Author Topic: Original Tommy Point?  (Read 8908 times)

Re: Original Tommy Point?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
removed - should have read the whole thread first

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This question has been posed on here before, and here's what was said:

Tommy awarded his first Tommy Point on March,13 2002,...Tony Battie(4),Walter McCarty(3),Eric Williams(2),Kenny Anderson(3),Rodney Rodgers(2),Eric Strickland(2)  were the first 6 recipients.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=23907.msg384956#msg384956

I'm not sure if that list is in order, but if it is, it looks like Tony Battie was the first recipient. 
You rang...the site i found the info never said which player received the 1st but the amounts in order...however,it told that Vitaly Potapenko recieved the 1st Tommy Award on March 13th,2002.

Here's a link that agrees it was Vitaly:

http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/mikes-mailbag-december-4/

Mike Gorman is a reliable source, right? ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
This question has been posed on here before, and here's what was said:

Tommy awarded his first Tommy Point on March,13 2002,...Tony Battie(4),Walter McCarty(3),Eric Williams(2),Kenny Anderson(3),Rodney Rodgers(2),Eric Strickland(2)  were the first 6 recipients.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=23907.msg384956#msg384956

I'm not sure if that list is in order, but if it is, it looks like Tony Battie was the first recipient. 
You rang...the site i found the info never said which player received the 1st but the amounts in order...however,it told that Vitaly Potapenko recieved the 1st Tommy Award on March 13th,2002.

Here's a link that agrees it was Vitaly:

http://www.csnne.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/mikes-mailbag-december-4/

Mike Gorman is a reliable source, right? ;)

But could there be a mix up or confusion?  In the quote Bobby asks who got the first Tommy Point, but Mike answers Vitaly got the first Tommy Award.  The Tommy Point and Tommy Award are two different things.

Mike totally sidestepped the question in a blatant attempt to pump up Vitaly in Celtics history.  We all know Mike was a Vitaly lover.  I wouldn't be surprised is someone updates Vitaly's wikipedia page to read this too, because once it's in wikipedia it might as well be written in stone.  I'm so sick of this media propoganda and trying to rewrite the history books :P

I love how much I'm reading into such a trival thing  ::)

Boston

Mike,
Who was the first recipient of a Tommy Point from Mr. Tommy Heisohn. I say it was Tony Battie in March 2002, but a friend of mine said it was Eric Williams. Which one of us is correct, if any one of us is? I got a lunch riding on this. Should I pay up or eat up Mike. If anyone could answer this question, I’m sure you can. Please send me to lunch soon.

Mike: According to my research guys Vitaly Potapenko won the fist Tommy award so it looks like it’s dutch treat for lunch.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 01:15:22 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Excellent, only about 13 months after I orginally asked this! ;D

Who dug this dinosaur of a post up?  Also any Celtics list that includes Erick Strickland is depressing...