Author Topic: Injury Updates: Kemba/Langford/TT  (Read 7645 times)

Re: Injury Updates: Kemba/Langford/TT
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Well based on this we might get a very different group of starters month 1. No Kemba, Langford and limited TT does that mean we see main depth chart for the Dec and Jan as

Smart/Teague
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Semi
GW/RW
Theis/Thompson
GW/RW at the Starting PF position? We are doom then
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 08:47:23 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Nothing close to an expert, but a 12 week strengthening program with a projected return to 'on-court' work, with no mention of what that entails or to what extent he'll be back, doesn't make me feel good.
Stem-cell is like taking a healing booster. Muscles should heal faster and joints should resist breakdown. I expect two or three injections over the first twelve weeks and then once every 6 months for his career.

What’s that based on? From everything I’ve read this is an experimental treatment - it might help, but it’s not proven to do anything. It’s the kind of thing you try when you want to give yourself every chance, and especially if the standard treatments aren’t working.  Sometimes rich ppl and athletes get the worst treatment because they have unlimited resources and doctors want to try every last possible treatment, even ones that do no good and might cause harm.

https://www.healthline.com/health/stem-cell-therapy-for-knees

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 08:47:51 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
This is looking ugly. I think it will be, and Danny will pull the plug on someone mid-season. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it though

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 09:14:38 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Well based on this we might get a very different group of starters month 1. No Kemba, Langford and limited TT does that mean we see main depth chart for the Dec and Jan as

Smart/Teague
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Semi
GW/RW
Theis/Thompson

The championship Lakers team from last year often had to start Danny Green, Avery Bradley and Javale McGee. You can get those three for a ham sandwich.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 09:20:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm kind of looking forward to see Nesmith and Pritchard thrown in there early.  Will accelerate their growth curve.  Remember that is what the Heat did with Robinson and Herro. Let them play through their mistakes so that they were pretty comfortable once the playoffs began.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 09:38:40 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
basically kemba is done as the player he was.   nice signing, danny.

Come on. You want to fault him for a move go ahead, but not because a player gets injured.

I do start to wonder about the training staff. A lot. IT, Kyrie, Kemba, Hayward (not the initial injury, but the lingering sequels), Timelord.

Ehh, in this case I think some criticism is fair. Kemba was very healthy before getting here, but the injury history of small guards moving into their thirties is not good. There were more than a few who looked at that contract as not being great in maybe the last year or two. Its not like its JUST hindsight being applied here.

But who knows, he may still bounce back an be good over the rest of the deal. One thing is for sure, between hayward being gone an Kemba seemingly dealing with this issue all year an an unproven bench the c's will go as far as Brown/Tatum will drag them.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I wish I could say that the wristslitting is happening earlier this year, but in actual fact it’s happening quite late since it’s December… But I think suggestions of a .500 season are premature.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not loving the news on Langford either. I know he is scheduled to have his cast off on 12/8. I had thought this would allow him to begin training and hopefully be ready within a month, but the news here makes it sound like he won't be ready until the end of February.

This is why I have no issue trading Romeo. It's not his fault he's injured, but the best ability is availability. We're at a point where we need contributors instead of guys we hope can be contributors if they're ever on the court.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 10:33:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Smart/Teague
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Semi
GW/RW
Theis/Thompson
Pretty much but it pushes player development and team has the TPE if it doesn't work.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Smart/Teague
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Semi
GW/RW
Theis/Thompson
We have 4 big men who deserve to play and not much depth anywhere else. I am not a fan of two big lineups unless one or both of the guys can shoot. I trust Grant's shooting in the bubble will carry over so he's the only big I want playing the 4 in two big lineups.

It seems like Nesmith, Semi, Pritchard, Green and Edwards are all going to be fighting for the back up 2 and 3 spots. I would have preferred that we add another veteran wing in the offseason but we didn't so  a couple of those guys will need to step up.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2020, 11:19:11 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Yes it's Danny's fault he didn't predict the injury.  It's danny's fault he didn't predict the corona virus, the upcoming lotto numbers and when the next earthquake will happen.

Now if this issue presented itself and Ainge still signed him then your right bad signing.  If it was missed by the C's doctors then they are to blame.  Maybe Charlotte knew and that's why he was not resigned.  Offer him less then the max so they can say they tried knowing he'd leave.  Oh conspiracy theories.

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not worried about Kemba. He's just getting the injection to manage and loosen everything up. He'll be fine this year, even if he misses ten games and has to play 28-30 minutes instead of 30-32 minutes

We always new Langford would miss the first four weeks of the season at a minimum. A mid February arrival isn't that bad.

TT just tweak. No biggie.

Not sure what all the doom and gloom is about.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2020, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Sounds like a .500 team to me. Ainge seems fine with it. No Langford, no Walker, relying on Jeff Teague and Pritchard. That's mediocrity until people get healthy (if they do) and we use the TPE
You lead with No Langford?  They guy had absolutely zero impact on the team last year other than getting some posters' excited about his defensive potential.  Replacing Kemba is harder, but they managed it last year.  This is Tatum and Brown's team.  They will be fine.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:57 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Come on. You want to fault him for a move go ahead, but not because a player gets injured.

I do start to wonder about the training staff. A lot. IT, Kyrie, Kemba, Hayward (not the initial injury, but the lingering sequels), Timelord.
It’s an entirely new medical staff than the one that was here with IT. Kyrie Irving is one of the most injury prone players in the league and Gordon’s stuff was mostly freak accidents. Not blaming the training staff for a broken hand or the ankle snap.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919

Yes it's Danny's fault he didn't predict the injury.  It's danny's fault he didn't predict the corona virus, the upcoming lotto numbers and when the next earthquake will happen.

Now if this issue presented itself and Ainge still signed him then your right bad signing.  If it was missed by the C's doctors then they are to blame.  Maybe Charlotte knew and that's why he was not resigned.  Offer him less then the max so they can say they tried knowing he'd leave.  Oh conspiracy theories.

This. TP.

Kemba had not had an injury history coming into the year. Unless Danny ignored the doctor, he's not to blame.

I'm still a little p---ed about the lottery numbers, though.

Mike