Author Topic: Danny : "I'm excited"  (Read 17541 times)

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

Remember what happened to the Nets after the PP, KG trade?(and how rich the Celts became years after)

Must avoid at all cost

Adding a 26 year old superstar while keeping the 2017 Nets pick wouldn't have exactly drained the cupboard.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

People ignore it because building through the draft makes no sense when you're the #2 seed in the conference.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
1 Markelle Fultz and 1 Gordon Hayward please. Unless Blake Griffin becomes available this off season I'm fine making the pick and hopefully developing (IMO) the next Harden.

Really glad we didn't reach for Jimmy Butler. Paul George would have been great and I would've advocated selling the farm for him if he had intentions to re-sign in Boston.  No worries over here Let's run this team into a deep playoff run.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

Remember what happened to the Nets after the PP, KG trade?(and how rich the Celts became years after)

Must avoid at all cost

Adding a 26 year old superstar while keeping the 2017 Nets pick wouldn't have exactly drained the cupboard.

Don't forget the 2 kids overseas.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Watching the Danny haters hate is going to be awesome.  Keep it coming.

he could have made a minor move.. atleast admit that..

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think tomorrow's game is quite important. Yes it is regular season..but coming out and getting the crap kicked out of you by a rival would not be a good look

and we all know that this is the regular season, so if we lose tomorrow, there's a good chance we'll get smoked in the playoffs.

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:10 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Then why in god's name did we sign Horford? Makes no sense

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Agree about the building through the draft...but that is dangerous if guys don't hit...several of Danny's picks were busts (Sully, Melo, Giddens, Walker, Pruitt, James Young, JaWaun Johnson)...

Smart was a good pick...Jury still out on J. Brown.

Don't ever seeing PG coming to Boston as a FA

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
1 Markelle Fultz and 1 Gordon Hayward please. Unless Blake Griffin becomes available this off season I'm fine making the pick and hopefully developing (IMO) the next Harden.

Really glad we didn't reach for Jimmy Butler. Paul George would have been great and I would've advocated selling the farm for him if he had intentions to re-sign in Boston.  No worries over here Let's run this team into a deep playoff run.
Deep playoff run? Incase you didnt see raptors and wizards improved, raptors especially. Ainge got blue balls and was outplayed by masai

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

This!

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think tomorrow's game is quite important. Yes it is regular season..but coming out and getting the crap kicked out of you by a rival would not be a good look

and we all know that this is the regular season, so if we lose tomorrow, there's a good chance we'll get smoked in the playoffs.

Do you think Boston can beat the Raptors in a 7 game series? I don't

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Deep playoff run? Incase you didnt see raptors and wizards improved, raptors especially. Ainge got blue balls and was outplayed by masai

sure i get t he frustration with the big man trades but honestly I think Ainge was more focus on getting a 2nd go-to star with IT, in Butler and George

the ask is either too much or the players couldn't commit to re-signing with the Celtics. If that was the case, I am glad Danny didn't do any deals to grab those stars

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Let's say they draft Fultz...who at guard goes?

You have a huge glut at that position...

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

This!

Untrue we can use that max cap space by trade and absorbing a max contract while not having to send salary back, just picks.