Author Topic: Danny : "I'm excited"  (Read 17539 times)

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

People ignore it because building through the draft makes no sense when you're the #2 seed in the conference.

I'm just telling you what they're going to do. I would recommend listening to Wyc's interviews. He literally said he thinks they can win a championship with this team. He said there may be a chance they don't need a superstar to win...Ainge and the front office have been pretty transparent.

You aren't going to win a championship with this team.  I haven't heard Wyc say this is a Championship level team.  Please provide a link.  Nobody else in the league believes that either.  I have even heard Ainge say this team has faults.  You don't have the rebounding or rim protection to win it all. 

If you look at signing someone this summer (then you say goodbye to KO and maybe others).  Then if we get lucky and get the #1 pick and choose a PG I agree with Woj, IT will have issues with it, especially going into his contract year.  Both of the players you stashed this year form the draft want to come over next year.  Also, looking forward after next year you will lose either Bradley or IT because both are FA and both will want big contracts and someone will pay them.  You can't sign everyone.       

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

People ignore it because building through the draft makes no sense when you're the #2 seed in the conference.

I'm just telling you what they're going to do. I would recommend listening to Wyc's interviews. He literally said he thinks they can win a championship with this team. He said there may be a chance they don't need a superstar to win...Ainge and the front office have been pretty transparent.

We as fans better hope they don't believe that, because if they do, then this team has bigger problems than we realize.  You don't need a superstar to win?  Get out of here with that.  There's one team, literally one, in the last 50 years that you can definitively say "that team didn't have a true superstar" and they still won the title...and that was the 2004 Pistons.  So essentially, if you want to just build a team based on depth and not having true superstar talent, that gives you about a 5% chance of winning a championship.

I really hope Ainge and Wyc don't believe that.

In the interview last week, Wyc used the Piston's team as a comp, hahah. I wasn't exactly thrilled to hear it too, but was pretty confident nothing would happen during the deadline after hearing it.

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
DANNY SUX!!

that's why we're an 8th seed team with no assets!

there's nowhere to go! we're officially on the treadmill

Exactly, TP. I'm a bit disappointed about Tucker, because he was so cheap, but I'm relieved. I'm hopeful we'll land Terrence Jones or Bogut after buyouts.
TP back at ya

i didnt realy want a trade. even a small one

buyouts happen. we could be fortunate on that front. if not, no big deal. we aint winnin' this year without a great deal of luck

i'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this team
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC

You aren't going to win a championship with this team.  I haven't heard Wyc say this is a Championship level team.  Please provide a link.  Nobody else in the league believes that either.  I have even heard Ainge say this team has faults.  You don't have the rebounding or rim protection to win it all. 

If you look at signing someone this summer (then you say goodbye to KO and maybe others).  Then if we get lucky and get the #1 pick and choose a PG I agree with Woj, IT will have issues with it, especially going into his contract year.  Both of the players you stashed this year form the draft want to come over next year.  Also, looking forward after next year you will lose either Bradley or IT because both are FA and both will want big contracts and someone will pay them.  You can't sign everyone.     

They can let Bradley walk right out of the door and let Fultz take his spot. I hope Danny does not waste a big deal on Bradley. Resign Thomas

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Jay King: Ainge said he expects some of the talks will resume this summer. 31 mins ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

Marc D’Amico: Ainge: “We won’t put a ceiling on this team, but we haven’t seen the best of this team. Our whole team hasn’t been in tact for many games.” 7 mins ago – via Twitter celtics

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jay King: Ainge said he expects some of the talks will resume this summer. 31 mins ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

Marc D’Amico: Ainge: “We won’t put a ceiling on this team, but we haven’t seen the best of this team. Our whole team hasn’t been in tact for many games.” 7 mins ago – via Twitter celtics

And that is the problem. Not guarentee Bradley comes back healthy any time soon. Last 2 seasons he cannot be counted on

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Watching the Danny haters hate is going to be awesome.  Keep it coming.

he could have made a minor move.. atleast admit that..

I have no problem with rationally criticizing DA for not acquiring Tucker or Cousins.  It's the hysteria that I find ridiculous and so entertaining. We

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

This may be the most accurate statement on this board in months.

Ainge quit on this team.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

None whatsoever.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Yeah I'm not providing you a link. Go google it. It was on Felger and Mazz last week. Listen and weep. Literally said he thinks there is a chance we can without a superstar.

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

None whatsoever.

It's called best of both worlds.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Let's see how excited we all are when Raptors crush us tomorrow!

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Excited to know he can get a ton for IT when he trades him and his emoj eyes on draft night.

Time to embrace the "Development".

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2017, 04:42:50 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

And that is the problem. Not guarentee Bradley comes back healthy any time soon. Last 2 seasons he cannot be counted on

Bingo... Avery and Crowder for that matter were both inured in playoffs last year.. so what happens this year? if avery can't play come playoffs you let him walk..

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2017, 04:43:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Let's see how excited we all are when Raptors crush us tomorrow!

Dont be like that

Go Celts!