Author Topic: Chris Paul wants out  (Read 6585 times)

Re: Chris Paul wants out
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Here's the Lakers roster right now:

Don't see any way they trade for CP3?
I think if they push the Davis trade to August ( might have to add more to the deal) ...
Lakers can sign and trade KCP plus rondo plus Muscala plus Stevenson to Houston for cliff Paul.
Their contracts have to be 3 years minimum so years 2 and 3 have to be unguaranteed. I think all sides can happy if this happens ( including Celtics fans lol)

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I think if they push the Davis trade to August ( might have to add more to the deal) ...
Lakers can sign and trade KCP plus rondo plus Muscala plus Stevenson to Houston for cliff Paul.
Their contracts have to be 3 years minimum so years 2 and 3 have to be unguaranteed. I think all sides can happy if this happens ( including Celtics fans lol)

Why would Houston trade him to the top contender in their own conference though? They would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Lakers also have no draft picks left to give Houston any incentive to do it.

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 04:00:26 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Yeah I can't see Houston trading him to LAL and essentially putting a top rival over-the-top

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 04:02:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hayward was far from a defensive liability on defense this year. He had an extremely respectable defensive rating of 102. His position/team defense was very good. His lateral quickness wasn't nearly as lacking as much as his lift or explosion off a first step was, and he used that lateral ability very well.

Hayward's defense got better and better as the year progressed. He was no liability there. Actually, I think he played defense as well as Tatum did this year.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Yeah I can't see Houston trading him to LAL and essentially putting a top rival over-the-top

Depending on their direction they would. I’d take Kuzma for cp3 if I was Houston

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Why would Houston trade him to the top contender in their own conference though? They would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Lakers also have no draft picks left to give Houston any incentive to do it.
How about Houston get rid of the second worst contract in the league? Paul also casually misses half a season here and there with injuries.

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Can anyone blame him? Not sure if I considered myself a superstar, and Paul does for good reason, that I would want to play alongside another superstar that hogs the ball as much as Harden.

Harden's usage percentage was the highest in the league and was almost 20% more than Embiid's 2nd highest in the league usage percentage. Harden's usage percentage was almost 2 times that of Paul's.

That's not team offense and I don't blame Paul for not wanting to be a part of it anymore.
Paul chose to go to Houston and play with Harden.  He got that big contract from them and now he wants out.  Poor Baby!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If he wasn't 34, and seemingly a bit broken down and less efficient, you might have been able to trade him to Washington for Wall since Paul's terrible contract expires one year before Wall's terrible contract saving the Wizards about $45 million. He wouldn't, however, be happy there either losing 50 games a year.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Can anyone blame him? Not sure if I considered myself a superstar, and Paul does for good reason, that I would want to play alongside another superstar that hogs the ball as much as Harden.

Harden's usage percentage was the highest in the league and was almost 20% more than Embiid's 2nd highest in the league usage percentage. Harden's usage percentage was almost 2 times that of Paul's.

That's not team offense and I don't blame Paul for not wanting to be a part of it anymore.

It's really hard to feel bad for him when he himself decided to stay and get that massive contract.

He should have left the minute he realized he and James Harden wasn't a good fit, but I guess the money is just too good to pass.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Could Paul and Houston negotiate a buyout? Something like $15M
Then Paul can sign with the lakers for whatever room they have and 4 years like $100M total. I wonder if this would be allowed by the CBA

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 04:26:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Paul chose to go to Houston and play with Harden.  He got that big contract from them and now he wants out.  Poor Baby!!!

It's really hard to feel bad for him when he himself decided to stay and get that massive contract.

He should have left the minute he realized he and James Harden wasn't a good fit, but I guess the money is just too good to pass.

To you both, I don't feel bad for Paul. Houston showed him the money and he took it. He should sleep in the bed he made.

But I can understand why he wouldn't want to be there anymore. From the moment he arrived Harden has been increasing his on ball presence and it's gotten to the point of alienating every other player on the team. The other players spend most of the game sitting around watching Harden go one on one. That can't be easy to someone as good as CP3.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 04:29:04 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Could Paul and Houston negotiate a buyout? Something like $15M
Then Paul can sign with the lakers for whatever room they have and 4 years like $100M total. I wonder if this would be allowed by the CBA

😂😂😂

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If I were NO, I would help Paul go to Lakers. Lebron and Paul would be ancient in age in a few years right when those picks in 23 and 24 are unprotected. Load up on ancients Lakers...NO dynasty hinges on it.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 04:41:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If I were NO, I would help Paul go to Lakers. Lebron and Paul would be ancient in age in a few years right when those picks in 23 and 24 are unprotected. Load up on ancients Lakers...NO dynasty hinges on it.
I think you mean Houston and not NO.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I think you mean Houston and not NO.

No, I am being semi sarcastic in that if NO could facilitate Paul to Lakers from Houston, it would serve their interest of draft position in future as both Paul and Lebron would be almost 40 years of age. 😁