Author Topic: Celtics doing the Heat plan (and even better).  (Read 1162 times)

Celtics doing the Heat plan (and even better).
« on: October 23, 2023, 07:14:40 PM »

Offline litangel

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 7
There has been a lot of concern about the Celtics lack of proven depth coming into this season. I think the Celtics watched the Miami Heat succeed with the couple of stars and player development year after year, and then this year, they went the same direction, only supercharged. They have a great top 6, trusting that by getting great assistant coaches they can develop marginal guys into quality rotation pieces. Who will be our next Vincent, Strus, Caleb Martin?
This takes 3 things to succeed. Choosing players with potential, feel like Brad did well with that this year. I think anyone on our roster and our 2-ways have that potential.
2. Great player development
3. Trusting the players enough to let them make some early season mistakes, risking a few games by not overplaying our starters to get early season victories (which I thought Joe did last year). I think the way Joe has talked he may have figured this out.
I am excited to see this play out.
If you think this is accurate, who do you think our breakouts will be?

Re: Celtics doing the Heat plan (and even better).
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 07:44:27 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I think Queta will break out in the sense that he’ll be a very serviceable player and that his two way deal will be converted to a regular contract to make him eligible for the playoffs.

Re: Celtics doing the Heat plan (and even better).
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 08:09:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There has been a lot of concern about the Celtics lack of proven depth coming into this season. I think the Celtics watched the Miami Heat succeed with the couple of stars and player development year after year, and then this year, they went the same direction, only supercharged. They have a great top 6, trusting that by getting great assistant coaches they can develop marginal guys into quality rotation pieces. Who will be our next Vincent, Strus, Caleb Martin?
This takes 3 things to succeed. Choosing players with potential, feel like Brad did well with that this year. I think anyone on our roster and our 2-ways have that potential.
2. Great player development
3. Trusting the players enough to let them make some early season mistakes, risking a few games by not overplaying our starters to get early season victories (which I thought Joe did last year). I think the way Joe has talked he may have figured this out.
I am excited to see this play out.
If you think this is accurate, who do you think our breakouts will be?
One or more of Hauser, Brissett, Stevens, Svi