Author Topic: NBA Rookie of the Year Candidates (Jayson Tatum?)  (Read 6870 times)

Re: NBA Rookie of the Year Candidates (Jayson Tatum?)
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 12:34:37 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Lonzo courting a triple doube. 29-10-9 with just over a minute to go vs PHX.

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 12:46:34 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Lonzo ends with 29 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists in 37 minutes and a W. Shot 44-44-50 (1/2).

Easily best performance of the season for any rookie. Good bounce back after Lonzo got bullied by Pat Bev. It'll be hard topping that outing.

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wish the Celtics had a talent like Ball...even performed better than Kyrie Irving the last few games.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 12:56:06 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'm going out on a whim and saying Malik Monk.

That is a very thin limb thus far as Monk had a -7 PER in his first game and a PER of 2 tonight, giving him an average PER of -2.5 thus far.  He is shooting 18.75% from the field to this point.

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2017, 06:31:36 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The injury to Hayward may improve Tatum's chances. He will get more game time and he has adapted to the pace of the NBA quickly. Tough season with Simmons in the mix but stats against Phx don't impress as much as stats V Cavs etc. I expect Tatum will put up a 20+ points game before too long.

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2017, 07:35:07 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I hate the fact that Simmons is considered a rookie. He's not. Its a technicality. He's a 2nd year player. He's had a year in NBA locker rooms already.

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lonzo ends with 29 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists in 37 minutes and a W. Shot 44-44-50 (1/2).

Easily best performance of the season for any rookie. Good bounce back after Lonzo got bullied by Pat Bev. It'll be hard topping that outing.
29 points on 27 shots isn't that impressive.  It was also against the Suns who are staking their claim as worst team in the league.  They lost by 48 to the Blazers who were without McCollum.  Ball should look his best against young, fast paced, no defense teams like the Suns.  It is against the rest of the teams where he'll struggle. 

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wish the Celtics had a talent like Ball...even performed better than Kyrie Irving the last few games.

Like the three points he had Thu 10/19.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066421/lonzo-ball

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving

Kyrie's average is 20.  Ball's is 16.

Go home, troll, your not a good one perhaps stop before your exposed even more.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:55:24 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
This play at 0:57 got me pretty excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjcpebBG3sw
Yup

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79

29 points on 27 shots isn't that impressive.  It was also against the Suns who are staking their claim as worst team in the league.  They lost by 48 to the Blazers who were without McCollum.  Ball should look his best against young, fast paced, no defense teams like the Suns.  It is against the rest of the teams where he'll struggle.

He shot over 44% on those 27 shots, by the way. I'm just glad Fultz, Fox, Tatum, etc. also get to play against the Suns. I'm going to be seeing who doesn't have amazing games against this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty defense, so I can call them a bust.

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

He shot over 44% on those 27 shots, by the way. I'm just glad Fultz, Fox, Tatum, etc. also get to play against the Suns. I'm going to be seeing who doesn't have amazing games against this ****ty defense, so I can call them a bust.

Meanwhile, Josh Jackson ain't looking so hot on the Suns so far.

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Lets all not kid ourselves.

Barring injury the award will go to Ball. He is the new face of the Fakers and the media and espn will show highlights of him even if he has a soso statline of the night.

Tatum will probably be 4th in the running even if he has the minutes and exposure...there's just no stopping the Ballchoochoo train.

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Lets all not kid ourselves.

Barring injury the award will go to Ball. He is the new face of the Fakers and the media and espn will show highlights of him even if he has a soso statline of the night.

Tatum will probably be 4th in the running even if he has the minutes and exposure...there's just no stopping the Ballchoochoo train.

I agree. His to lose.

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If Tatum can put up decent numbers this year in place of Hayward being injured and have a solid impact on our team he can get ROY.

I don't even think that his numbers would have to be better than Balls - but the TEAM would have to be better than LA.

If this team can somehow muster 45-48 wins, get a playoff berth AND Tatum puts up 14-6-2-1-1 and THEN the Lakers get only 25-30 wins I don't see how Ball can get ROY.

So far, Jayson has put up 12.3, 9 rebs, nearly 2 assist and 1 block, through 3 games. Not bad at all.

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Tatum is going to slay with or without ROY! ROY doesn't always mean you're the best.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)