Author Topic: The crowd NEEDS to bring it tonight.  (Read 9565 times)

The crowd NEEDS to bring it tonight.
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

Offline cmon man pass tha ball!

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 7
  • Here we go now!
We need to bring the intensity all game from beginning to end. We need to show the people of Chicago what a real crowds and real fans can do. This is our home. We need to make that building rock likes its never rocked before. The whole country will be watching. Game 7.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:24:25 AM by Redz »
Come on Man!What's your problem man! pass the ball!!

Re: The crowd NEEDS to bring it tomorrow night.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
If we want the fans to blow the roof off the place. Make Scalabrine take off his jersey on the bench and wave it. That should do the trick.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
we will bring it....we always do.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56

Yes. Absolutely yes.

We know our job. We are Celtics Nation. We are the unseen player on the bench. We are the home court advantage. We carry the torch-like Cigar of Red. We speak the gravelly Voice of Johnny. We are Reggie's heartbeat. We are "We love ya, Couse!" We are every player who ever wore the Green and White. We are the termites of the True Old Parquet. We are the acrid aroma of the old Garden's stairwells and catwalks. We are the twenty-first century spirit of the new Garden. We embody the legacy of 17 Championships. We have provided the deep foundation of the first and greatest true Dynasty in all of sports. We are The Garden, and we will not forget our duty.

We will be swarming the streets and pubs of the Bullfinch Triangle for hours before the game, and we will be well fueled. At game time, we will not need no stinking Jumbletroms. We don't need no stinking cheerleaders. Welcome to the Jungle. We know what to do, and we will do it. We are Celtics Nation, and we have a solemn duty.

(in our best "We Are Sparta" voice:)
WE ARE CELTICS NATION! WE ARE THE GARDEN! BRING ON THE BULLS.

This will be a game to tell our great-grandchildren about. I thought I was pumped for the victory game last year. And I was. But somehow, this is different. They need us more this year. They gave us glory last June. It's time to repay that debt.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:51:27 PM by Section 87 »

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
the crowd has the easy job

it will be loud
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3185
Consider it brought!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Got my ticket! Driving down from ORONO MAINE tomorrow because I know they need us as much as we need them. WE WILL BRING IT! AND SO WILL THE CELTICS!

LETS GO CELTICS!

btw, if KG plays, (yea I know, unlikely) I will go nuts.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:51 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Got my ticket! Driving down from ORONO MAINE tomorrow because I know they need us as much as we need them. WE WILL BRING IT! AND SO WILL THE CELTICS!

LETS GO CELTICS!

btw, if KG plays, (yea I know, unlikely) I will go nuts.

Have fun! Make us proud. Scream your lungs out.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I feel responsible to hold it down for all those who can't make it. I will be representin' no doubt!

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »

Offline cmon man pass tha ball!

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 7
  • Here we go now!
the crowd has the easy job

it will be loud

hahaha I love it. well said. That gave me chills. I dont plan on having a voice after this one.
Come on Man!What's your problem man! pass the ball!!

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'd be certain to make sure I did my part, but unfortunately I don't have Celtics playoffs tickets...heh.

Got any you can give me?  ;D
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

Yes. Absolutely yes.

We know our job. We are Celtics Nation. We are the unseen player on the bench. We are the home court advantage. We carry the torch-like Cigar of Red. We speak the gravelly Voice of Johnny. We are Reggie's heartbeat. We are "We love ya, Couse!" We are every player who ever wore the Green and White. We are the termites of the True Old Parquet. We are the acrid aroma of the old Garden's stairwells and catwalks. We are the twenty-first century spirit of the new Garden. We embody the legacy of 17 Championships. We have provided the deep foundation of the first and greatest true Dynasty in all of sports. We are The Garden, and we will not forget our duty.

We will be swarming the streets and pubs of the Bullfinch Triangle for hours before the game, and we will be well fueled. At game time, we will not need no stinking Jumbletroms. We don't need no stinking cheerleaders. Welcome to the Jungle. We know what to do, and we will do it. We are Celtics Nation, and we have a solemn duty.

This will be a game to tell our great-grandchildren about. I thought I was pumped for the victory game last year. And I was. But somehow, this is different. They need us more this year. They gave us glory last June. It's time to repay that debt.

Nice thought, but not true.  This used to be true but starting last year and so far in this series (except the end of game 5) the Garden crowd has been really weak.  Anyone who says otherwise never attended a celtics game when the crowd really made a difference or is just kidding themself.  I spent $200 for a corner balcony seat and I am hoping the crowd is like it was back in 2002.  Those crowds were great and deserving of Celtic legacy and to be called the jungle.  I hope we can have that back tomorrow and for the rest of the playoffs.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 12:54:20 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Yes. Absolutely yes.

Nice thought, but not true.  This used to be true but starting last year and so far in this series (except the end of game 5) the Garden crowd has been really weak.  Anyone who says otherwise never attended a celtics game when the crowd really made a difference or is just kidding themself.  I spent $200 for a corner balcony seat and I am hoping the crowd is like it was back in 2002.  Those crowds were great and deserving of Celtic legacy and to be called the jungle.  I hope we can have that back tomorrow and for the rest of the playoffs.

wasn't at this series, but heard it hasn't been as loud in a long long time
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:57:23 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Yes. Absolutely yes.

As a season ticketholder for 10 years, I agree and disagree. There definitely are more "pink hats" in the stands this year, but at many games, the crowd has been loud when needed. I can tell you, however, that I still have not heard the crowd match the level of intensity of the greatest comeback win in NBA playoff history.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 01:04:20 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

Yes. Absolutely yes.

wasn't at this series, but heard it hasn't been as loud in a long long time

You probably heard that from people who haven't watched in a very long long time either.I'm telling you, if you were around for the playoffs in the early part of the decade, you would know what I'm talking about.  I'm really annoyed by people who have recently begun following the team and talk like they know everything.  I remember leaving playoff games last year thinking about how weak the crowd was and then listening to WEEI only to hear a fan who was at the game (who most likely hadn't been to a game in 20 years) say that the Garden was just as loud as it has ever been.  Part of it is Boston fans think they're better than they actually are and also the type of fans that show up to these games. In 2002, the celts weren't picked to do a thing in the playoffs.  They were led by Paul Pierce and Antoine walker, two guys who didn't have much commercial appeal, and the crowds were true die hards.  Today the Garden is full of suits and young girls going just for the experience, except they're the ones ruining it.  If you were one of those fans in "the jungle" you would know what I am talking about.

Just one example of what I am talking about was last year in Game 5 of the Cavs series.  The jumbotron was showing the celebrities in the crowd and Antoine Walker came on.  There was no reaction either positive or negative... No one knew who he was!  Love him or hate him, Walker was a big part of our recent history.  The guy next to me even asked me who he was when I cheered for him.  It was ridiculous. There was a bigger response for the guy from blind date! It's just depressing going to the games at times because you know you are sitting next to some one who doesn't really care or fully understand what's going on.  Sorry for going on, but I'm really big on this topic.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:18:16 AM by PierceMVP08 »