Author Topic: 37-0 in deep jeopardy. And Supernova Lebron is after to break that record!!!  (Read 11564 times)

Re: 35-0 in deep jeopardy!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Each team won on their respective home floors each time. Bucks live off their fan energy. I expect the trend to continue. Well be fine

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Two keys for Game 7:
1) Protect the ball. Lots of silly dribbling turnovers during the hero ball sessions. I'm sure Brad Stevens is going to reiterate to play team ball and find the open shooters and some low post opportunities to slow the game down and allow us to get into half court sets. Each strip = 2 points the other way because Giannis is already running the moment it happens. Part of the solution is just playing at home. The Bucks go on those large runs due to fast breaks after turnovers. Then the young players get rattled and try to force plays and give up even more turnovers. At home, they'll be a bit more relaxed.

2) Need to rotate better on defense. Brown looked terrible on the rotations in Game 6. He gave up on several key plays which led to wide open 3 pointers. I liked the idea of putting Smart on Giannis in the low post similar to how we played Millsap years ago. I wouldn't even double team him after entry. Make him have to push Smart to the ground or make him make that turnaround jumper. I know that he's been knocking them down, but it's not going to continue forever. I'd much rather see an entire game of 20 foot turnaround jumpers by a below average shooter than watch an entire game of wide open 3s by Khris Middleton because the rotations are just not there in time.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
And that WELP!!! word should be banned from celticsblog. God do I hate that word which connotes helplessness, victimization and impotence.

Couldn't have said it better, I agree wholeheartedly. A hundred Tommy Points for that.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Nah, I think we're going to win. How many Bucks have been in a 7th game??? Anyone, anyone? Ok the guys that really don't play that much...Delly and Jet. I think Smart, Brown, Rozier and Horford can get everyone settled since they went through it last year. 7th games are just different.

I think Rozier and Brown are going to have great games.

Exactly. To win game 7s on the road you have to have killers. Anyone think Bledsoe is? Or Middleton? And Giannis certainly is not capable of carrying his team in game like this. Of this was in Milwaukee then I give them the advantages. But game 7s in Boston on a Saturday night? Tough sledding

How do you know they are not killers?

I know Middleton has been killing us the whole series and so does Giannis.. How else will we know if they will disappear in game 7 when its also the first game seven for most of our guys save for Horford.
Just saying that defensively we are doing ok I suppose but our offense is also stinking up as we still go through 5 or 7 minutes without a field goal.

I agree to a point.  I think that Giannis and Middleton will CONTINUE to show up as they have BOTH been remarkably consistent and very good in this series.  That being said, I think that the odds are in our favor regarding our "scorers" that did NOT show up in Game Six (Morris, Smart, Brown, and Rozier) showing up in Game 6.  AND I can just about GUARANTEE you that Horford gets MORE than 8 freaking shots.  Those five things would have to stay the same for us to lose at home.  It could happen and 35-0 would end, but I like our odds.

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Two keys for Game 7:
1) Protect the ball. Lots of silly dribbling turnovers during the hero ball sessions. I'm sure Brad Stevens is going to reiterate to play team ball and find the open shooters and some low post opportunities to slow the game down and allow us to get into half court sets. Each strip = 2 points the other way because Giannis is already running the moment it happens. Part of the solution is just playing at home. The Bucks go on those large runs due to fast breaks after turnovers. Then the young players get rattled and try to force plays and give up even more turnovers. At home, they'll be a bit more relaxed.

2) Need to rotate better on defense. Brown looked terrible on the rotations in Game 6. He gave up on several key plays which led to wide open 3 pointers. I liked the idea of putting Smart on Giannis in the low post similar to how we played Millsap years ago. I wouldn't even double team him after entry. Make him have to push Smart to the ground or make him make that turnaround jumper. I know that he's been knocking them down, but it's not going to continue forever. I'd much rather see an entire game of 20 foot turnaround jumpers by a below average shooter than watch an entire game of wide open 3s by Khris Middleton because the rotations are just not there in time.

I would add this:  Pump fake and MAKE them foul us in the paint (and even on the three point line for that matter).  I think that their bigs are so HUNGRY to block our shots that they are very susceptible to biting on good pump fakes.  But, once we get them to bite, we have to make sure that there is contact and go into them when they are in the air.  Absolutely NO fade aways!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
So far Ive seen Tatum Pump fake but no one else seems to be doing it.
MAKER is a human shot blocking machine but he jumps on every opportunity.. Get him in foul trou le early to negate their length.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Game day, time for the C's to win Game 7.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Of course it’s in jeopardy.  I mean, we certainly could lose the game.  But I’ll watch anyway.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Last I checked game 7 was in Boston. Celtics will get it done.

The sky is falling the sky is falling! CBers are a bunch of chicken littles!

TPs to both you guys.

And that WELP!!! word should be banned from celticsblog. God do I hate that word which connotes helplessness, victimization and impotence.

I always viewed "welp" as a kind of more amusing/self-deprecating way of saying "oops" or "crap", lol. #MissedTheMemo ;D

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 10:55:39 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Let's make it 36-0 :)

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2018, 11:44:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Celtics won!!!!  ;D

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
“Prayers chance”

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 11:57:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
gee willikers mr. OP, please bite me.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 11:07:52 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Oh no! Here we go again! 36-0 in jeopardy!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 11:13:15 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Oh no! Here we go again! 36-0 in jeopardy!!!

Double jeopardy yoooo