Author Topic: Hausers next contract  (Read 2454 times)

Re: Hausers next contract
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2023, 02:35:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Hauser is also only 26 right now. It's not like he's some 30-year old who just found his role, there's room for more improvement as well. I think 4/53M+ is too much even with how he's looked this season, but 3/33M or 4/44M sounds reasonable.

Gabe Vincent sort of found his footing after 2021, put together a few solid seasons (and some great playoff games along the way) and at age 27 got a 3/33M deal with the Lakers.
and the Lakers probably regretted that contract even before he got hurt.  You shouldn't overpay anyone, but you can't overpay you 7th or 8th man.  It just doesn't make sense financially.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2023, 02:45:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Hauser is also only 26 right now. It's not like he's some 30-year old who just found his role, there's room for more improvement as well. I think 4/53M+ is too much even with how he's looked this season, but 3/33M or 4/44M sounds reasonable.

Gabe Vincent sort of found his footing after 2021, put together a few solid seasons (and some great playoff games along the way) and at age 27 got a 3/33M deal with the Lakers.
and the Lakers probably regretted that contract even before he got hurt.  You shouldn't overpay anyone, but you can't overpay you 7th or 8th man.  It just doesn't make sense financially.

Is that really an overpay when starters are getting 20-70 million/year nowadays? The NBA payscale has changed the past few years. Similarly, Brown's contract is not going to look bad in a year or two when a bunch of other guys will be making more than him.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2023, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Is that really an overpay when starters are getting 20-70 million/year nowadays? The NBA payscale has changed the past few years. Similarly, Brown's contract is not going to look bad in a year or two when a bunch of other guys will be making more than him.
I haven't looked at the new CBA details.  Is 3yr/33M even affordable for the Celts for a 7th man?
The Celts are already over 195M for next season and that just covers 9 players.  The following season will be when Tatum's big extension kicks in. 

The Celts have a 2M team option for Hauser next season.  That's significant leverage if the Celts do want to get a deal done with Hauser.   

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2023, 03:58:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I yr 60K  ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2023, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I think this is what Drew Peterson was signed for. To replace Hauser when his contract is up.

I had the exact same thought.

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2023, 05:07:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I think the hope for the Celtics is that Jrue really likes being here and his next deal is a Horford-style "I'm old and have already made a lot of money" sweetheart deal. His next contract would coincide with Tatum's extension kicking in so maybe that's how they make it work.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2023, 08:30:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think the hope for the Celtics is that Jrue really likes being here and his next deal is a Horford-style "I'm old and have already made a lot of money" sweetheart deal. His next contract would coincide with Tatum's extension kicking in so maybe that's how they make it work.

In that case, I think we are 'stuck' paying Jrue his full $39.4M next season. It depends if the team is willing to take that kind of hit the year Jaylen's new contract takes effect. It would definitely help the year after when Jrue's new 'team friendly' deal begins and Hauser is on his next contract.

And there is the whole Jaylen thing, too. All is well right now, but a couple more years of not winning a Title and ownership may force a move. I'm glad they are spending, but in hearing him speak before the season, Wyc wasn't holding back what is expected of this team.

Basically, there are a lot of things left to play out moving forward. Tatum is definitely safe, Porzingis is pretty safe, I'd bet we try and extend White this offseason, but there are no guarantees after that.

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2023, 09:39:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

In that case, I think we are 'stuck' paying Jrue his full $39.4M next season. It depends if the team is willing to take that kind of hit the year Jaylen's new contract takes effect. It would definitely help the year after when Jrue's new 'team friendly' deal begins and Hauser is on his next contract.

And there is the whole Jaylen thing, too. All is well right now, but a couple more years of not winning a Title and ownership may force a move. I'm glad they are spending, but in hearing him speak before the season, Wyc wasn't holding back what is expected of this team.

Basically, there are a lot of things left to play out moving forward. Tatum is definitely safe, Porzingis is pretty safe, I'd bet we try and extend White this offseason, but there are no guarantees after that.

Jrue is not worth nearly that. D White is a better player and will probably get 20-25 per year, and deserve it.