Author Topic: I want him back =(  (Read 2820 times)

I want him back =(
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
If we have to let Smart walk and we need to fill that 6th man guard role, I hope we pick up Rondo. His comments last night referring to Boston as home and all of the we's he used like he's still part of Boston really hit home for me. He'd be a perfect 6th man here to compliment our stars and would give the bench a reliable facilitator.

Re: I want him back =(
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If only he’d played like he wanted to remain a member of the Celtics.

I loved championship Rondo. I hated lazy pending free agent Rondo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:49 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I came here prepared to help with dating advice.

I'm disappointed.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If we have to let Smart walk and we need to fill that 6th man guard role, I hope we pick up Rondo. His comments last night referring to Boston as home and all of the we's he used like he's still part of Boston really hit home for me. He'd be a perfect 6th man here to compliment our stars and would give the bench a reliable facilitator.

Pass...been there, done that.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

I think if everything went perfectly i.e; Rondo would accept the veterans minimum, Rondo would play AND accept a 6th man role, Rondo would play his minutes at the excitement he played in several post season runs, Rondo buys into Steven's system, and Rondo understands it's Kyrie and Al's team over his, then we'd be crazyo to not want Rondo. The problem comes with having to fulfill those 'if' statements. I doubt Rondo can do all of that

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:10:34 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Rondo is a quirky dude. He plays well on teams that have a chance, and checks out when the team stinks.

As long as the Celtics are relevant, I would take him. Once we're back to being mediocre/worse, Rondo is useless.

The Celtics are in first place in the east. He would be a useful player for this team.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Rondo is a quirky dude. He plays well on teams that have a chance, and checks out when the team stinks.

As long as the Celtics are relevant, I would take him. Once we're back to being mediocre/worse, Rondo is useless.

The Celtics are in first place in the east. He would be a useful player for this team.
He's just channeling his inner LeBron.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I can't tell you how much my consistent enjoyment of watching, following, and talking about the Celts has increased since Rondo left.

There are some complicating factors there, but I really don't miss the Rondo era.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I can't tell you how much my consistent enjoyment of watching, following, and talking about the Celts has increased since Rondo left.

There are some complicating factors there, but I really don't miss the Rondo era.

I don't remember the Rondo era as bad. I remember him winning us games with KG, Pierce, and Ray in the playoffs and eventually beating the Lakers for a championship. I remember him as the best player on the court at various times, even though there were other really good players on the court.

I choose to remember this over the time that he spent playing by himself. Was he a punk at the end? Yes. Were the Celtics going to win? Nope.

Danny should have traded him earlier once operation turnover was in full effect.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:46:16 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I thought for sure this would be about Big Baby Davis. 

I contacted his people and he said he was open to coming back, but only under any circumstances.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

I think if everything went perfectly i.e; Rondo would accept the veterans minimum, Rondo would play AND accept a 6th man role, Rondo would play his minutes at the excitement he played in several post season runs, Rondo buys into Steven's system, and Rondo understands it's Kyrie and Al's team over his, then we'd be crazyo to not want Rondo. The problem comes with having to fulfill those 'if' statements. I doubt Rondo can do all of that
TP, I agree. I would definitely bring Rondo back if he could live with the abovementioned criteria. However, I doubt his pride would let him accept being a backup point guard.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

When he wasnt motivated and instead just chased assists he was really miserable to watch.

When he cared it was must see TV.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i'd be on board. ideal backup pg assuming he's up for it. thats a big if though.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
JUST SAY

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Never again.