suspension and despite interest from other teams chose the Bucs. I'm sure Bell might have had the Bucs on his mind but the Bucs already had a really loaded RB roster and depth so he picked another contender in KC.

Belichick is also the GOAT at his position btw. Not knocking him, and again I think both Brady-Belichick helped each other out along the way. I do think though if Tampa reaches or even wins the SB you have to think it was more Brady.

A counterargument though is that the disparity between talent and weapons between the Bucs and Pats isn't even fair lol. I don't think Brady would have done much better than Cam with our current "weapons", and even last season Brady struggled for most of the year here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Isn't it already apparent that TB12 deserves more credit?

Barring some kind of miracle.... Patriots are done for the season.  Last two losses are beyond bad.  Zero fight/execution

You replace Newton with TB12, the Pats would be in a better place right now

« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Definitely. I personally have always felt it was a bit more Brady, because it's not just his performances but also his impact and football allure. Notice how as soon as he joined the Bucs, so many players wanted to team up with him in Tampa. Antonio Brown came off suspension and despite interest from other teams chose the Bucs. I'm sure Bell might have had the Bucs on his mind but the Bucs already had a really loaded RB roster and depth so he picked another contender in KC.

Belichick is also the GOAT at his position btw. Not knocking him, and again I think both Brady-Belichick helped each other out along the way. I do think though if Tampa reaches or even wins the SB you have to think it was more Brady.

A counterargument though is that the disparity between talent and weapons between the Bucs and Pats isn't even fair lol. I don't think Brady would have done much better than Cam with our current "weapons", and even last season Brady struggled for most of the year here.

This is not definite

Especially if Brady helps propel Bucs to the finals

« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2020, 07:35:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yikes

Probably time to think about firing Belichick also. Start fresh

Debate is over... the success was more due to TB12 than Belichick

Lol that's nonsense.

This season doesn't prove that at all
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Isn't it already apparent that TB12 deserves more credit?

Barring some kind of miracle.... Patriots are done for the season.  Last two losses are beyond bad.  Zero fight/execution

You replace Newton with TB12, the Pats would be in a better place right now
What credit does he not get? He’s universally recognised as the greatest QB of all time, and is on many peoples Mount Rushmore of all sports players.

Also, it is not time to fire Belichick. It’s time to move on from McDaniels, but Belichick is not an issue at all lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2020, 07:59:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Patriots got beat at the point of contact on both sides of the ball all game long. Simply put, they were slapped silly. The yards after contact stats have to have been dominated by the Niners.

The Patriots overall lack of talent due to bad drafts over the last 6-8 years has been exposed. Luckily they will have gobs of cash to spend in free agency next year.

« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Cam postgame:

Q. How disappointing was that performance after getting a full week of practice to be shut out, well shut out, six points today?

CN: Very disappointing, but we just got to be better.

Q. I know you don’t want to make excuses, but on some of those throws it looked like you were laboring a little bit. Is your shoulder, are you feeling okay physically?

CN: Yes, sir.

Q. You said during the week that you felt like you hadn’t played well. After a game like this, how is your confidence right now? How is your mindset? And how do you approach things when you’ve been in a rut like this to pull yourself out of it?

CN: I don’t know. But I can’t, one thing that can’t happen is I can’t allow myself to feel sorry for myself. I know what the issue is and you just have to attack it and do better.

Q. You know what the issue is. What is the issue?

CN: Me not playing good.

Q. Is there something leading to that?

CN: It’s simple. Play better.

Q. How do you sum up what went wrong today?

CN: I can’t speak for everybody. I just stick to the man in the mirror and I wasn’t good enough. I didn’t -- in no way shape or form did I put this team in a position to compete, and that’s inexcusable. This is the National Football League where a lot is put on the quarterback and I have to deliver and I haven’t done that. Quite frankly, it’s evident. So here moving forward I know what the issue is, like I just said, and I just have to be better.

Q. All quarterbacks go through things from the standpoint of struggling. You’ve certainly have done that in your career. How in the past have you gotten through that and how much of it right now is mental to you in not making the right decision and things like that, in your mind, with this offense right now?

CN: It’s a lot of it mental. I’m not going to point fingers at nobody else being the fact that I just didn’t get the job done. And when you have a performance like that going against a team like this, what happened tonight will happen again. So like I said, it’s a distasteful taste and feeling, but yet here moving forward you just got to get on a roll. We just got to get one. Once that happens -- we just got to start with tomorrow, come back, review the film, and don’t put too much into understanding life’s lesson. So with that being said, I understand what’s expected, and only thing that I can control is putting a good body of practice in a week and put myself in the best situation.

Q. After the game, Coach said, Cam’s our guy. How confident are you that you can be the guy starting next week and getting this team right again going forward?

CN: Without a doubt.

Q. What happened on the interception to Fred Warner? I think it was on a pass to Jakobi Meyers.

CN: That’s sad when you have to think about it. Yeah, I just lost him. I lost him and I seen -- I just eyed Jakobi too much. I should have just threw it away, got down. The decision-making is inexcusable and I think that’s the most frustrating thing, being that once you pride yourself on certain things, that -- facing -- and you’re doing or doing things that you’re doing, it even makes matters worse. So the point of emphasis all year has been protecting the football and you know you have to protect the football. And when you do not protect the football, that’s when you kind of question a lot of things. But yet at the end of the day, we’re just going to come back to the drawing board starting tomorrow and I have full faith in the coaching staff and to be prepared. So it’s just about player production.

Q. Jakobi is a guy who hasn’t played a lot this season, but it seems like you have some confidence in throwing it to him when he did get in there. What gave you that confidence to throw it to Jakobi so much?

CN: It didn’t matter if it was Jakobi or Julian or Burk, we just got to make sure that -- everybody’s in there for a reason and I have to read my keys and get to the right guy.

Q. How would you characterize the health of your right throwing shoulder?

CN: It’s fine.

Q. Could you repeat that? I couldn’t hear it.

CN: It is fine.

Q. I’m just -- mechanically, how are you feeling, the mechanics have been the last couple weeks since you’ve been back?

CN: Well, I’ve just been pressing. I don’t think it’s anything with mechanics. It’s seeing the situation at hand and I caught myself just pressing too much. The energy is definitely been off for me and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you. I love playing this football game. I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better. And a lot of things starts and stops at that position and I understand that. And I have put this team in a rut with the performances here, and yet just start over with Monday and see where it goes.

Q. After the Julian interception his frustration was pretty obvious. Just wondering if you had a chance to talk to him and if you did, from your standpoint how two of you could work together to bring things back on, back to normal quickly?

CN: Well, we got to figure it out. We got to figure it out. Our Wi-Fi is definitely off. And it’s frustrating because knowing the person Julian is and knowing the body of work that he puts in each and every week and day and from preparation to biometrically with his body, you fall in love with a person like that. And with me, I just want to win. I just want to find a way to win. And here of late, that hasn’t been the case.

So we have a team full of warriors. We have a team full of guys who knows how to figure certain things out and that’s what we’re just going to have to do here moving forward.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/10/everything-cam-newton-said-after-being-benched-in-ugly-loss-to-san-francisco-49ers.html
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D