Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347624 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #420 on: November 14, 2014, 12:35:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Only watched the highlights but...

Ben Mclemore seriously looks like Ray Allen. That stroke, the skill level in terms of ballhandling and finishing, and the smooth athleticism.

Except Ben's sexier and probably less of a traitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZcM-5kAYAY

I don't know about that.  Ray Allen is pretty fine (sarcasm) ;D.  Are you going to make a thread about Mclemore like the one that was called Wow - KO's new beach body, because that thread was hilarious ;D.

« Reply #421 on: November 14, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I realize this game is in Dallas, but who would pay money to see this 76ers team play?  They have filled their roster with poor players to achieve the worst record possible.  I hope they suffer financially.  It's an embarrassment to the league, organization, fans, and players on the team.

Would you prefer they flounder around with ill-fitting, ineffective veteran NBA players en route to getting blown out like Denver?

There's rebuilding and then there is what the 76ers are doing.  I'm glad the Celtics traded away KG and Pierce for draft picks in order to rebuild, but they are still putting a professional product on the court while developing players  I wouldn't say the same about about the Sixers.

So true.

I think if you take all of the human element out of your equation, there's a chance it'll screw up somehow.

I hope it happens.

Heard someone say MCW's development is being stunted by all the tanking.

« Reply #422 on: November 14, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
It's nice to see Leandro Barbosa make that move on the break after his injury.  In other news, who knew that Andrew Bogut could still dunk, lol? ;D

« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2014, 12:41:25 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Ben Mclemore seriously looks like Ray Allen. That stroke, the skill level in terms of ballhandling and finishing, and the smooth athleticism.

I don't know about that.  Ray Allen is pretty fine (sarcasm) ;D.  Are you going to make a thread about Mclemore like the one that was called Wow - KO's new beach body, because that thread was hilarious ;D.

McLemore has that whole babyface thing going on.

While Ray Allen is probably considered a fairly handsome man by many, his evil shines through.

McLemore with his sweet baby heart of gold >>> Ray Allen.

;)

« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Celts can't buy a nat game but Lakers have already had 100 with one coming tomorrow. That's crap!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2014, 01:04:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

McLemore has that whole babyface thing going on.

While Ray Allen is probably considered a fairly handsome man by many, his evil shines through.

McLemore with his sweet baby heart of gold >>> Ray Allen.

;)

Like Jermaine O'Neal and Isiah Thomas haha?  Btw, some would argue that it is his evil that makes Ray Allen sexier (sarcasm).  I'm getting hot just thinking about a locker room with both of them (sarcasm).  Ahaha ;D.

Edit - I watched the highlights, as well.  Man, aside from one made 3 his shots never even hit the rim.  He's so Katy Perry, though (hot and cold, and yes, I know that I've likely used that joke one too many times haha), from game to game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:10:16 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I realize this game is in Dallas, but who would pay money to see this 76ers team play?  They have filled their roster with poor players to achieve the worst record possible.  I hope they suffer financially.  It's an embarrassment to the league, organization, fans, and players on the team.

Would you prefer they flounder around with ill-fitting, ineffective veteran NBA players en route to getting blown out like Denver?

There's rebuilding and then there is what the 76ers are doing.  I'm glad the Celtics traded away KG and Pierce for draft picks in order to rebuild, but they are still putting a professional product on the court while developing players  I wouldn't say the same about about the Sixers.

The Nuggets aren't even rebuilding and they've been just as terrible as the Sixers, if not even worse since they're a largely veteran team that should be much better than they are.  Is that more "respectable" as a professional product?

I'd argue that Denver would fare better in the East. Also, they have had a lot of injuries to key guys... you could bring up Noel and Embiid but they never played in the NBA, don't really know how key they would be if at all.

I'm not talking about last season; I know what happened last season.  Denver is healthy this year -- they're just ridiculously bad.  It has nothing to do with the conference, they're just a horrible team this year.  Check out Denver Stiffs, there's a few articles on the dysfunction the team is already experiencing this early in the season.

They are bad but they also haven't had a chance to gel. I don't think they will be good but I don't think they will end up being as bad as 6ers (it's not saying much either way) and they are in the tougher conference. Just because a team has a bunch of vets doesn't mean they can just jump into being a cohesive unit, a lot more factors than being vets need to be looked at too.

It's guesswork anyway, I just don't see Denver being as bad at the end of the season as the 6ers (if they played in the east instead), might not be worse than they are even in the west.

I don't know why anyone would want to watch and cheer on 6ers over Denver b/c you know they will lose. At least Denver fans can imagine their team will get better during the season b/c of the players they have. I would have hope we can win some games (delusional or not) as a Denver fan but 6ers fans probably don't have a tap of delusion with the product they put out.

I mean, I wouldn't watch either at this point but if I had to choose, I'd watch the team I think has a better chance of winning a game. I don't see the 6ers shocking any good team and stealing a win, I can see Denver being underestimated and they come together and steal some.

It's a given that Denver will finish with more wins than Philly for the simple fact that every single player on Denver's roster at least has a profile image on NBA.com.  Short of the Nuggets making a blockbuster trade for a star, though, they're both still going to be bad teams by the end of the season.

« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Philadelphia are up 3 against Houston with 41 seconds left.

EDIT: Harden just stole the ball and got fouled.

EDIT 2: And the Philly coach just got a tech, so Harden's gonna get 3 free throws. Oh, well.

« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
It's nice to see Leandro Barbosa make that move on the break after his injury.  In other news, who knew that Andrew Bogut could still dunk, lol? ;D
And without getting hurt, no less!

« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:13 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
+/- Sixers win 10 games this year?

« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Philadelphia are up 3 against Houston with 41 seconds left.

EDIT: Harden just stole the ball and got fouled.

EDIT 2: And the Philly coach just got a tech, so Harden's gonna get 3 free throws. Oh, well.

Jeez, can their tanking get any more blatant? Wow.

« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2014, 12:28:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Kobe's 1-14.  Awesome ;D.  Are his 6 assists a career high, lol? ;D

« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
It feels like there is an inordinate number of blowouts this season.

Huge, huge deficits. 30+ point deficits.

Hawks (a good team) getting smacked down by the Cavs tonight. 101-66 near end of 3rd.

« Reply #433 on: November 15, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
I feel better with the lost now that the Hawks got blew out.

« Reply #434 on: November 15, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
The Grizzlies are going to win 65 games this season and half of NBA fans will attribute it to Bryant Reeves.