Author Topic: why lock?  (Read 10778 times)

Re: why lock?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The sooner you guys figure out that forum communities are a dictatorship, the better for everyone here it would be. This "double guessing" of every little thing mods do is getting a bit tiring. Jeff can do whatever the hell he pleases. I mean, Jeff here has been too polite and respectful here under the circumstances... I think it's time to let the guys do their thing without all the "policing".
I respect that it's a dictatorship, and I know it's a privilege to post on here.  But i still think CM had a right to post the 'lost its way' thread.  I respect that Jeff included in his post that someone could recreate the topic, that's just the right thing to do.  But I still don't see why any thread should be locked.  Even if it's veering off topic, as you say someone can just start it up again in a new topic.  So what do you really gain, other than people's discourage?  Even if you have to divide 1 thread into 2, you're not creating the issue of people having to create a new topic in order to discuss it.  It's really a nice loophole, but I think people prefer things a little more democratic.  I also think it would be polite if you messaged the original poster about what he/she did wrong when locking threads or removing posts.

Just one man's opinion.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale