Author Topic: Celtics Allegedly Offer Bradley, Melo, Picks for Gortat (unconfirmed)  (Read 13181 times)

Re: Celtics Allegedly Offer Bradley, Melo, Picks for Gortat (unconfirmed)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
TP to LarBrd33. I am repeating for emphasis-

There is no possible Gortat trade before December 15th without Rondo or Pierce being in the deal.

Don't mistake this for an opinion- the trade rules make it a literal impossibility.

Rondo or pierce?hahaha no thanks. I don't even want to give up Bradley ...rondo for gortat would be the dumbest move in the history of the celtics

I don't think he meant Rondo or Pierce to be traded, just that any trade would have to take place after Dec. 15th, which is not too far away.

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
the salaries dont work at all...no way this is a true rumor..until i hear it from Woj Im calling false.

now if you Did Lee(5million), Melo and picks it would be alot closer.

considering how BAD defensively our SG's are I would be hesitant to trade bradley...this wont fix our problem of dribble penetration

you fix rebounding potentially. But you are stuck with a sieve defensively at SG

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
the salaries dont work at all...no way this is a true rumor..until i hear it from Woj Im calling false.

considering how BAD defensively our SG's are I would be hesitant to trade bradley...this wont fix our problem of dribble penetration

you fix rebounding potentially. But you are stuck with a sieve defensively at SG

We made it to within 5 minutes of the NBA finals last year with a legit "sieve" at SG, Ray Allen, so I'd take our chances with Lee at that position.

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

We made it to within 5 minutes of the NBA finals last year with a legit "sieve" at SG, Ray Allen, so I'd take our chances with Lee at that position.

thus far, injured ray allen >> Courtney Lee sadly

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

thus far, injured ray allen >> Courtney Lee sadly

LOL. Yea, so far this year an old, hobbled Ray was better than Courtney Lee. I'm sure Lee will catch up once he gets the defensive sets though.

Re: BREAKING! Celtics offer Bradley, Melo, and multiple draft picks for Gortat!
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
No way salaries work.  Would rather not see Bradley go, but we need a Center.

how abouit keep our defensive pest bradley and trade melo with Lee and Green???

Then we have bass, Sully, JET, barbosa and wilcox coming off the bench. only problem is a guy to back up The Truth. still a strong bench it would seem. unless we can put bass at the 3 and sully at the 4 and wilcox at the 5.

put KG back to the 4. Gortat starts at the 5.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Wade had a compromised knee.

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

and we had PP, KG, RA playing hurt and no wilcox, green, bradley etc.

bottom line is every fool i spoke with predicted the cheat in 4. so much for that!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Wade's not much healthier this year either, but Dwight Howard is.

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
And Bosh was hurt and Pierce was hurt and blah and blah and blah...

My question remains, aside from the fact that the earliest trade that can be completed is 3 weeks away, what legitimate reasons are there to believe a rumor that I haven't seen pronounced anywhere that could be seen as legitimate. CLNS is repeating what they read on an American basketball blog (which is not a bad source, but its not an actual 'source'), who quoted a European basketball blog. The American blog in question stated the 'offer' which is complete and utter speculation:

The “Polish Hammer” stands under 6’11, but is averaging 11 points and nine boards a game for the Phoenix Suns. It’s only speculation at this point on who the Celtics would trade for the five-year veteran, but it would most likely have to include a young piece (Avery Bradley or Courtney Lee) and a big (Brandon Bass or Fab Melo).

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Sorry, even though we need a center we just cant let Bradley go.
This move will come back and haunt us until the day Avery retires from the NBA. This guy will end up as the best on ball defender ever.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
This move will come back and haunt us until the day Avery retires from the NBA. This guy will end up as the best on ball defender ever.

I think the day Bradley retires will unfortunately come a lot sooner than most people think, considering his injury history and his physically demanding style of play.

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Bold statement. I'm sure Cooper, Jordan, etc. would have something to say about it.

I love Bradley, but I would love him much more if he had prototypical SG size. As great as a defender as he is, bigger guards can still shoot over him. That'll never change.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
And Bosh was hurt and Pierce was hurt and blah and blah and blah...

My question remains, aside from the fact that the earliest trade that can be completed is 3 weeks away, what legitimate reasons are there to believe a rumor that I haven't seen pronounced anywhere that could be seen as legitimate. CLNS is repeating what they read on an American basketball blog (which is not a bad source, but its not an actual 'source'), who quoted a European basketball blog. The American blog in question stated the 'offer' which is complete and utter speculation:

The “Polish Hammer” stands under 6’11, but is averaging 11 points and nine boards a game for the Phoenix Suns. It’s only speculation at this point on who the Celtics would trade for the five-year veteran, but it would most likely have to include a young piece (Avery Bradley or Courtney Lee) and a big (Brandon Bass or Fab Melo).

wow, so the dude does not even have KG height. more like wilcox height? shows how bad wilcox is huh? or does it?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 04:38:25 PM »

Offline Professor of Rondology

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 19
IMO, the only offers that Phoenix would consider are...

Bass + Bradley + Melo + Picks
OR
Sullinger + Melo + Lee + Picks

I'd be sad to see Bradley or Sully traded, but we can't get Gortat without giving up an asset or two.   

This rumor seems like total BS, but I would be shocked if Danny wasn't already in talks with Phoenix.  Gortat is an excellent defender, a solid rebounder, and Rondo-Gortat pick-and-rolls would be a thing of beauty.  I think that's worth giving up Bradley or Sullinger.  I'll sacrifice future potential for a better shot at Banner 18.