Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

"Mutual interest" between Celtics and FA J-Crossover

(1/8) > >>

AshyLarry:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796176

'The Athletic's Jared Weiss reported there was "mutual interest" between the Boston Celtics and veteran free agent Jamal Crawford during his Celtics Beat podcast Sunday (h/t Nicholas Goss of NESN.com):

"There is mutual interest between the Celtics and Crawford. That I do know. The Celtics didn't make an offer to him. He's been kind of waiting for the right situation to materialize. That's why he's holding out to training camp, basically. He wants to be in a position to win a championship. He wants to sign on with one of these title teams."

Crawford, 38, averaged 10.3 points and 2.3 assists for the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, playing 20.7 minutes per game off the bench.'

Even with our 12 guards, I'd welcome the firepower. At 38 years old, I assume minutes aren't Crawford's biggest concern- so bring him in. I love insurance.

SparzWizard:
He'll be great addition to our 3-point shooting.

Plus one of the best players for drawing fouls on a 3-point shot!

Roy H.:

--- Quote from: SparzWizard on September 17, 2018, 02:07:23 PM ---He'll be great addition to our 3-point shooting.
--- End quote ---

You think so?  I've always seen him as a pretty mediocre 3PT shooter.  Not a bad one, necessarily, just not a very good one, either.

Birdman:
he can be our Sam Cassell in 08

nickagneta:

--- Quote from: Roy H. on September 17, 2018, 02:11:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: SparzWizard on September 17, 2018, 02:07:23 PM ---He'll be great addition to our 3-point shooting.
--- End quote ---

You think so?  I've always seen him as a pretty mediocre 3PT shooter.  Not a bad one, necessarily, just not a very good one, either.

--- End quote ---
Agree completely. He is very average three point shooter, just 33.1% last year which is below average. He also has always been a very inefficient scorer and a bad defensive player. But if he is taking the soon to be vacated 15th roster slot of Jabari Bird on a vet min contract, that's still a very good upgrade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version