Author Topic: FA Salary Predictions  (Read 1075 times)

FA Salary Predictions
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I thought it would be fun to see what players in the league are going to get paid next year:

See if you can guess the over under on thir contracts.   Length and money.....The max group will be easy...But the rest will be tuff.     TP to anyone that  nails a couple....

MAX Targets:

Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Kyle Lowry
Blake G
Jeff Teague
George Hill
Jrue Holiday
Gordon Hayward
Otto Porter (Restricted)
Kevin Durant
Paul Millsap

Near Max/Wild Card

Serge Ibaka
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Restricted)
Danilo Gallinar
JaMychal Green (Restricted)
James Johnson
Tim Hardaway, Jr. (Restricted)
J.J. Redick
Dion Waiters
KO
Rudy Gay
Andre Iguodala
Andre Roberson (Restricted)
Tyreke Evans
Joe Ingles (Restricted)
P.J. Tucker
Zach Randolph

Diggles

Re: FA Salary Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
My prediction is both Curry and Durant take less than max deals, and as much as this will outrage some people, my hope is that it actually turns out be good for the C's.

My hope here is it might be easier to convince Hayward or Griffin to sign in Boston for slightly less than the max this year, or next year maybe it helps Thomas or George agree to re-sign for less than the max to build our own super team to compete with GS.

If Golden State's 3 best players have all agreed to sign for less than max deals (Draymond agreed to a slightly less than max deal in 2015), maybe it will become in vogue and the C's can convince other stars to do the same in Boston.

Ah, it's such a nice dream.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:14:12 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
You really want to embarrass people like this after Evan Turner got $1B/year last offseason?

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The big disconnect is that there were only 29 NBA contracts over $20M this year, which is just less than one per team on average, but there were still 18 teams over the cap of $94,143,000 and three paying luxury tax.

This year, it looks like the carnage will begin.