Author Topic: Hypothetically could we see 4 Celtics All-Stars?  (Read 6024 times)

Re: Hypothetically could we see 4 Celtics All-Stars?
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't see much all-star play so far. Kemba maybe, but his inefficiency so far puts him in questionable, he'll get bonus points for our record and culture and good story.

Hayward, he has the stats to back it up, but will the games missed from now until then warrant it? Maybe, in the scheme of things not many games missed I would think, but will he return playing at this level?

The rest, I don't see anyone coming close to all-star play so far.

Of course, we've seen some really questionable choices in the past anyways and I don't care to see anyone in the all-star roster who isn't actually playing like an all-star.

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 11:01:34 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
When it comes to the All star, Celtics have a problem. There are 4 guys that share the stats. There is nobody dominating that much over the others.

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No, but 3 is not entirely out of the question.  I would expect that only if the Celts are the #1 seed at that point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2019, 12:14:55 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I don't see much all-star play so far. Kemba maybe, but his inefficiency so far puts him in questionable, he'll get bonus points for our record and culture and good story.
Kemba Walker is in the the upper half of 20 PPG players in scoring efficiency. Ahead of players like Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid.

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
This is probably considering Hayward’s injury. Although, if Marcus keeps it up it may not be out of the question.

Realistically, in order for us to get 3/4 all stars we would need to keep up the winning pace we are on and Jaylen (because people love to underestimate him) would need to get up to around 22/23 it’s a game.

Other than that, I think it’s a real possibility to see Kemba and Jayson.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I dont' think there's any question that if Kemba keeps playing as he has been, he will be an All-Star.

I would expect that one of Tatum / Brown / Hayward will get in if the Celts continue to win a lot of games and they all are scoring around 20 ppg with good defense / solid efficiency.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kemba Walker is in the the upper half of 20 PPG players in scoring efficiency. Ahead of players like Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid.

Yeah, Walker was an all-star each of the last three years. This year, his TS% is the highest of his career.

If Walker stays healthy. He is an all-star.