Author Topic: Cavaliers (9-21) at Celtics (21-7) Game #29 12/27/19  (Read 13429 times)

Re: Cavaliers (9-21) at Celtics (21-7) Game #29 12/27/19
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2019, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Seems like lately that when the ball swings to Walker at the top, he is moving the ball with a pass less and less and going into that in-and-out dribbling routine more and more. If true, this is not good.

I don't at all think this has anything to do with Kemba wanting shots for himself or more points or whatever - just maybe him reverting back to what he was so used to doing in Charlotte, out of necessity.

Or maybe this impression I am getting is just some post-Kyrie PTSD paranoia. Anyone else notice this?

I think it’s just you. Kemba at the top coming off a pick or hand off is done to help set up his attack and create from there. Seems fine to me since his mindset is to get in the paint. He’s been a willing passer this year too

I am fine with Walker catching the ball up top after coming off a screen and then shooting in rhythm or penetrating immediately - I just don't like the ball stopping dead with him holding it and then going into that one-on-one dribble routine. I understand if the shot clock is way down, but the Celts are at their best offensively when the ball is popping and players are moving.
for his career kemba has averaged 5.5 assists per game. this season he is averaging 5.3. no big change in his game based upon that stat.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2019, 05:09:48 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
counting on Marcus for tommorrow rumble with raps

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
just watching the box score, but celtics up by a bunch after a half. good start!!

tps for anyone who provides details on how the celtics are playing.

It’s just a more talented team outmatching a less talented one. JT and JB have been scoring everywhere on the court, and they’re getting pretty much any shot they want. Step back 3s, drives to the rim, alley oops. It’s been an “easy game” I guess. Cavs don’t seem to be providing much resistance on D.

Love has tried to keep the Cavs in it (it’s not like all his shots were open) but even with 20pts or something, there’s only so much 1 player can do when the rest of the team is outclassed.

- LilRip

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Seems like lately that when the ball swings to Walker at the top, he is moving the ball with a pass less and less and going into that in-and-out dribbling routine more and more. If true, this is not good.

I don't at all think this has anything to do with Kemba wanting shots for himself or more points or whatever - just maybe him reverting back to what he was so used to doing in Charlotte, out of necessity.

Or maybe this impression I am getting is just some post-Kyrie PTSD paranoia. Anyone else notice this?

I think it’s just you. Kemba at the top coming off a pick or hand off is done to help set up his attack and create from there. Seems fine to me since his mindset is to get in the paint. He’s been a willing passer this year too

I am fine with Walker catching the ball up top after coming off a screen and then shooting in rhythm or penetrating immediately - I just don't like the ball stopping dead with him holding it and then going into that one-on-one dribble routine. I understand if the shot clock is way down, but the Celts are at their best offensively when the ball is popping and players are moving.
for his career kemba has averaged 5.5 assists per game. this season he is averaging 5.3. no big change in his game based upon that stat.
I can't fathom how any Celtics fan has a problem with how Kemba has been playing.

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
just watching the box score, but celtics up by a bunch after a half. good start!!

tps for anyone who provides details on how the celtics are playing.

Except for the little run at the end of the 2nd, the Cs are just better at everything today vs the Cavs.  C's team def has been good, guys hustling and scrambing, making it tough on Clev to score.  JB and JT just can't be stopped by anyone on the cavs.  When we have Kemba out there, Cavs def is too concerned about stopping kemba and the J's are just getting whatever they want.

I would really like to seem them step on the gas in the 3rd and 4th quarter and cruise to a 30 point win.

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2019, 05:19:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I can't fathom how any Celtics fan has a problem with how Kemba has been playing.

Have you checked the name of the user? Lol.

That would explain why.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
counting on Marcus for tommorrow rumble with raps

I think his eye ball replacement surgery has almost healed.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2019, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Celtics toying with the Cavs.

Playing too sloppy though.

Cant create bad habits!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Wow, I hate this small lineup.

Larry Bird

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Cmon C's!  we have just slowly let them back in the game.
Gotta increase the intensity on def and get this lead back up again.

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Cmon C's!  we have just slowly let them back in the game.
Gotta increase the intensity on def and get this lead back up again.

Wannamaker effect!

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2019, 05:46:47 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Defense was putrid that quarter. We need to step on their throat.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2019, 05:47:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Ugh... Just gonna let these losers creep back in?  ???

Also that was a clear charge on Sexton against Theis... But once again refs do not like us at all.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Theis has that same sweetspot on the above-the-key 3pt shot as Horford. I love it.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2019, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Yeah Jaylen needs to be in the all star game...