Author Topic: Shaun Alexander says he wants to play for the Patriots  (Read 8603 times)

Re: Shaun Alexander says he wants to play for the Patriots
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline cavman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.  Sammy Morris has had like 2 good games his whole career.  I like him but he hasn't proven anything at all.  Shaun Alexander was the MVP 2 years ago.  I know he struggled last year but Seattle is a much different team then us.  He was the main focus of the opposing teams defense every game.  We also have a better O-line then they do.  And we have Tom Brady. 

A 2-RB system of Maroney and Alexander would really make us unstoppable on offense.  He seems like a good character guy who might be willing to take a cheap contract to play for us.  If thats the case then we could just cut him if he sucks and we still have Sammy morris.  He could be like this years Randy Moss.

Hard to judge Morris on his Miami days since they stunk so bad.  If we did that, ... we'd see Welker only had 2 great games and would have passed on him.  Morris played VERY well while Maroney was out, until he was injured.  The offer a nice contrast in styles.
"The most important thing is the ability to communicate.  It's not how much you know.  It's how you communicate what you know."  Red