Author Topic: Injury Updates: Kemba/Langford/TT  (Read 7642 times)

Re: Injury Updates: Kemba/Langford/TT
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 12:21:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Dwyane Wade had similar lingering knee issues around 2013, as I remember.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1740243-dwyane-wade-turns-to-extreme-knee-treatments-to-improve-health

Wade played at a relatively high level for another 4 seasons after that and retired >5 years later.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
basically kemba is done as the player he was.   nice signing, danny.
since you mention the signing, you must want to refer to the decision making process that took place then and certainly not now.

what did the medical reports say? what was the information given danny then? THAT is the appropriate basis for assessing the decision on the trade.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Nothing close to an expert, but a 12 week strengthening program with a projected return to 'on-court' work, with no mention of what that entails or to what extent he'll be back, doesn't make me feel good.
Stem-cell is like taking a healing booster. Muscles should heal faster and joints should resist breakdown. I expect two or three injections over the first twelve weeks and then once every 6 months for his career.

What’s that based on? From everything I’ve read this is an experimental treatment - it might help, but it’s not proven to do anything. It’s the kind of thing you try when you want to give yourself every chance, and especially if the standard treatments aren’t working.  Sometimes rich ppl and athletes get the worst treatment because they have unlimited resources and doctors want to try every last possible treatment, even ones that do no good and might cause harm.

https://www.healthline.com/health/stem-cell-therapy-for-knees
I got my info from WebMD and 4 unbiased references. Also read up on its comparison to Plasma injections.

Both have had legit results in muscle growth and pain relief. Both have had problems. Plasma works more on muscle but is less reliable. Stem works more on joint and seems to offer better pain relief.

Need me to link everything just let me know. But I read it a while back when I heard non surgery treatment was the way Kemba was doing things.

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I'm kind of looking forward to see Nesmith and Pritchard thrown in there early.  Will accelerate their growth curve.  Remember that is what the Heat did with Robinson and Herro. Let them play through their mistakes so that they were pretty comfortable once the playoffs began.
good points. and least we forget, after hayward went down we all here were pretty gloomy and doomy. but the Js took advantage of the opening in playing time to step up.

hopefully nesmith and pritchard do the same.

with tatum, brown, smart, theis, Gwill, teague, and Rwill the celtics have a decent team and can hold down the fort until people come off the injured list.

then, ainge assesses the team at the trade line to see whether or not to use the
TPE.

a long season to go, and it hasnt even started yet.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2020, 12:41:25 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Might be an unpopular opinion but with this latest news regarding Kemba, why not give IT a camp invite and see what he’s got left in the tank?

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 917
In my dreams, these injuries and a strong east means that we just miss out on the playoffs and end up winning the draft lottery.

Mike

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
In my dreams, these injuries and a strong east means that we just miss out on the playoffs and end up winning the draft lottery.

Mike
As things stand today I think we are the 4th seed come playoff time but I think it’s not unlikely that the injury bug hits one or two of:
Nets , Bucks and Heat so we can sneak into 2-3 seed

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2020, 01:20:01 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Mike

Draft BJ Boston?
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2020, 01:20:18 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
please give IT a chance here
please!

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 917

Mike
As things stand today I think we are the 4th seed come playoff time but I think it’s not unlikely that the injury bug hits one or two of:
Nets , Bucks and Heat so we can sneak into 2-3 seed

Hush, this is my dream. Go get your own.

BTW, you should see who I've selected as the team representatives at the lottery...

;)

Mike

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2020, 01:38:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1740243-dwyane-wade-turns-to-extreme-knee-treatments-to-improve-health

Wade played at a relatively high level for another 4 seasons after that and retired >5 years later.
Wade fell of a cliff after this injury.

He was still good for a couple years but his ineffectiveness was a big part of the reason they got ran off the floor in the 2014 finals.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2020, 01:39:14 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
since you mention the signing, you must want to refer to the decision making process that took place then and certainly not now.

what did the medical reports say? what was the information given danny then? THAT is the appropriate basis for assessing the decision on the trade.

looking at the charts now...says kemba's a midget and has played a ton of hard minutes with a team like charlotte refusing to pay him and is pushing 30 just like the point guard danny wouldn't sign with a bad hip.    meandering sentence might have confused him.  or maybe his idiot son skipped the medicals.

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yes it's Danny's fault he didn't predict the injury.  It's danny's fault he didn't predict the corona virus, the upcoming lotto numbers and when the next earthquake will happen.

Now if this issue presented itself and Ainge still signed him then your right bad signing.  If it was missed by the C's doctors then they are to blame.  Maybe Charlotte knew and that's why he was not resigned.  Offer him less then the max so they can say they tried knowing he'd leave.  Oh conspiracy theories.

This. TP.

Kemba had not had an injury history coming into the year. Unless Danny ignored the doctor, he's not to blame.

I'm still a little p---ed about the lottery numbers, though.

Mike
Kemba and Gordon were remarkably durable before Boston

Bad luck
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Wade fell of a cliff after this injury.

He was still good for a couple years but his ineffectiveness was a big part of the reason they got ran off the floor in the 2014 finals.

He was not the same guy, but his career was far from "over," which is what some people are suggesting here.

Wade had another 3 years in Miami putting up basically 19-20 pts with 4-5 ast and 4-5 reb.  Decent scoring efficiency, but his three point shooting was never really good.

After that he had one decent season in Chicago, then played his final two seasons in a lesser role with Cleveland and Miami.

Notable during that stretch is that he was basically played 55-70 games a season at most, i.e. limiting his load.

However, if Wade were a 38-40% three point shooter instead of a <30% shooter, he probably would have been more effective and perhaps played longer.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
please give IT a chance here
please!

Ainge said no today on toucher and rich