Author Topic: Rockets (37-37) at Celtics (47-27) 4/2  (Read 78578 times)

Re: Rockets (37-37) at Celtics (47-27) 4/2
« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2010, 09:59:39 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Another chance to tie it up with Atlanta gone. Looks more and more like we'll get Cleveland in the second round.

more concerned with the bucks in round one. that is going to be a very tough series

If the standings remain the same, Milwaukee will end up with the #6 seed so we won't face them in the first round (Atlanta will). There is a good chance they will be #6 since their schedule is tough (while Miami's is easy) and we play them twice so if we beat them twice and stay at #4 we won't face them.

« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I live about 30 miles outside of Charlotte.  I have been fearing for a while that we would be matched up with the Bobcats and we really might.  I still remember Alonzo Mourning hitting that shot to beat us many moons ago.  It still makes me sick.  That being said, Mourning turned out to be a really classy guy.  I don't think that I could take seeing a convicted felon, Stevie Jackson, hit a series winner against us. 

And please do NOT bring up the regular season.  I know that we beat them by an avg. of 25 points.  That was then and this is NOW.  They simply are likely to NOW beat us in a series.  They can easily move up to the #5 seed, as it is so tight between the 5 and 7 slots.  We seem almost cemented into the 4th seed.  Cement might be an ironic choice of words here.  It is as if we are playing with concrete ankle weights on of late.

I think our ONLY chance of getting out of the first round is playing the Heat.  And I do NOT think we will beat them.

Smitty77

« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why in the sweet name of heaven did we not foul Brooks before he took that three? When there's less than 24 secs on the clock and you're up by three points, you intentionally FOUL your opponent! You do NOT give a great three-point team a chance to tie the game up!

Send them to the line, and if they make both, you're still up by one point with possession of the ball. This (lack of a) decision has bitten us in the butt more than once this year, and it's such a no-brainer ... I just don't get it. This one's on Doc, cuz we had this in the bag until that happened.  :P

Shoudn't have even come to that, Finley should have made his free-throw, but I agree we should have fouled.  Just like in the Bulls series last year when we didn't foul and Gordon hit that three.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2010, 12:17:41 PM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
i just noticed something. the Celtics went to Texas this year and swept all 3 teams, but the 3 teams come here and sweep us. 

« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
There are two things about data: you gotta have it,and you got to know how to use it.

To get the real state of the Celtics, focus on data from game against playoff (or .500+ teams only, or on data excluding the first 30 games of the season.
Have to agree with this. And I would add that n the NBA the best teams can execute their offense and get stops against good teams at crunch time.  That usually separates the men from the boys. It's very easy to look good when teams aren't giving their best effort to defend you.

« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Another chance to tie it up with Atlanta gone. Looks more and more like we'll get Cleveland in the second round.

more concerned with the bucks in round one. that is going to be a very tough series

If the standings remain the same, Milwaukee will end up with the #6 seed so we won't face them in the first round (Atlanta will). There is a good chance they will be #6 since their schedule is tough (while Miami's is easy) and we play them twice so if we beat them twice and stay at #4 we won't face them.

this is true but boston has 2 more games with the bucks and can really slam the door on them if they would beat the Cs...i dont want anything to do with the bucks come playoff time.

« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I got home late from a Halo 3 tournament, and I gotta say I think i'm glad I missed this game.

Can anyone fill me in on the highlights, lowlights, though?

« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »

Kiorrik

I got home late from a Halo 3 tournament, and I gotta say I think i'm glad I missed this game.

You nerd you :D

<3

Anyway, highlights: Rondo. Lowlights: kind of the rest.

We just didn't defend well enough imo, but I was asleep half the game, so don't take my word.

« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

<3

We just didn't defend well enough imo, but I was asleep half the game, so don't take my word.

Yea, I'm the biggest closet nerd out there haha. But we won, and made a little money so it was fun.

Sucks the C's lost, though. i might watch the game to see how Rondo looked.

« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »

Kiorrik

<3

Yea, I'm the biggest closet nerd out there haha. But we won, and made a little money so it was fun.

Made money ehy? Nice man :D How far did ya get into the tournament?

« Reply #400 on: April 03, 2010, 03:41:59 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

<3

First in 4v4, should have played in the FFA but didn't. I didn't expect anything at all, one kid on our team hasn't had an Xbox since last July, one doesn't have Xbox Live, our third dude doesn't play much and I've only played like a total of three hours in the last year, but we won.

There were so many kids there taking it so seriously, too. So it was fun to beat all of those kids lol

« Reply #401 on: April 03, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »

Kiorrik

<3

First in 4v4, should have played in the FFA but didn't. I didn't expect anything at all, one kid on our team hasn't had an Xbox since last July, one doesn't have Xbox Live, our third dude doesn't play much and I've only played like a total of three hours in the last year, but we won.

There were so many kids there taking it so seriously, too. So it was fun to beat all of those kids lol
Hahaha, awesome stuff :D Congrats on the win there :D

Ya should've entered into the FFA event though. Used to enroll into Jolt tourneys in UT99, "back in the day" :D Thrilling I tell ya. Adrenaline rushes & all that ;)

« Reply #402 on: April 03, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

<3

Hahaha, awesome stuff :D Congrats on the win there :D

Ya should've entered into the FFA event though. Used to enroll into Jolt tourneys in UT99, "back in the day" :D Thrilling I tell ya. Adrenaline rushes & all that ;)

Unreal Tournament? I used to play that series religiously.

« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »

Kiorrik

Hahaha, right, PM time.

Can you say: "OFF TOPIC"? ;D

But yeh, the Rockets game was so-so ;)