Author Topic: boooogie  (Read 1753 times)

boooogie
« on: June 19, 2019, 05:02:02 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
First half of 2017-18 Boogie and Davis were teammates.

Boogie: 25.2 points, 12.9 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 1.6 blocks, 1.6 steals with 47%/35%/74% in 36mpg.

Davis: 27.4 points, 10.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 2.1 blocks, 1.3 steals with 54%/36.7%/82% in 36mpg

Dude is a mentalcase, but screw it... He's the same age (29) that Rasheed Wallace was when he calmed the heck down and helped the Pistons win a title. Beyond the personality issues... if healthy he probably gives you 85% of what Davis does except you don't have to give up Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14, #20, #22, and he Memphis 1st to get him... you just sign him on a team-friendly contract.

With Kyrie and Horford gone, we can renounce everyone and have max cap room.  Boogie isn't going to cost max money.  What do you expect he'll want financially?

Re: boooogie
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:16 AM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
If he has legit turned the corner personality-wise then why not?  The major concern with him would be that he would bully CBS and be a lazy defender but if he's mellowed a bit and has guys like Smart to keep him straight emotionally and on defense then I say it's certainly worth a shot

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:06 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'd pay him Marcus Smart money and that's it. He's supposed to provide depth and bolster the Warriors into a complete dynasty and he failed.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 05:23:26 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd pay him Marcus Smart money and that's it. He's supposed to provide depth and bolster the Warriors into a complete dynasty and he failed.
he put up decent stats for someone coming off a significant injury.  A year more removed would be interesting.

Marcus Smart money... so 12 mil? 

Boston would still have like 20 mil to play with in that scenario if they dumped yabu and one of the picks... if you had PG - Smart, SG - Brown, SF - Hayward, PF - Tatum, C - Boogie ... who would you target with the 20 mil?

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 05:58:24 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’m eying Vucevic.

The Magic finished the season on a 22-9 run, and Vucevic is a big reason why putting up 21 and 12 on the season at age 28. I think he is a logical replacement for Horford, but my guess there will be at least a handful of teams that want him including the Magic.  Also maybe someone offers him a max contract that we are just short of.

What scares me with Boogie is players are really never the same after an Achilles injury.  Correct me if I’m wrong I think the Pels played better once Boogie went down with his injury during that season.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:59:28 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
he put up decent stats for someone coming off a significant injury.  A year more removed would be interesting.

Marcus Smart money... so 12 mil? 

Boston would still have like 20 mil to play with in that scenario if they dumped yabu and one of the picks... if you had PG - Smart, SG - Brown, SF - Hayward, PF - Tatum, C - Boogie ... who would you target with the 20 mil?

Would have to be a power forward cause you dont want hayward starting there.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 06:00:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Cousins didn't show enough in GSW to be worth investing major money in. That injury he suffered was too serious. I mean Cousins was already a so-so defender. Now his quickness and agility have been seriously hampered.

At the moment, he gives up about as many points on defense as he creates for you on offense. That is an average player. Not a star. Then throw in all the personality crap that he brings on board (a million times worse than Kyrie).

A cheap short term deal to prove he can get back to being a star talent = yeah, I'd consider that.

A long term deal = no way.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:02:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like Mirotic. I'd love to see him here.

I do not believe that he is good enough to justify sending Hayward (alternate starting PF) back to the bench though.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 06:08:04 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Honestly. I believe we can address front court with a trade and a part of the capspace.

And some of the names being tossed take up too much of the space. I dont think anyone get bogie for less than 20 mill. Some team will offer at least that. And imo that is too much for someone who doesnt really fit the timeline.

With everone renounced we will have upwards of 38ish million.

Most milwaukee reporters and media claim brogdon wont be matched at 18 or 19. And some sources and executives claim that 15 mill per is the number.

So It makes far more sense to offer brogdon 20-21 mill leaving enough to sign randle at 17-19 range.

Then draft bpas including a center to start and use room mle on vet depth(dedmon?)

Brogdon/smart
Brown/thybulle
Tatum/hayward
Randal/dedmon
Goga/baynes/williams

Address further trades at deadline involving smart amd hayward

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 06:55:27 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd be very down for getting Boooogie at a 1+1 deal of 20 million per. We take a shot if things don't work or Boogie does great the player has the opt. Everyone is protected.

Also being one plus one if he opts in Hayward and Boogie are two exp deals to work with the same year.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'd be very down for getting Boooogie at a 1+1 deal of 20 million per. We take a shot if things don't work or Boogie does great the player has the opt. Everyone is protected.

Also being one plus one if he opts in Hayward and Boogie are two exp deals to work with the same year.
Yeah, a short term deal where he can come try and prove he's still got it would be a-ok with me
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 07:19:56 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
A constructive suggestion to help the Celtics from LarBrd33 for once :o. Thought he only knows how to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. on the Celtics lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 07:32:17 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Boogie would be awesome!!!... wonder which one we're gonna get

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I’d be up for signing boogie cousins. I don’t see any reason why he’d want to sign here though. But maybe DA can prove me wrong. That said, we’d have Cousins and Hayward?? Hospital Celtics really living up to its name. .
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am game. Possible big payoff for smaller money. A big besides Baynes that can bang with Embid. Why not? It's worth the gamble.