Author Topic: Summer 2018 verified moves  (Read 83299 times)

Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Any one have a link with what teams have for cap space and MLE, room, biannual, etc. left?

I'm curious if there are going to be any Smart suitors.

No links, just keeping track of it in my head.  Just posted this in the Tyreke thread:

Congrats Tyreke.  There are now only four teams with cap room greater than the mid-level: Atlanta, Chicago, Philly, and Sacramento.

Seems like Parker and Lavine are getting offers from two of those teams. Seems like at least one (if not two) are going to be cap relief teams that trade for bad contracts and draft assets (Denver, OKC).

« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Any one have a link with what teams have for cap space and MLE, room, biannual, etc. left?

No links, just keeping track of it in my head.  Just posted this in the Tyreke thread:

Congrats Tyreke.  There are now only four teams with cap room greater than the mid-level: Atlanta, Chicago, Philly, and Sacramento.

Seems like Parker and Lavine are getting offers from two of those teams. Seems like at least one (if not two) are going to be cap relief teams that trade for bad contracts and draft assets (Denver, OKC).

The funny thing about OKC is that there very well might not be a team with enough room they could dump Carmelo to (if he agreed to waive his no-trade clause).

« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sixers trading for Wilson Chandler, says Woj and others:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1014242118116798464

No word yet on what Philly sent out but looks like a salary dump by Denver who is way over the tax line. Very nice pickup for the Sixers.

UPDATE: Sixers got a 2021 2nd and 2022 2nd round swap rights for taking on Chandler's deal, and sent out "minimal cash considerations". Basically got paid to take him. 

« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2018, 04:24:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

No word yet on what Philly sent out but looks like a salary dump by Denver who is way over the tax line. Very nice pickup for the Sixers.

TP!

The 76ers are acquiring Wilson Chandler, a 2021 second round pick and the rights to swap 2022 second round picks with the Nuggets for minimal cash considerations, per source.

https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1014242825075150848?s=21

« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Still don't get the Jeff Green signing... I mean someone has to be on the move, and it's pretty crazy that DMC of all places, didn't even want to go to the Wizards to play with his homeboi John Wall.

seems like they didn't want him rather than DMC didn't want to go there...

That isn't true. They have been linked to Cousins for years now.

The Washington Wizards have interest in DeMarcus Cousins in a sign-and-trade.

Cousins has long been linked to his former Kentucky teammate John Wall.

Sources, however, say the odds are long that a deal will actually be worked.

Alex Len is a more realistic target for the Wizards at center.

Cousins could be down to the Los Angeles Lakers and New Orleans Pelicans for his free agency market.

Cousins, one of the top big men on the market, received interest from several teams — including the New Orleans Pelican, Dallas Mavericks and Washington Wizards. Cousins entered free agency after suffering a torn Achilles tendon in late January. A four-time All-Star, Cousins was expected to land a maximum contract on the open market before the injury. 19 hours ago – via Yahoo! Sports
I'm not sure you're aware how severe the injury cousins had. Only warriors made an offer

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

• Paul Silas

The funny thing about OKC is that there very well might not be a team with enough room they could dump Carmelo to (if he agreed to waive his no-trade clause).

And now there are 3 with cap space. Technically, Chicago could clear enough space for Melo if they rescinded all their qualifying offers.

« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2018, 04:34:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

UPDATE: Sixers got a 2021 2nd and 2022 2nd round swap rights for taking on Chandler's deal, and sent out "minimal cash considerations". Basically got paid to take him.

Only three teams with cap space now.  Restricted free agents have definitely gotten the short end of the stick this year.  Aaron Gordon is about the only winner.

« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Denver saves ~50M in salary and luxury tax with this move.  Nice move by Denver.  The Sixers don't need more 2nd round picks so I guess they preferred Chandler versus trying to sign Ellington.  Not sure if I do but at least it doesn't impact their cap space for next offseason.  Chandler is immediately tradable.  Sixers are down to their room exception which I assume they'll use on a backup center. 

« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2018, 04:49:02 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Only three teams with cap space now.  Restricted free agents have definitely gotten the short end of the stick this year.  Aaron Gordon is about the only winner.
Houston already lost Ariza.  It'll be interesting what gets done with Capella.  They can't afford to low ball him and have him take his QO.  Smart's market is apparently even worse than I expected.  I thought there was a good chance he'd take the QO and that seems likely now. 

Besides the Bulls and the Hawks who is the 3rd team?
Edit:  I'd forgotten about the Kings.   

« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Houston already lost Ariza.  It'll be interesting what gets done with Capella.  They can't afford to low ball him and have him take his QO.  Smart's market is apparently even worse than I expected.  I thought there was a good chance he'd take the QO and that seems likely now. 

Besides the Bulls and the Hawks who is the 3rd team?
Edit:  I'd forgotten about the Kings.   

The Bulls still have Zach Lavine to worry about. I don't think Atlanta will get involved, they seem committed to keeping their books light while they rebuild (see: Tim Hardaway Jr. last offseason). But let's not tempt the Kangz.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2018, 04:57:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

ATL and CHI want to use their cap to facilitate deals and SAC wants a SF according to their hometown beat writer. They were looking at Parker supposedly, but moved on because of "fit", and they have a backcourt duo already.

« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2018, 05:27:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Jeff Green to The Wizards. You know if we play them in the playoffs next year Uncle Jeff will go off in at least one game.

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »

• Paul Silas
Weiss: Howard has been bought out and will join the Wizards on a MLE

https://bleacherreport.com/live-blogs/nba-free-agency-2018-7-3

« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Follow Follow @wojespn
More
Utah Jazz restricted free agent Dante Exum has agreed to a three-year, $33M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2018, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Follow Follow @wojespn
More
Utah Jazz restricted free agent Dante Exum has agreed to a three-year, $33M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.

How much of an impact do you think this has on Smart’s negotiations now? Extension vs free agency, but sill the guy who was picked 1 spot ahead of him.

I think Smart could be leaning toward the QO