Author Topic: Zion Williamson is the final piece  (Read 13741 times)

Re: Zion Williamson is the final piece
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Has anyone made the comparison to a young Charles Barkley? That’s who he reminds me of.

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
A sprained ankle will take a toll and who doesn't get those eventually..We had Sully and it seems like Yabusele needs to drop some weight-Semi is unique  physically but suffers from lack of an elite wingspan.
.What does Charles Barkley think?????
Zion is a force against Canadian over matched squads but is absolutely ferocious in transition or slashing..Baynes would need insurance!

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Has anyone made the comparison to a young Charles Barkley? That’s who he reminds me of.
Yup, first page of this thread. Doesn't take long to make that comparison. That's what is so scary about this kid. He has that kind of upside and Barkley was a beast inside at the college level. That was all, besides being a great rebounder. He couldn't really shoot from the outside but he didn't have to. He just overpowered people. He was also the 5th pick overall so there are several similarities between the two.

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:11 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=4SZ79UfAs24

Video on his leaping ability. If he can just be a decent shooter he'll have a lethal game.

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
A sprained ankle will take a toll and who doesn't get those eventually..We had Sully and it seems like Yabusele needs to drop some weight-Semi is unique  physically but suffers from lack of an elite wingspan.
.What does Charles Barkley think?????
Zion is a force against Canadian over matched squads but is absolutely ferocious in transition or slashing..Baynes would need insurance!

I can't find a reference to it now, but I once read that Barkley jumped center when he was at Auburn, and never lost a jump ball.

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Just want to be crystal clear before the start of the regular season and college season I am still 100% banging the Zion Williamson gong. For all the reason mentioned in the OP, Zion Williamson is still the final piece.

I'm pulling a Lavar Ball and 'speak this into existence' with this prospect.

With the second pick in the 2019 NBA Draft The Boston Celtics Zion Williamson of Duke University.

Edit: FWIW Wasserman of Bleacher Report agrees.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799699-2019-nba-mock-draft-way-too-soon-1st-round-draft-predictions

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
There's a lot of interesting prospects that we'll be keeping an eye on due to the Kings pick (and possibly Memphis and LAC). But none have the skill set that this kid has. It's been almost beat to death about his weight, his stamina, his size and he's lack of a current outside shot. But the kid is a beast. He can get off the floor very quickly and very high and he's already a very good rebounder. I'm looking forward to seeing this Duke team. It has 4 prospects worth following. I also like the Langford kid along with the other Porter, Nassir Little and Gafford. There's a Vandy PG worth following as well. And last but not least is Charles Bassey. A really big kid who reclassified, ala Bagley, and has some skills already. Can't wait for the start of the college season as well.

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Just want to be crystal clear before the start of the regular season and college season I am still 100% banging the Zion Williamson gong. For all the reason mentioned in the OP, Zion Williamson is still the final piece.

I'm pulling a Lavar Ball and 'speak this into existence' with this prospect.

With the second pick in the 2019 NBA Draft The Boston Celtics Zion Williamson of Duke University.

Edit: FWIW Wasserman of Bleacher Report agrees.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799699-2019-nba-mock-draft-way-too-soon-1st-round-draft-predictions

TP!  You’ve sold me!  Nice to picture him and Robert Williams duo in a couple years next to Kyrie, Brown, Tatum...hope he shows good IQ at Duke so he can join a vet team like ours and be ready sooner
As opposed to later..