Author Topic: What's worse: Howard to LA or NY Nets?  (Read 6294 times)

Re: What's worse: Howard to LA or NY Nets?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Nets by a mile. The Lakers have to get through OKC & Spurs, and the other young teams on the rise first. The Eastern conference, barring an acquirement of Howard by the Nets, is pretty stagnant from last year.

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The Nets.  That's obvious.  We wouldn't see Dwight + Kobe + Nash until the Finals.  And if we did get there that would of course be awesome.

On the Nets...he could prevent us from even getting past the 2nd round.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't like the Nets. Badly run organization. I don't want to see them do well.

New ownership, new location, new management.  I say it's a little early to say that they are a badly run organization after just a couple of years.  Personally, I'd welcome seeing them establish themselves as a long term legitimate Eastern Conference contender. 
Billy King

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't like the Nets. Badly run organization. I don't want to see them do well.

New ownership, new location, new management.  I say it's a little early to say that they are a badly run organization after just a couple of years.  Personally, I'd welcome seeing them establish themselves as a long term legitimate Eastern Conference contender. 
Billy King

One more reason to want him to go to NJ, not the Lakers.

Howard on the Lakers can mean they catch or pass Celtics in terms of titles.

Howard on the Nets is not much different the Howard on the Magic. 

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

Offline AlainaCath

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Lakers by a wide margin....Dwight makes them serious contenders again and I was looking forward to watching them crumbling beneath Kobe's contract and old age.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Billy King

It looks to me like Billy King might have a shot at changing his reputation as a team builder down in Brooklyn.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Nets.  I'd love to see Howard go to the Lakers....Even though in an ideal world he'd make them champions.

In the real world, the Lakers scenario would rival the (in the nauseating repetitive Bill Walton words that year" "Fo Futa Hallafamas") trainwreck....When they brought Payton and Malone to team with O'Neal and Kobe. 

Howard wouldn't get enough touches.  He'd get tired of guarding his and Los Nash's guy every time down the court.  Bryant will be tired of los Nash's gross inattention to defense by game 15 regardless.....And then there's Artest.....

While being a fan of Kobe and seeing Howard in LA as a disaster....The Howard in LA scenario would a fitting ending for Los Nash's career.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Lakers, don't want to see the Lakers win another ring :(

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
I know that as Celtics fans we naturally root against the Lakers.  Call me crazy, but I don't root against them when they aren't playing us(unless it's the NBA finals).  I don't want them to win more titles than us, but I do want them to be there when we win.  I hope the Lakers win the West and we win the East.  I'd rather beat the Lakers than any other team in the league.  So let them trade for Dwight and put together an amazing regular season and playoffs only to run into an extremely deep, scrappy, veteran Celtics club.  We love to chant BEAT LA!  So let them earn a chance for us to send them home.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That's like asking would I rather shove a hot poker up my rectum.

Or chop off my wiener.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »

Offline spinz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Not easy, but i guess id rather see him go to the lakers, since it'll be another one man show in a couple years.
Having a team with johnson, d-will, and howard in our division? No thanks.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Since this once 'championship driven' team is now apparently satisfied to make it to the ECF and call the season a success, better to have Howard in the West, where they don't have to even face him in the post-season.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 02:04:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Dwight going to the Nets would be worse, since they are in our division. I hate the Lakers but the nets being good would more adversely effect us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
im not sure why any celtic fan would want the Lakers to land a top 5 talent who is still in his prime... That's crazy talk.   I'd rather have Dwight anywhere else.  He makes any team he's on an instant contender.  That Magic team he had surrounding him was garbage, but he still gave them a chance every year.

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »

Offline spinz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
No doubt about it, the principle of him going to the lakers would be annoying as hell. Especially listening to the media. But i just dont think a bynum for howard swap solves all their problems or gives them a big window to win. The nets trio could be much more effective for a lot longer.... and it impacts us a lot more since we'd be playing them all the time.