Author Topic: Tony Snell needs a break  (Read 19449 times)

Re: Tony Snell needs a break
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 05:29:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hope he finds a roster.  That said, with $53 million in career earnings there's got to be some health insurance out there that he can afford, right?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 05:35:40 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I hope he finds a roster.  That said, with $53 million in career earnings there's got to be some health insurance out there that he can afford, right?

That's true. Hopefully he's taken good care of his money. Getting good therapy for two autistic kids ain't going to be cheap.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 06:32:41 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
My sister boy is 11 and has autism..he doesn’t talk and still wears a diaper..prayers to Snell & all parents who has kids with autism..hopefully see him on the Celtics
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 06:55:32 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I haven't seen him in Maine that much but if he can still shoot and defend he'd be a fit as a big wing.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 08:11:02 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
So other places of employment don't offer health insurance?

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 05:12:30 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
So Tony Snell is begging for an NBA contract, any NBA contract, so he can qualify for the NBA premium health insurance for his two sons and their autism care, which apparently can cost up to $249k a year per kid. Meanwhile, his wife Ashley, who stars in Basketball Wives of Orlando and is all over Tiktok buying luxury stuff, just spent $300k in 30 mins on the Birken bag challenge in a private jet.

https://x.com/B3ingAProbl3m/status/1754278009043820630?s=20

Poor Tony. He's trying to generate some money while his wife is blowing it all being bad and boujee. Obviously everyone is entitled to try to qualify for free healthcare if you can, but something about this feels sad.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 05:38:45 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Tony Snell has earned $52.5 million over his career and going, if there's someone who can afford the health care his family will need is him.

There are people on real dire straits that need help, this is not one of them. If he and his family haven't managed their financials properly, that's their problem.

Of course, nice for them if they can get the retirement package, but lets be real here... we're advocating for a multimillion dollar man to get some more unearned free lunch.

Then as Ozgod points out, you got on the left hand Tony doing a sob story to get money, and the minute right after we got the right hand in Tony's wife living it up in luxury. They can manage.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:30 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
My sister has a boy with autism and struggles every day, he’s 11 and doesn’t speak & still wears diapers.. she try to get help & finally found a place to help him some..so I feel for everyone who has a kid with this.. but hearing that Snell needs help after earning 50 million, I just shake my head in disbelief…I guarantee he’s doing ok, but what bout the parents living paycheck to paycheck? I feel for them,
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 07:16:37 AM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 06:39:07 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
My sister boy is 11 and has autism..he doesn’t talk and still wears a diaper..prayers to Snell & all parents who has kids with autism..hopefully see him on the Celtics

Of course Autism is a spectrum and the degree of functioning can range from severely impaired to pretty mildly impaired. As his own story shows, you can succeed at high levels and be intellectually adept in many areas. Social impairment is a common denominator but also varies in degree.  Hopefully with early intervention and then good school program/support the boys will thrive.  Great article and story.