Poll

Would  you trade Ray + Perk for Iguodala + Dalembert ?

YES
35 (43.8%)
NO
45 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: February 18, 2010, 03:37:21 PM

Author Topic: Would you trade Ray + Perk for Iguodala + Dalembert ? ( POLL)  (Read 9369 times)

Re: Would you trade Ray + Perk for Iguodala + Dalembert ? ( POLL)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
i might have to do it.  I don't think Perk and Dalembert are that far off, but I think Iggy is a far better asset than Ray. 

Dalembert would be a 12 mil expiring contract next year.  Something to think about. 

They are further apart then you think.

Perk is a low post defender.

Dalembert is a weakside shot blocker. 

Just look at Howard's numbers.

Against Boston, 12 points on 46% shooting.  36 minutes

Against Philly, 21 points on 81% shooting. 

Last year, the same.  He shot 7 % better against Philly.

Sheed and Baby off the bench are two very capable Howard defenders. 

Dalembert is certainly not a great post defender, but he's a very good rebounder and shotblocker.  Perk is just good in these categories.  Dalembert is also a much more athletic finisher, which is a big plus when playing the a lob-happy, up-tempo PG like Rondo.

I think Perk and Dalembert is very close to even.  Factor in the huge upgrade from the current Ray to Iguodala and its a no-brainer.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Baby can't be included in any trade to a team that's over the cap because of his base year compensation.

Perk trade value is at his highest in his career, I don't think he's a throw in for a trade like this.  Don't trade Perk for these guys.

Iggy and Sam for Ray, Scal and Giddens works though.  No first rounders, just cap relief.  If the Sixers don't like it they can go for someone else.  And if we were lucky they would take the deal and buy out Ray, who could come back here in a month.

The only other trade I could picture working involving Ray would be Ray to Washington for Butler and Haywoode.  With Ray also getting bought out and coming back.  I wouldn't want to see Ray on any team but ours.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Perk is the only bait that I see on this team that could net a guy like Martin or Iguodala. I definitely do not view him as untouchable. I'd probably want a better gift for the road for taking Dalembert's contract, though.

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Absolutely. Dalembert is better than Perk in every facet of the game except post defense. Iguodala, without question, is a better player than Ray Allen. C's win in this deal, and they add much needed athleticism. The only thing left to do after this trade would be to bench Sheed and see if Danny can trade Scal to Orlando for Brandon Bass.

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Absolutely. Dalembert is better than Perk in every facet of the game except post defense. Iguodala, without question, is a better player than Ray Allen. C's win in this deal, and they add much needed athleticism. The only thing left to do after this trade would be to bench Sheed and see if Danny can trade Scal to Orlando for Brandon Bass.
We need Perk's post defense though.  He's one of the few players in the league who is good at holding his position AND blocking shots.  Most guys are one or the other.  Dalembert is just a shotblocker.  He would be usesless againsts bulky centers.  I'd like him as a backup.

Orlando isn't doing anything to help us.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Baby can't be included in any trade to a team that's over the cap because of his base year compensation.

Perk trade value is at his highest in his career, I don't think he's a throw in for a trade like this.  Don't trade Perk for these guys.

Iggy and Sam for Ray, Scal and Giddens works though.  No first rounders, just cap relief.  If the Sixers don't like it they can go for someone else.  And if we were lucky they would take the deal and buy out Ray, who could come back here in a month.

The only other trade I could picture working involving Ray would be Ray to Washington for Butler and Haywoode.  With Ray also getting bought out and coming back.  I wouldn't want to see Ray on any team but ours.

I like Ray, Scal and Giddens for Iggy and Sam.

I really hate to trade Ray though, but I'm not sure we can contend if we don't. :(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 09:43:07 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Bos sends: Perk + Ray
Phi sends: Iguodala + Dalembert

Boston gets much more athletic. They lose low post defense , but get a very good shot blocker and rebounder( better than Perk). Dalembert can finish on alley oops that Perk can't so we would have a nice running 3 some with Rondo and Iggy. PP and KG can trail the fast break and get wide open looks from 18 for KG and 3pt land for PP.

They could likely make a small trade with the rest of their expiring contracts to get a guy like Kurt Thomas to throw up against Shaq.

In a heartbeat.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
As I said in aother thread, Philly would have to sweeten the deal with Speights or a first rounder. Otherwise, No.

Same here.

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
We'll be lucky they don't hang up the phone. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
replace perk w/ wallace in the trade.
philly wants out of dalembert's contract, and are willing to trade iggy. we give them what they want, a HOF sg with a huge expiring contract  and a much cheaper center signed to a shorter contract.

i bet they wait by the phone for danny's call.

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
another reason to try and trade ray & sheed  for iggy & dalembert is that dalembert's 12 million dollar salary comes off the books after next season. so does pierce, so does Kevin Durant... um yeah

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
another reason to try and trade ray & sheed  for iggy & dalembert is that dalembert's 12 million dollar salary comes off the books after next season. so does pierce, so does Kevin Durant... um yeah
With AI2s deal, Rondo, and KG we won't have cap space for a FA.

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

yes we would if we let PP and KG expire along with sheed we will have a ton of cap space to play with in 2012. Durnat is a restricted free agent next year I believe so he won't be a unrestricted free agent until 2012 along with Carmelo Anthony

We could have a core of

Rondo
Iggy or Martin
Perk

and be in position to add Durant or Melo ;D

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

yes we would if we let PP and KG expire along with sheed we will have a ton of cap space to play with in 2012. Durnat is a restricted free agent next year I believe so he won't be a unrestricted free agent until 2012 along with Carmelo Anthony

We could have a core of

Rondo
Iggy or Martin
Perk

and be in position to add Durant or Melo ;D

That's a year after he's talking about, he was talking about 2011/2012 not 2012/2013

Also Kevin Durant is not risking a big payday by taking the QO. He'll sign a big extension before then.