Author Topic: Who do the C’s cut?  (Read 8770 times)

Who do the C’s cut?
« on: October 19, 2023, 11:32:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I was impressed with Queta, Stevens and Mykhailiuk. Brissett was hit or miss, Banton was pretty bad as was Gabriel. Kornet is useless.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:53:07 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Who do the C’s cut?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 11:39:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They love Kornet so I’m guessing he’s good.  Brisket is signed idht he?

Yup

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 11:42:20 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
My guess is Kornet gets cut and resigned to a 1-year deal to save $400k while keeping him for now.  Queta remains a 2-way because there’s no reason to convert his contract now — if he earns a better role as the year goes on you can always convert him then.

Brissett is guaranteed, so no way does he get cut.  Banton and Svi have a small guarantee, so again, no reason to cut now when you can keep them on the roster for 30 days at the same cost as releasing them.  One of Stevens or Gabriel makes it, because they only have 13 on the roster — my guess is Stevens.  Maybe they keep Gabriel too with the intent of dropping down to 14 once Banton and Svi’s guarantees have been met.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 01:07:18 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I think Svi and Banton are gonna make the cut, same with Stevens. If Brad wants to go into the season with an open spot then I guess Gabriel gets the boot. Banton was signed to a 2 year (non guaranteed?) deal so they probably view him as a worthy project. I think Joe really likes him too.

On another note, you guys think Brad would have an interest in Isiah Roby or Darius Bazley?

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 03:44:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Walsh & Davidson to Maine..is roster 14 or 15?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 08:09:27 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Can one of the contracts be converted to a 2 way to fill that spot and keep them all?

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 08:19:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kornet is KPs practice dummy .

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 08:22:54 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Here's our roster.

Scrubb will be waived...it's possible Brad converts those TC/Exhibit 9 contracts to full (nonguaranteed) deals so we go in with 15 on our roster and 2 2ways. He can always get rid of Kornet, Mykhailiuk or Banton later if needed, I think Jan 7 is the deadline for non guaranteed deals to become guaranteed?

I could be wrong but I think Gabriel and Stevens have too much experience to be given a 2 way. Walsh is on a fully guaranteed deal.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 09:11:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
My guess is Kornet gets cut and resigned to a 1-year deal to save $400k while keeping him for now.  Queta remains a 2-way because there’s no reason to convert his contract now — if he earns a better role as the year goes on you can always convert him then.

Brissett is guaranteed, so no way does he get cut.  Banton and Svi have a small guarantee, so again, no reason to cut now when you can keep them on the roster for 30 days at the same cost as releasing them.  One of Stevens or Gabriel makes it, because they only have 13 on the roster — my guess is Stevens.  Maybe they keep Gabriel too with the intent of dropping down to 14 once Banton and Svi’s guarantees have been met.
This seems like the most likely outcome. It would have been an easier decision if Stevens had been offered the guaranteed contract over Brissett, but hindsight is 20:20.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

This seems like the most likely outcome. It would have been an easier decision if Stevens had been offered the guaranteed contract over Brissett, but hindsight is 20:20.

I like Brissett.  I think he’s one of those “good things happen when he’s on the court players” who’s offensive stats you should pay less attention to.. I think he’ll be ahead of Stevens in the rotation to start the year (assuming Stevens makes the team).

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 09:48:06 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think Svi and Banton are gonna make the cut, same with Stevens. If Brad wants to go into the season with an open spot then I guess Gabriel gets the boot. Banton was signed to a 2 year (non guaranteed?) deal so they probably view him as a worthy project. I think Joe really likes him too.

On another note, you guys think Brad would have an interest in Isiah Roby or Darius Bazley?

I’m really intrigued by Bazeley but I respect he’s gotta fill a specific need. If they felt they could sevelop him I’d be excited about it.

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 09:48:41 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Kornet should be cut. He is putrid.

But Joe and Brad love him so he will survive and we will be punished by having to watch him get out worked for rebounds, watch passes go through his hands and see not be able to get off the ground.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2023, 10:39:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

But Joe and Brad love him so he will survive and we will be punished by having to watch him get out worked for rebounds, watch passes go through his hands and see not be able to get off the ground.
I agree with you BUT, someone else pointed out that there's no motivation to cut Kornet now. Let him play out his guarantee. He's an insurance policy at the moment.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2023, 10:43:45 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gabriel cut

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2023, 10:50:39 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I agree with you BUT, someone else pointed out that there's no motivation to cut Kornet now. Let him play out his guarantee. He's an insurance policy at the moment.

Kornet has no guarantee.  I said I think he’ll be cut and resigned, because right now his salary is above the subsidized amount.  If the C’s cut him and resign him, they save about $400k (plus luxury tax) and Kornet gets a salary increase.  This is what they did with Jabari Parker a couple of seasons ago.

If it were up to me Kornet would just be gone, but the thread is titled who do the C’s cut, not who should the C’s cut.

It’s Banton and Svi who have small guarantees that mean it makes no sense to cut either for at least a few weeks.