Author Topic: Unnamed Warrior: Hayward a “liability on both sides of the court”  (Read 12241 times)

Re: Unnamed Warrior: Hayward a “liability on both sides of the court”
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Wow I was actually right with the "$35M/year Gordon Hayward 2 ppg"

Literally 2 points in 20 minutes tonight, 1 for 6 shooting...without Kyrie on the floor.

15 mill a point...two games in a row

Why are you incessantly complaining? You’re not writing his checks. I could see if he signed and just sucked, but he had a catastrophic injury he is trying to come back from. Enough.

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2019, 09:59:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Literally 2 points in 20 minutes tonight, 1 for 6 shooting...without Kyrie on the floor.

15 mill a point...two games in a row

Pierce could have doubled that with a leg in cast or from a wheelchair

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Well, he defended pretty well, kept Russell from getting to the basket a couple of times that I saw, he passed really well - missed a couple of rushed shots trying to beat the shot clock, so it wasn't a complete abomination. He was +11 on the night so the team played well with him on the floor.  It's kind of what you want to see your 8th man do, which is about where he is in the rotation right now - even through Brad gives him 6th man minutes.

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Let’s give him until next year I’m sure every time he jumps he probably thinks about if this is the time my foot goes through my neck again.  Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. crowder and lebron

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2019, 10:50:56 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Gordon got interviewed (unplanned as he wasn't scheduled to speak to media) and his frustrations are pretty clear. There's really not much you can say when people ask you why you're playing like ****. Only way to answer is by performance on the court. I'm sure he won't use it as an excuse but I wonder if he's been sleeping well with the arrival of girl #3.

https://youtu.be/TOx5osEHBOM

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2019, 11:01:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
@GwashburnGlobe
It seems Gordon Hayward is now getting at least one really dedicated TD Garden heckler per game. One just screamed "Good 2 points Gordon!" Fans are getting restless with his recovery. #Celtics

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2019, 11:18:57 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
@GwashburnGlobe
It seems Gordon Hayward is now getting at least one really dedicated TD Garden heckler per game. One just screamed "Good 2 points Gordon!" Fans are getting restless with his recovery. #Celtics

Surprised there aren't more if this forum is any indication  ;D

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2019, 12:33:17 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
@GwashburnGlobe

That's a problem that often comes when combining lofty expectations with the seemingly unfair doling out of playing time to a player who's clearly not earning it.  If they'd been slowly bringing Hayward along, from the bench and with limited minutes, all season long, people would be happily waiting for his complete return to health.

But, fairly or unfairly, Hayward's being tagged not only because of his own bad play, but also because of the perceived effect of his being shown favoritism upon the likes of Tatum (earlier in the year) and Brown.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2019, 01:07:47 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
@GwashburnGlobe

That's a problem that often comes when combining lofty expectations with the seemingly unfair doling out of playing time to a player who's clearly not earning it.  If they'd been slowly bringing Hayward along, from the bench and with limited minutes, all season long, people would be happily waiting for his complete return to health.

But, fairly or unfairly, Hayward's being tagged not only because of his own bad play, but also because of the perceived effect of his being shown favoritism upon the likes of Tatum (earlier in the year) and Brown.

I guess it's even more annoying when you know he used to be capable of so much more:

https://youtu.be/LinS8LS8TVE

I've revised my expectations...if he gets back to 80% of the player in those highlights, particularly his aggressiveness driving to the rim, I will be happy.

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2019, 01:09:29 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
@GwashburnGlobe

I guess it's even more annoying when you know he used to be capable of so much more:

I've revised my expectations...if he gets back to 80% of the player in those highlights, particularly his aggressiveness driving to the rim, I will be happy.
what % is he at right now

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:56 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
@GwashburnGlobe

what % is he at right now

Of the highlights form? On his good nights he looks about 70%, on his bad nights 30%. The way he plays, and is used, has changed considerably

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2019, 06:02:14 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

so 30+ months recovery period for a dislocated ankle and broken tibia? Cause its been 15 already.

An injury that only requires an average of 12-15 weeks to heal the bone?

Until he has a full off-season to rebuild his strength and conditioning I won't consider him to have gone through the necessary recovery time.

Also, I think referencing the annual value of his contract is a total non-sequitor here.

A player doesn't become better at recovering from injuries by virtue of his contract value.

I think most people understood that paying a max to Hayward was a necessary overpay in order to sign him in free agency.

Utah Hayward was worth between $20-25 million per year, in my opinion.

The contract value is what it is so there's no sense in worrying about it now.  The question is how much value can Hayward provide the Celts in the present and in the future.

We can worry about how much $$ he's worth when he's a free agent again.

Some are just not thinking at all. Its as if its Hayward's fault he isn't at his best. Dude worked hard to get back on the court, try to do little things to help the team even without scoring, enduring heartless comments and attacks from fans like above. If there is someone more frustrated than we are, its Hayward.

What a cop out.

Something isnt right. He has had more than enough time to look better than he does ....no is stating 100% but dude isnt even 75%.

And he looks mentally broken.

nd he looks like a terrible fit and anyone objectively looking at the situation would agree that Hayward is a problem beyond his poor play.

You’re coming off as very biased.

He’s a well-rounded player, so I don’t see how/why he’s a bad fit other than everyone around Rozier/Brown/Tatum is a bad fit (besides Horford and Baynes). Those guys are selfish and force too much.

He looks pretty good when putting up 30+ and nearing triple doubles, but he can’t play here?

He’s not THE problem, he’s A problem. There’s no set timetable that you can say when he should be whatever percentage you want.

It’s really not a career-ending injury. No reason to believe he won’t come back fully. It just may be longer than some of us expected.

Ok, so the guys who won 16 straight, had one of the best record in the league last season and made the ecfs(larger sample size) and hayward isnt.

Yeah.

Blame everyone else.

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2019, 06:06:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

so 30+ months recovery period for a dislocated ankle and broken tibia? Cause its been 15 already.

Until he has a full off-season to rebuild his strength and conditioning I won't consider him to have gone through the necessary recovery time.

Also, I think referencing the annual value of his contract is a total non-sequitor here.

A player doesn't become better at recovering from injuries by virtue of his contract value.

I think most people understood that paying a max to Hayward was a necessary overpay in order to sign him in free agency.

The contract value is what it is so there's no sense in worrying about it now.  The question is how much value can Hayward provide the Celts in the present and in the future.

Some are just not thinking at all. Its as if its Hayward's fault he isn't at his best. Dude worked hard to get back on the court, try to do little things to help the team even without scoring, enduring heartless comments and attacks from fans like above. If there is someone more frustrated than we are, its Hayward.

What a cop out.

Something isnt right. He has had more than enough time to look better than he does ....no is stating 100% but dude isnt even 75%.

nd he looks like a terrible fit and anyone objectively looking at the situation would agree that Hayward is a problem beyond his poor play.

He’s a well-rounded player, so I don’t see how/why he’s a bad fit other than everyone around Rozier/Brown/Tatum is a bad fit (besides Horford and Baynes). Those guys are selfish and force too much.

He looks pretty good when putting up 30+ and nearing triple doubles, but he can’t play here?

He’s not THE problem, he’s A problem. There’s no set timetable that you can say when he should be whatever percentage you want.

It’s really not a career-ending injury. No reason to believe he won’t come back fully. It just may be longer than some of us expected.

Ok, so the guys who won 16 straight, had one of the best record in the league last season and made the ecfs(larger sample size) and hayward isnt.

Yeah.

Blame everyone else.
He literally said 'he's not THE problem, he's A problem'.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2019, 06:18:10 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

What a cop out.

Very biased. I especially liked the dismissal of points that disagree with him as a 'cop out'

I state he is not producing. I state that he should be fully healed and that issue must be mental. I stat that he has had an impact on players that were great last season and now are not

And am met with he is trying hard.

I state facts and am countered with assumed feelings.

Feelings dont matter, production and impact do.

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2019, 06:20:36 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
@GwashburnGlobe

Honestly that fans actions sicken me.

I am as down on gordon as anyone but still will always cheer amd support everyone on the team.