Author Topic: Deadspin: Warriors Duty to Finish Off and Destroy Celtics for Good Tonight  (Read 3763 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://deadspin.com/it-is-the-warriors-sacred-duty-to-orbital-strike-the-ce-1833062454

Guy who wrote this is an annoying anti-Boston jerk, but thought it might be good fodder for discussion.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tonight's a playoff elimination game?

If someone is getting paid to write like that, then half this board should have jobs with Deadspin.  That's a horrible, disjointed piece of writing. Op-Ed or not.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
It's actually an entertaining read, if you can step back and not get triggered by the anti-Boston sentiment dripping all over it (no attempt by the writer to disguise that).

Hopefully Brad will have it taped to the locker-room wall at the Oracle for the team to read.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

If someone is getting paid to write like that, then half this board should have jobs with Deadspin.  That's a horrible, disjointed piece of writing. Op-Ed or not.

if it makes you feel better, chances are the author isn't getting paid much at all.

that's internet media for you in 2019.

honestly, my antipathy for this particular celtics team is such that i verge on feeling like i want them to lose, just so the ruination of this group is complete and there's no room for trying to make excuses about them anymore.

it's a "you hurt me so i want you to be hurt" situation.  not saying it's right or rational.

im just disappointed that the team isn't any fun to watch, so that feeling somehow gets translated into a part of me sort of wanting them to be a total dumpster fire.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

if it makes you feel better, chances are the author isn't getting paid much at all.

And deservedly so for pieces like that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

And deservedly so for pieces like that.

Yeah, but the irony is that the prevalence of crappy pieces like this just continues a cycle that means there will be fewer and fewer talented or diligent writers being paid to write articles that aren't cynical, shallow hit jobs designed to elicit maximum clicks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Truly I say to you that the absolute best thing that can happen to an already disappointing, dysfunctional nominal contender is for it to burst into flames and collapse in the most gruesome possible fashion. It’s too late for these fractious Celtics to achieve some sparkling new height of sustained basketball excellence. They already blew that chance. They had it, and they frickin’ blew it! The only way they can be truly special, now, is to be especially disastrous.

I gotta say, I'm not entirely unsympathetic to this viewpoint.
- Mark Twain

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Truly I say to you that the absolute best thing that can happen to an already disappointing, dysfunctional nominal contender is for it to burst into flames and collapse in the most gruesome possible fashion. It’s too late for these fractious Celtics to achieve some sparkling new height of sustained basketball excellence. They already blew that chance. They had it, and they frickin’ blew it! The only way they can be truly special, now, is to be especially disastrous.

I hope your pessimism has taken a big hit tonight
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Deadspin is utter trash—don’t give them clicks!

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Nah. He still wants to let Kyrie walk, clone Tatum 3 times and send Horford through a time warp so that he basically goes back to being 24. #build4thefewcher
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://deadspin.com/it-is-the-warriors-sacred-duty-to-orbital-strike-the-ce-1833062454

Guy who wrote this is an annoying anti-Boston jerk, but thought it might be good fodder for discussion.

FU deadspin

Look like fools

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I await that tools next Boston article with interest
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Nah. He still wants to let Kyrie walk, clone Tatum 3 times and send Horford through a time warp so that he basically goes back to being 24. #build4thefewcher
Ahhh of course. I always think about how much I wanted to be a late 00’s early 10’s Hawks fan
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

crazy pills
LET'S GO CELTICS!