Author Topic: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer  (Read 13008 times)

Re: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This has all the earmarks of NBA click bait.

Oh, it absolutely is.  SAS is just doing his job grabbing viewers.

But, if Lebron wanted to compete with the Warriors immediately, is there really a better team in the NBA for him to try to join?  If Cleveland would go for a Hayward trade (a player they've been linked to in the past), you've got a team that has five stellar options in the starting lineup, plus a deep bench.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

But, if Lebron wanted to compete with the Warriors immediately, is there really a better team in the NBA for him to try to join?  If Cleveland would go for a Hayward trade (a player they've been linked to in the past), you've got a team that has five stellar options in the starting lineup, plus a deep bench.

You trade Hayward (in this situation), say goodbye to CBS

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You trade Hayward, say goodbye to CBS

I doubt that very much.  Stevens is loyal to the Celtics, not Hayward.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Disagree

He has a history with Hayward

He put in extra im sure to entice him to join

Then trade Hayward (to Cleveland of all places) bc of Lebron?

Lol

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2018, 04:22:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Disagree

He has a history with Hayward

He put in extra im sure to entice him to join

Then trade Hayward (to Cleveland of all places) bc of Lebron?

Lol

Sure he's got a history with Hayward.

He's got a history with all kinds of players.  He has yet to resign from the Celtics because of Danny's decision to trade / cut ties with any of them.

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Would Cleveland accept a trade of James Johnson + Dion Waiters + Justice Winslow for Lebron opted into his player option next year?

Then Miami starts Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Lebron, and Whiteside?  With Wade (resigned) and Olynyk playing the key roles off the bench.  Not bad, maybe better than what he has now, but not blowing me away.

Can Miami do any better than that?  I don't imagine that's Lebron's best situation out of all of his options.  Miami doesn't have a 2018 or 2021 first round pick to continue growing their future talent pool with nor even a second round pick until 2022, although they could buy a few.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Would Cleveland accept a trade of James Johnson + Dion Waiters + Justice Winslow for Lebron opted into his player option next year?

Then Miami starts Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Lebron, and Whiteside?  With Wade (resigned) and Olynyk playing the key roles off the bench.  Not bad, maybe better than what he has now, but not blowing me away.

Can Miami do any better than that?  I don't imagine that's Lebron's best situation out of all of his options.  Miami doesn't have a 2018 or 2021 first round pick to continue growing their future talent pool with nor even a second round pick until 2022, although they could buy a few.

Miami is always a dark horse. Always.

Bam looks like a good piece. Winslow is still a young asset. Maybe someone out there likes Whiteside (I don't). Johnson, Richardson, Dragic, and Olynyk are good role players. They have the contracts and the pieces to make it happen.

If they were somehow able to trade for Leonard and James, while keeping Bam, Dragic, Waiters, Johnson, and Olynyk, that would be a really good team.

I don't think they have the ability to make it happen yet, but they are always a dark horse.

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
BARF.

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it was something to stir the pot, however, I was just remarking that no national stories were outside of Boston.   It happened soon after, and I know it had nothing to do with it but wow.

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You trade Hayward (in this situation), say goodbye to CBS

So CBS would turn down his dream job, and one of the best positions to be in, simply because one of his favorite players got traded? You don't think Stevens felt some modicum of empathy and emotion with Isaiah Thomas, when he got traded too?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Never going to happen him coming to Boston.

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I really don’t think they would.  Cleveland is set to be a repeater tax team next year if LeBron stays — and fairly far above the tax line.  If they take back $20+ million in salaries from a LeBron trade, they’ll be into the tax by a decent amount.  There’s no way they sign up for that without LeBron.  Meanwhile, Miami has a lot of contracts that aren’t going to be dumpable since there are multiple years left on them, and cap space is very scarce next season.  Miami would have to give Cleveland a lot of compensation to be willing to take on those contracts.

I know LeBron could try to power play and say he’ll just sign somewhere as a free agent if Cleveland doesn’t agree to the Miami deal, but I think the Cavs might find that preferable to what Miami can offer.

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm giving them Horford and Rozier!

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2018, 06:03:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Four entertainment industry sources claims that Lebron + PG13 will join the Lakers

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Four entertainment industry sources claims that Lebron + PG13 will join the Lakers

I never understood the “Lebron needs to be in LA to be in the entertainment industry”.

In today’s world you can be connected anywhere at any time.