Author Topic: Celtics (11-2) at Clippers (9-5) Game #14 11/20/19  (Read 46516 times)

Re: Celtics (11-2) at Clippers (9-5) Game #14 11/20/19
« Reply #645 on: November 21, 2019, 10:08:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Just adding one more thing:

That had a playoff atmosphere and Kemba choked hard. That said, I hope he gets all his choking done now instead of in the actual playoffs as opposed to the other way around (like the guy who used to wear Kanter’s jersey).

This team is missing a veteran presence like Al Horford. I'm concerned they won't last long in the playoffs due to being a young squad with no experienced vets.

???

What about Kemba, Smart, Hayward, Theis and Kanter? Those guys are all experienced vets.

« Reply #646 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:27 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Encourage everyone to listen to Bill Simmons' most recent podcast.  He talks the first 25 minutes about being at the Celtic-Clipper game.  Fascinating stuff.

Also Zach Lowe podcast interview with Doris Burke.   Great respect for her. Highly articulate, sensitive, and observant about the NBA, and gives a lot of love to the Celtics, talked alot about the Clips game. 

« Reply #647 on: November 22, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

That had a playoff atmosphere and Kemba choked hard. That said, I hope he gets all his choking done now instead of in the actual playoffs as opposed to the other way around (like the guy who used to wear Kanter’s jersey).

I don't think its a joke job. I do think Walker can be defended by taller, quick players. This is why we need Hayward to stir the offense so Walker can get his looks off him.

Kemba is too talented to be shut down like this, especially when surrounded by guys like Tatum and Brown. The Clips were ready for him and Kemba looked helpless most of the game (defensive lapses aside where he made them pay)

Kinda like how Kyrie was gameplanned for by the Bucks and Kyrie (and the team) just couldn’t or wouldn’t adjust.

- LilRip

« Reply #648 on: November 22, 2019, 11:50:55 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

This team is missing a veteran presence like Al Horford. I'm concerned they won't last long in the playoffs due to being a young squad with no experienced vets.

???

What about Kemba, Smart, Hayward, Theis and Kanter? Those guys are all experienced vets.

Not to mention Brown and Tatum have had three and two deep-ish playoff runs respectively.

« Reply #649 on: November 22, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

???

Not to mention Brown and Tatum have had three and two deep-ish playoff runs respectively.

Veteran leadership is not a gap on this team. Inconsistency of our bench is our biggest gap right now in my opinion.

« Reply #650 on: November 22, 2019, 12:01:17 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

???

Veteran leadership is not a gap on this team. Inconsistency of our bench is our biggest gap right now in my opinion.
There is no way to add talent to our bench with our salary structure. As much as our top 5 players cost, any team in our situation is going to have to rely on draftees and vets making low salaries.

Our bench  hasn't been that terrible. They were a big positive in LA the other night. Our problems the last few games stem mainly from Smart and Kemba shooting terrible from 3.

« Reply #651 on: November 22, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am still pained by that loss and icing of Tatum in the 4th after he was unstoppable in the 3rd. We are very close to being very good come playoff time.