Author Topic: Woj update on Sportscenter.  (Read 9189 times)

Re: Woj update on Sportscenter.
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 11:18:14 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about the 3 picks + yabu + timelord + semi for Myles turner?
I think Indiana are not in love with him so they would be willing to listen. They also have Sabonis

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 11:20:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think Indiana are not in love with him so they would be willing to listen. They also have Sabonis
This trade smells of not being salary cap viable. Turner earns $18m or so
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Smart + Yabu + #14 + #22 for Turner

You now have;

Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Turner

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 11:27:44 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
If the trade is executed in August then :
Celtics outgoing salary is a little more than $13M.
Celtics incoming salary is $18M . We are under the luxury tax so we can get up to 50% more than outgoing salary limited to $5M. It works

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 11:29:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I like Turner, but I like Smart more.  I can't see the Pacers giving Turner up for the 3 picks and our 3rd stringers....but I didn't know that Indiana wasn't happy with him either, so who knows.

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2019, 11:44:17 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
I like Turner, but I like Smart more.  I can't see the Pacers giving Turner up for the 3 picks and our 3rd stringers....but I didn't know that Indiana wasn't happy with him either, so who knows.
I think they like him but are not in love with him.
Similar to Toronto and DeRozan

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I love the Celtics more and I know Turner would improve the team more than Smart at its current state. We already have plenty of good wings we have a major flaw at the Center position. It’s crazy to not see how smart is the obvious choice to be traded in order to make that upgrade. If we don’t fill that Center position I just can’t see how we could better our team at all. If Ainge doesn’t find a “long term” solution this offseason we are headed to mediocrity.

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Turner can be had for our lowly picks and third stringers, then get this done immediately.

More realistically you are looking at sending out Smart or Brown and picks. Turner is a really good player and would be a cornerstone of our team moving forward if we got him.

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 11:59:25 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

If Turner can be had for our lowly picks and third stringers, then get this done immediately.

More realistically you are looking at sending out Smart or Brown and picks. Turner is a really good player and would be a cornerstone of our team moving forward if we got him.

Truth be told I’d offer Smart, Williams, 14th 20th, And 22nd. For Turner + 18.

The Celtics will have Sg,SF, and Center position locked down for years to come.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
My preferences are for Yabu to be elsewhere. I have no problem packaging him and a pick for someone on the late part of their rookie deal that still can grow but can contribute some now. Yabu is useless.

In that scenario, I have no problem bringing in 2 rookies for roster slots 14 and 15. But if Yabu remains, I only want one rookie on the team. Those last three slots should be for players you don't expect to contribute so best use it on players to develop that you can have regularly in Maine.

I think Williams is one of those players so the other two can be two rookies or Yabu and one rookie. I in no way want to see Yabu, Williams and 3 rookies, plus a couple of two way players on this team next year.
If you're planning on being a competitive team, your reserves can't be young guys who might give you a decent effort one night and nothing the next two.  You need veteran role players with skills you can rely on who accept their role and perform it consistently.   Too many guys on that bench right now are just taking up space - Yabu being one of them.  Wasted pick.

But IS Danny planning on being competitive this season? That might depend on one's definition of "competitive," but I can't see this team (as currently constructed) being more than a 45-win team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 12:01:31 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I think Danny values Smart a lot more than most fans, and it would take a real difference maker to pry him away from the Celtics.

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 12:02:43 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
My preferences are for Yabu to be elsewhere. I have no problem packaging him and a pick for someone on the late part of their rookie deal that still can grow but can contribute some now. Yabu is useless.

In that scenario, I have no problem bringing in 2 rookies for roster slots 14 and 15. But if Yabu remains, I only want one rookie on the team. Those last three slots should be for players you don't expect to contribute so best use it on players to develop that you can have regularly in Maine.

I think Williams is one of those players so the other two can be two rookies or Yabu and one rookie. I in no way want to see Yabu, Williams and 3 rookies, plus a couple of two way players on this team next year.
If you're planning on being a competitive team, your reserves can't be young guys who might give you a decent effort one night and nothing the next two.  You need veteran role players with skills you can rely on who accept their role and perform it consistently.   Too many guys on that bench right now are just taking up space - Yabu being one of them.  Wasted pick.

But IS Danny planning on being competitive this season? That might depend on one's definition of "competitive," but I can't see this team (as currently constructed) being more than a 45-win team.
A less talented team than the one we will put on the court this fall beat Philly & Milwaukee in the playoffs last year, assuming Horford stays. 

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 12:06:48 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I love the Celtics more and I know Turner would improve the team more than Smart at its current state. We already have plenty of good wings we have a major flaw at the Center position. It’s crazy to not see how smart is the obvious choice to be traded in order to make that upgrade. If we don’t fill that Center position I just can’t see how we could better our team at all. If Ainge doesn’t find a “long term” solution this offseason we are headed to mediocrity.

Those are a whole lot of opinions that you are describing as facts.

I like Myles Turner, he is a good developing young player.  But he has the tendency to just disappear a lot.  That is pretty much what he did against us in the 4 playoff games this year.  He averaged 9.8 points / 6.3 rebounds / 1.8 block in 32 min / game against us in the playoffs.  If our bigs are so bad, then why wasn't he dominating Horford and Baynes?  Those don't seem like numbers that are a 'long term solution to mediocrity'.  Everyone can have a bad playoff series, it doesn't mean he isn't a good player, but maybe you can see how someone might have a different opinion.

If we can get him for our 3 picks in this draft and our 3rd stringers absolutely.   I don't see that happening.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 12:15:18 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think Danny values Smart a lot more than most fans, and it would take a real difference maker to pry him away from the Celtics.

Yes. And his contract was seen by some as bad when he signed it, but there's no way you can't view it as anything but a bargain now.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 12:15:22 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Those are a whole lot of opinions that you are describing as facts.

I like Myles Turner, he is a good developing young player.  But he has the tendency to just disappear a lot.  That is pretty much what he did against us in the 4 playoff games this year.  He averaged 9.8 points / 6.3 rebounds / 1.8 block in 32 min / game against us in the playoffs.  If our bigs are so bad, then why wasn't he dominating Horford and Baynes?  Those don't seem like numbers that are a 'long term solution to mediocrity'.  Everyone can have a bad playoff series, it doesn't mean he isn't a good player, but maybe you can see how someone might have a different opinion.

If we can get him for our 3 picks in this draft and our 3rd stringers absolutely.   I don't see that happening.

Sheesh where to begin?

I didn’t say that our bigs were bad, I labeled our Center position as a flaw, there is a difference. Baynes and Horford are good Defenders so of course Turner isn’t going to dominate them right now he’s still learning for one and he also isn’t built to be a “main guy”’type of player.

The main point is out of al the positions which position needs the most improvement? Even if Kyrie came back which position still needs the most improvement? It’s not rocket science how in pointing out our Center posting is flawed it’s obviously our oldest position and the position where teams in the east have begun to exploit. Myles has DOPY potential and trading Smart for him would be a wise choice.