Author Topic: Game changing mistakes... do you hold a grudge?  (Read 5121 times)

Re: Game changing mistakes... do you hold a grudge?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
No, I would never hold a grudge against Shelden Williams for possibly playing the worst minute of basketball in NBA history.

Well, we did win that game, so it wasn't exactly a game-changer.

But man, that really was quite the little ballet of incompetence.

Probably the best description of anything I've ever read

I'm definitely stealing that line.

Protip: It's very useful for describing crappy fast-food service.   ;)

Or StartOrien's CB drafting skills.

YOU GOT BEEF YOU BRING IT TO MY FACE LIKE A MAN.

Re-peating this year, btw.

And when I don't, it's cuz all of you guys are h8rs and are MAD jealous.

(ron artest muscle flex)

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I held a grudge on Paul Pierce for letting Wade steal the ball and take the lead with a second left in the playoffs for about a minute before the Rondo alley-oop.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
"Mistakes" that involve letting your attitude get in the way of winning are tough for me to swallow.

I was really disappointed with Pierce for over a year after the antics he pulled against Indiana at the end of Game 6 Doc's first year.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
No, I would never hold a grudge against Shelden Williams for possibly playing the worst minute of basketball in NBA history.

Well, we did win that game, so it wasn't exactly a game-changer.

But man, that really was quite the little ballet of incompetence.

Probably the best description of anything I've ever read

I'm definitely stealing that line.

Protip: It's very useful for describing crappy fast-food service.   ;)

Or StartOrien's CB drafting skills.

YOU GOT BEEF YOU BRING IT TO MY FACE LIKE A MAN.

Re-peating this year, btw.

And when I don't, it's cuz all of you guys are h8rs and are MAD jealous.

(ron artest muscle flex)

Haha...took you long enough to pick up on that.   ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"Mistakes" that involve letting your attitude get in the way of winning are tough for me to swallow.

I was really disappointed with Pierce for over a year after the antics he pulled against Indiana at the end of Game 6 Doc's first year.

The Celtics won that game.  

I never understood the anger over that.  I thought his press conference was hilarious.  If they had lost, then I would understand.  He should have been upset at the loss and not making fun.  But again, they won.

And I remember that game pretty well.  Pierce should not have gotten a tech and thrown out of the game.  They could have easily called an offensive foul instead of a technical, especially since it was a big acting job by Tinsley, Pierce didn't even shove him that hard.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

The Celtics won that game.  

I never understood the anger over that.  I thought his press conference was hilarious.  If they had lost, then I would understand.  He should have been upset at the loss and not making fun.  But again, they won.

And I remember that game pretty well.  Pierce should not have gotten a tech and thrown out of the game.  They could have easily called an offensive foul instead of a technical, especially since it was a big acting job by Tinsley, Pierce didn't even shove him that hard.

I had a response typed out for this the other day then had to hop off the computer and never got to post it.  Today's events reminded me of it (for obvious reasons).

The Celts may have won that game, but Pierce not knowing when to back off took the team from a sure win, to a situation where they had to play an OT with their best player in the locker room. Antoine bailed him out that day.  (remember Perk having to take the free throws for PP).

Today Pierce did the same thing.  It's disappointing.

Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »

Offline Scout200

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
I find it wise to try and not hold grudges in life, especially about things as meaningless as sports.  There will always be another game, another season, another chance, and I don't think it's very healthy to hold onto negative energies about things you have no power to go back and change the outcome of.

Very well said!!!