Author Topic: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24  (Read 13683 times)

Re: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2024, 10:18:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Teams massively overrated, had a great regular season when allowed to front run and have won a lot of games against bad competition or teams not at full strength, crumbled in the play in tournament, crumbled against Denver twice, very few signature wins…there’s now so much pressure on them and this team is absolutely dreadful under pressure.
Also porzingis was a huge difference maker earlier in the year, maybe teams just weren’t use to him with us…now he’s kinda just there…meh

Go watch the bucks Jerry. They need your support seeing they are down double digits

Why would I watch the bucks? They’re an absolutely painful watch and I couldn’t care less if they’re losing or what they’re doing.
Still gonna be an extreme tough out in the playoffs.

Sure thing Jerry

« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2024, 10:19:38 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Why’d we put dead arm jrue on Murray in the last possession instead of white or brown? I mean no one could stop the guy but idk I would’ve preferred those matchups.

« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2024, 10:19:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
They just sleep walked through the game defensively for too long. White and Holiday finally picked up the defense but it was too late. Switching everything and allowing Murray to attack Porzingis is on the coaching staff. Joe finally woke up late in OT but by that time game could have gone either way.

Whatever, the main ojbjective now is get to the playoffs without anyone getting hurt - and without bad habbits setting in. 

Oh yeah, the D has sucked for about 2 weeks now. Maybe that's a bad habit.

Yes, this was very infuriating, let alone not doing anything to adjust to the constant flow of offensive rebounds we were giving up with KP.

« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2024, 10:20:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why’d we put dead arm jrue on Murray in the last possession instead of white or brown? I mean no one could stop the guy but idk I would’ve preferred those matchups.

Because holiday was the only guy to get stops on him.

He cooked white twice.

Holiday played good defense. He just made it

Game was lost on the boards.

« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2024, 10:21:10 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Teams massively overrated, had a great regular season when allowed to front run and have won a lot of games against bad competition or teams not at full strength, crumbled in the play in tournament, crumbled against Denver twice, very few signature wins…there’s now so much pressure on them and this team is absolutely dreadful under pressure.
Also porzingis was a huge difference maker earlier in the year, maybe teams just weren’t use to him with us…now he’s kinda just there…meh

Go watch the bucks Jerry. They need your support seeing they are down double digits

Why would I watch the bucks? They’re an absolutely painful watch and I couldn’t care less if they’re losing or what they’re doing.

Sure thing Jerry

Oh I forgot.
Celtics in 4!. Banner 18 guaranteed!
Can’t wait for the parade!

« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2024, 10:22:10 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Sure thing Jerry

Oh I forgot.
Celtics in 4!. Banner 18 guaranteed!
Can’t wait for the parade!

Now you’re talking. See you there.

« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2024, 10:22:15 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

He cooked white twice.

Pretty sure brown stopped him the possession before but ok

« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2024, 10:22:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
These games are meaningless.  Yeah we want better game plans, better performance, etc.  But when the playoff start this game won't matter one iota.  Not sure why everyone is losing their marbles.

Tell me, if these games are meaningless then why did Joe bother playing their core guys? Makes no sense. Would have been better to start our G-leaguers and I wouldn't even be mad if they lost.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2024, 10:22:57 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
This game should've ended had Joe set up a real good play at the end of the regulation, needing only 1 point to win.

Instead, he gave it to Tatum for a difficult three. Idiot.

« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2024, 10:24:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

He cooked white twice.

Pretty sure brown stopped him the possession before but ok

Holiday played it as best as anyone could. He made the shot.

If you want to arm chair coach talk about the many possessions where he cooked KP over and over with no adjustments at all.

« Reply #355 on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
These games are meaningless.  Yeah we want better game plans, better performance, etc.  But when the playoff start this game won't matter one iota.  Not sure why everyone is losing their marbles.

Yeah it’s weird.

I mean, it's very clearly a trend and theme with them, which IS absolutely something that will follow them in the playoffs.

The first theme is obviously the poor end-game decision-making. I actually thought we made a little bit of progress in some areas by not going so strictly iso all the time. However, that was overshadowed by the awful end of regulation iso we reverted to, some of the head-scratching shot selections we made in the fourth, and then the lack of defensive adjustments until it was too late (i.e., switching KP on Murray and giving mismatches).

The second theme is the three point shooting. For most of the game we weren't making them, and we looked pedestrian doing so.

Lastly, the physicality and offensive rebounding. Teams have figured out that being super physical with us throws us off, especially for JT and KP. Similarly, the defensive rebounding has been really bad for some time now, and we regularly give up double digit points in second chance points.

These are all clear concerns that absolutely will follow us into the playoffs and are longer-standing concerns for us, not just a result of it being March and us having clinched.

« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:17 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
blame joe all you want (and he certainly deserves plenty of it) but what are we seeing that’s so different from the J’s during Ime’s tenure or late in brad’s tenure? where’s the pride after being humiliated by the lowly hawks last game?

i know everyone is angry, and i’m not attempting to add fuel to the fire, but i’ve consistently said for years that the C’s won’t win a chip with the J’s. no heart, no killer instinct, selfish, low bbiq, entitled brats that love to fill the box score. if they think they can coast the remainder of the regular season and turn it on for the playoffs. which is what we seem to be witnessing, they’ll get booted (read: embarrassed) in round one.

You are exactly right.
Just compare Tatum to the past Celtic "Generals" as I call them ........... Russell, Cowens, Bird & Garnett.
Now think about the competitive heart these four men had compared to Tatum.
Brown has a little more fight in him, but he's too stupid to play the right way.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:26 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

Tell me, if these games are meaningless then why did Joe bother playing their core guys? Makes no sense. Would have been better to start our G-leaguers and I wouldn't even be mad if they lost.

Your logic is flawed.  What would you have us do, rest all of our starters every game until the playoffs start?  You play your core guys to keep them game ready, which is important.  The actual result, now that we've locked up the top seed, is not.

« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:46 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Exactly.
It’s meaningless in the standings but for scouts of other teams watching this and for our own confidence this game is not meaningless. They went all out and were basically fully healthy and lost 2 close games to the hawks. Brutal.

« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jb’s 3 down one
Tatum’s terrible last possession of regulation

Not getting rebound up 3 allowing Bogey to hit a 3

KP getting cooked over and over by Murray with no adjustments

Giving up nearly 20 offensive rebounds that led to points

Lack of any effort most of the game.