Author Topic: 10 Game Evaluations  (Read 2277 times)

Re: 10 Game Evaluations
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 01:32:14 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I thought Brissett was going to have a bigger role tbh. Been slightly surprised with his minutes. I think a swing type player is why the Cs need off the bench and surprised he isn’t getting many minutes.

I think he might literally be the worst offensive player in the league. He has good energy and doesn't play above his role, but even in preseason he was just so bad on that end so I don't think that's going to change. I do think with our lack of options that he will eventually be playing some real minutes due to injuries and such, but he hasn't exactly shown to be the solution.
Thought experiment: Is Brissett a worse offensive player than Luke Kornet whose only offensive skill is the dunk?

My guy reaction: Yes. Actually, he easily is. Luke has played 85 minutes to Brisset's 67. He has 15 FGA to Brisset's 17. He's shooting 73,3% to Brisset's 17.6%

I think it's too early in the season to fully know with some of these guys. Oshae has been a huge offensive disappointment so far, there's no doubt. But Pritchard is shooting 23% from deep and 33% overall which I don't think is representative of his talent either. Al is around the same from deep. Some guys just don't have it going yet.

I'd have to double check but I believe most of Oshae's minutes have come in some of those blowouts with more of the deep bench on the floor with him. He's never going to be able to thrive in that setting where he has to show off...skills. But I do think he'll turn it around in situations where he's got 2-4 of the starters out there with him. Easy buckets for an athletic dude.

So low expectations, but I think he'll end up in the "playable" category. He and the rest of our non-Hauser bench just have to do better.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 01:40:24 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I thought Brissett was going to have a bigger role tbh. Been slightly surprised with his minutes. I think a swing type player is why the Cs need off the bench and surprised he isn’t getting many minutes.

I think he might literally be the worst offensive player in the league. He has good energy and doesn't play above his role, but even in preseason he was just so bad on that end so I don't think that's going to change. I do think with our lack of options that he will eventually be playing some real minutes due to injuries and such, but he hasn't exactly shown to be the solution.
Thought experiment: Is Brissett a worse offensive player than Luke Kornet whose only offensive skill is the dunk?

My guy reaction: Yes. Actually, he easily is. Luke has played 85 minutes to Brisset's 67. He has 15 FGA to Brisset's 17. He's shooting 73,3% to Brisset's 17.6%
That's all you've got, FG%? I acknowledged his one skill, dunking. What about Kornet fumbling the ball when somebody passes to him, and what about missing out on offensive rebounds?

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Without a doubt, he is.

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 02:42:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The home games have improved, but now we need to improve on our road woes (if we are going to dominate in the playoffs).

Brown still and will continue to irritate me with his handles and turnovers.

Love Kristaps and Jrue fitting in. Love DWhite's improvement. Love the ever-growing leader of our team JT.

Those are my evaluations.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 07:35:33 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
I could definitely do without some of the early shot clock 3's that we take without passing the ball.  Our team has too many talented players to have possessions where not even one pass is made.  If they're wide open and in transition, fine.  But otherwise we can get those shots at any time on any possession.  Execute, move the ball, find the open man.