Author Topic: Jaylen Brown the right choice at #3  (Read 11565 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown the right choice at #3
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2016, 12:00:49 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
He looked great last night. Brad trusted him late in game. He had the bad turnover but I am excited for his future. He made some great drives and shots. Great pick Danny.

Yeah the turnover hurt a bit. He had the shot, but he still needs a bit more confidence. Hopefully Stevens doesn't pull him in late game because of it. I'd rather lose a couple early season games but get the kid use to it, than throw him in at the end of the season and see what happens. Even if he missed the shot, I liked it, good shot, just needs to believe in it.

I agree. He went up to take a shot, it was not going to get blocked, but looked around to give it up. Lack of confidence, or just not comfortable taking the big shot right now.  The kid has so much talent, he can create a lot of 10 footers, reminds me of a young MJ in the ability to create that shot for himself.  The difference is that even a young MJ would have taken that shot.  And probably made it.  JB is a little too deferential to his team mates. I appreciate that he does not try to force things, but he needs to stop worrying about whether guys like IT will get p---ed if he takes the game tying shot and just take it.

each time he makes a shot I feel like I'm watching a 2k game for myplayer, he's trying to get those skill points and crack the rotation :)

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2016, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
He looked great last night. Brad trusted him late in game. He had the bad turnover but I am excited for his future. He made some great drives and shots. Great pick Danny.
I think this is kind of a big deal. Late in a close game, Brad already wanted Jaylen on the floor. Brad having faith in Jaylen means a ton to me. I can't wait to see how he grows this season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I think this is kind of a big deal. Late in a close game, Brad already wanted Jaylen on the floor. Brad having faith in Jaylen means a ton to me. I can't wait to see how he grows this season.
Agreed, but I hope that bad play doesn't zap his confidence.  Let's see how aggressive he comes out next game.  If he's still aggressive, we have a winner folks!