Author Topic: Chris Paul wants out  (Read 6511 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports: CP3 wants out of HOU
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2019, 04:25:07 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
2nd Worst contract in the NBA
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
[dang], it seemed they had a winning formula 2 years ago. I guess this is what happens when you blow a perfect opportunity (They should have won that conference finals against the Warriors). Could see the Lakers trading for him if they strike out in free agency. But that albatross contract is gonna be hard to move.

The Lakers simply wont have the cap space. Waiving Deng is low key the worst decision the franchise has made in the last few years because he is dead money that could have been cleared at a relatively small price

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The articles details are hilarious and I'm sure more petty crap is going to come out. They didn't talk for two months during the season.

And with his contract he's going to end up having to play with James anyways lol.

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is there a current or former teammate out there at CP3 hasn't clashed with?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2019, 04:30:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Hayward for Chis Paul if Paul agrees to eliminate final year player option. Not sure if that’s possible?

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
[dang], it seemed they had a winning formula 2 years ago. I guess this is what happens when you blow a perfect opportunity (They should have won that conference finals against the Warriors). Could see the Lakers trading for him if they strike out in free agency. But that albatross contract is gonna be hard to move.

The Lakers simply wont have the cap space. Waiving Deng is low key the worst decision the franchise has made in the last few years because he is dead money that could have been cleared at a relatively small price
I just took a look at their salary, and you seem to be right. After AD and Lebron, they just have a bunch of rookie deals. Unless they plan on signing guys just to trade them later in the year for CP3, there's no way for it to work.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2019, 04:32:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hayward for Chis Paul if Paul agrees to eliminate final year player option. Not sure if that’s possible?
I mean its possible, but I'd much rather have Hayward.

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

On this Celtics team? If the Celtics lose Irving, which it’s looking like, a fairly overpaid high caliber PG is more compatible than an overpaid wing, with the way this roster is constructed. Don’t you agree? Otherwise you need another ball handler. If you resign Horford and Rozier walks you have a hole with no cap space. What are some better options? I bet someone like Beverley gets $10M, same with Rubio

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2019, 04:40:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

On this Celtics team? If the Celtics lose Irving, which it’s looking like, a fairly overpaid high caliber PG is more compatible than an overpaid wing, with the way this roster is constructed. Don’t you agree? Otherwise you need another ball handler. If you resign Horford and Rozier walks you have a hole with no cap space. What are some better options? I bet someone like Beverley gets $10M, same with Rubio
Yes on this Celtics team.

I don't want a control freak who's make 40 million per year in his age 34/35 season. Rather take the chance on Hayward and hope he is like Paul George and recovers his former form.

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Thank goodness for Houston coming along and making some other team the most depressing story of the week in NBA news!

Good luck with that, Rockets.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Detroit maybe.

But a landing spot I see happening here is in Charlotte if the hornets lose Kemba.

Batum and biyombo

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2019, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I don't want a control freak who's make 40 million per year in his age 34/35 season. Rather take the chance on Hayward and hope he is like Paul George and recovers his former form.

That Paul contract is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse than paying Hayward a max deal for the next two years.

There's at least some sliver of hope that Hayward will recoup some of the value of the deal for the next two seasons.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
If Kyrie clashed with the kids, what do you think is gonna happen with them & CP3?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2019, 04:47:48 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

That Paul contract is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse than paying Hayward a max deal for the next two years.

There's at least some sliver of hope that Hayward will recoup some of the value of the deal for the next two seasons.

I’m okay with that. Include Horford too. Help stack houston to stop LA.

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2019, 04:50:08 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
As long as we have 2 max slot spots, at some point, with Tatum on his rookie scale, work to stop the Lakers