Author Topic: Cavs (60-16) at Celtics (47-28) 4/4  (Read 102279 times)

Re: Cavs (60-16) at Celtics (47-28) 4/4
« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2010, 06:44:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boy...even when the cavs lose...the excuses about LBJ make me want to puke.

? Excuses about?

abc guys said on the lebron 3 for the win that he didn't really even care about the game....they made excuses for james missing all his 3's and a ton of FTs....they continued to give him the benefit of the doubt

Wowwww that's ridiculous. If he didn't care why did try like hell to score and get 30 points in the second half, ABC?

that was my thoughts. they said he pulled up for 3 instead of driving to tie because this game was meaningless..kind of a what the heck mentality...

« Reply #556 on: April 04, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

? Excuses about?

abc guys said on the lebron 3 for the win that he didn't really even care about the game....they made excuses for james missing all his 3's and a ton of FTs....they continued to give him the benefit of the doubt

Wowwww that's ridiculous. If he didn't care why did try like hell to score and get 30 points in the second half, ABC?

that was my thoughts. they said he pulled up for 3 instead of driving to tie because this game was meaningless..kind of a what the heck mentality...

My response to the ABC guys: yeah, it was meaningless.  That's why the Cs let the Cavs back into the game.  We were sort of turning it off... bored... thinking, what the heck let's let them back in since it doesn't matter and all.  Of course, for forms sake, we decided to win it, but again, doesn't matter.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #557 on: April 04, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

? Excuses about?

My response to the ABC guys: yeah, it was meaningless.  That's why the Cs let the Cavs back into the game.  We were sort of turning it off... bored... thinking, what the heck let's let them back in since it doesn't matter and all.  Of course, for forms sake, we decided to win it, but again, doesn't matter.

that is my point...they made that excuse for LBJ and the cavs...but not for the celtics. it was like boston was some crap team that had their entire season riding on this game...but yet for the cavs..it was a preseason game

« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2010, 04:52:00 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

? Excuses about?

that is my point...they made that excuse for LBJ and the cavs...but not for the celtics. it was like boston was some crap team that had their entire season riding on this game...but yet for the cavs..it was a preseason game

From the recap on nba.com:

Whether they like each other or not, this game was still deserving of a few asterisks. Cleveland not having its best interior and pick-and-roll defender in Varejao is one, as the Cavaliers struggled to rotate fluidly into the middle. But more than that, Cleveland had clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference as wasn't playing for anything tangible. The Celtics, however, were floundering.

::)

« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Also, if they didn't care, why not play the entire bench in the 4th?

« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:42 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

? Excuses about?

From the recap on nba.com:

Whether they like each other or not, this game was still deserving of a few asterisks. Cleveland not having its best interior and pick-and-roll defender in Varejao is one, as the Cavaliers struggled to rotate fluidly into the middle. But more than that, Cleveland had clinched the top seed in the Eastern Conference as wasn't playing for anything tangible. The Celtics, however, were floundering.

::)
They are afraid that Kobe Lebron final won't happen this year too. So they are making stupid excuses for them. Stern is dreaming every night about all the hype that such a final would bring. I bet he already has the possible promos running through his head.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
All the excuses made for the Cavs are ridiculous. I remember last year, same date approximately (Easter anyway), the Cavs blew out the C's by 30 points in Cleveland while having already secured HCA through the playoffs and the best record in the league and yet I didn't hear/read anything about the game being "meaningless" and the Cavs being "bored"... ridiculous. ::)

« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
wow, lebron with a head of steam drives and ties the game there 9 times out of 10. instead he pulls up for a foolish three. if we're killing tony for the goaltend got to point out lebron's dumb play.

i know this is a day later, but wow, how much more of a selfish player can you be?  1 on 2 fast break, no one on your team even on that side of the court for a rebound, you KNOW you are going to get a foul call, you have a 20 second timeout, yet, you pull up and take a three to be a hero.  was 0-7 from 3 not enoug to take a hint?  pretty much the douchiest thing i've ever seen.

« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
that nba.com write up is a joke. funny that boston has missed key guys all year yet when they get beat by a team it is a big deal..