Author Topic: Monroe - 2019  (Read 5595 times)

Re: Monroe - 2019
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2018, 12:01:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
He's definitely been a disappointment in the playoffs. He just doesn't fit the way this team plays. His offense hasn't been near good enough to offset his horrendous defense. The guy just is slower than tortoise in a wheelchair.

He won't be back next season, though, I have no doubts of this. Even as cheaply as we could probably retain him, he'd just be wasting a roster spot.

Yeah, prioritize Baynes and bring him back, get back a healthy Theis, and maybe use a vet. min on another cheap big who could at least help in spurts during the regular season.

Monroe may still get a decent payday elsewhere, so I'm fine if he walks. We could keep him at 6M (at best) with the raise and it doesn't affect luxury tax, so if he accepts, I'm fine with keeping him as a third backup. Otherwise, he's getting paid close to 10M elsewhere I suppose.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
He has been a major disappointment in my opinion.  I thought he was going to actually help.  Boy, was I wrong.  He is not the player I remember at all from several years back.  Not sure what happened.  Unless he has a transformational off season, I don't envision him back in Boston and maybe not back in the league at all.

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
In this league, especially on this team he's a backup who gives some quality minutes and is kinda a niche guy. And that's it.

He seems to me one of those guys caught in the transition. Prior to the league change he was a good traditional big. So you look at his stats and you're like "That's great."  Then you plug him in now and it's like "Wait. What happened? What is this?"

I respect him but you just can't expect much from him. Think of Eric Montross but better. There's just no place in the league for that now.

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
At least he’s better than what okafor would provide. That guy can’t find minutes on the nets

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I can't believe Monroe hasn't even turned 28 yet. I thought he was like 32 by now.