Author Topic: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis  (Read 11802 times)

Re: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah the trade proposals are crazy. Still, if we land AD while keeping Smart and one of Tatum or Brown, that’d be an epic coup.

As it stands, we may have to give up all three of Smart, Tatum and Brown, to get it done.

Not Tatum and Brown if New Orleans wants picks, which they will want. So Tatum or Brown plus picks etc.

Agreed, this is my take from the AD thread:

The value of the Memphis pick has gone up considerably and I should think AD will cost Tatum + Smart + 2-3 2019 1sts, but that we should be able to hold either Brown or the Memphis pick out of the deal.  Considering we'd be trying to win now by making the deal, I'd be inclined to keep Brown.
Why Brown and not Smart?  Just my preference.

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I still believe the deal is.

Tatum, Williams, Yabusele, Semi, Sac Pick, Memphis Pick, Boston 2019 Second, Boston 2020 first.

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent
23 Million outgoing Salary

27,093,018 - Davis Salary

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Tatum - potential superstar and a GREAT pairing for Zion and Jrue. they add a young defensive Center with crazy athleticism and motor. (Lob city part 2)
Add a couple young cheap bench players
Add an unprotected pick to their own picks moving forwards.
Add in pick 14 from this draft.
Add in pick 20 in this draft

they go into next season (assuming no other re-signings  or other signings and picks based on Tankathon mock draft)

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

They can always look to resign Randle as well (as they should) as Peyton and Johnson.

Team is very young with loads of talent/potential

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 10:37:49 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Yeah the trade proposals are crazy. Still, if we land AD while keeping Smart and one of Tatum or Brown, that’d be an epic coup.

As it stands, we may have to give up all three of Smart, Tatum and Brown, to get it done.

Not Tatum and Brown if New Orleans wants picks, which they will want. So Tatum or Brown plus picks etc.

The value of the Memphis pick has gone up considerably and I should think AD will cost Tatum + Smart + 2-3 2019 1sts, but that we should be able to hold either Brown or the Memphis pick out of the deal.  Considering we'd be trying to win now by making the deal, I'd be inclined to keep Brown.

I would rather keep Brown than Smart, as I believe most of the board would.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:05 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Tatum, Williams, Yabusele, Semi, Sac Pick, Memphis Pick, Boston 2019 Second, Boston 2020 first.

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Tatum - potential superstar and a GREAT pairing for Zion and Jrue. they add a young defensive Center with crazy athleticism and motor. (Lob city part 2)

they go into next season (assuming no other re-signings  or other signings and picks based on Tankathon mock draft)

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

They can always look to resign Randle as well (as they should) as Peyton and Johnson.

New Orleans would have to be extremely high on Tatum to agree to this. Basically Tatum and a bunch of throw-ins (let's face it, our picks aren't very valuable now). At minimum I bet it's going to have to include Smart or Brown (along with Tatum).

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

I like that deal.  Keep smart and brown.  Resign morris.
KI
brown
hayward
AH
AD

super 6th man Smart for BU to both guard spot

Morris sub for both SF and PF
Baynes for C spot.

Solid 9 man rotation.  Now bring in MLE and vet min guy, maybe resign wannamaker.  Thats 12...Theis also a possibility.  Have 2 pick this year as well.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2019, 10:45:55 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

New Orleans would have to be extremely high on Tatum to agree to this. Basically Tatum and a bunch of throw-ins. At minimum I bet it's going to have to include Smart or Brown (along with Tatum).

That’s what I keep telling people. In order for us to get Davis at this point they have to be just extremely high on Tatum. Me personally I can see how teams could value Barrett the same as they value Tatum.

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2019, 10:57:29 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I would rather keep Brown than Smart but also Smart has the matching salary... Tatum, Smart, Yabu and picks... Yabu is also in for salary....

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 11:07:52 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

I would rather keep Brown than Smart but also Smart has the matching salary... Tatum, Smart, Yabu and picks... Yabu is also in for salary....

I agree, most likely it will be Smart and Tatum as part of the package for AD.

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

New Orleans would have to be extremely high on Tatum to agree to this. Basically Tatum and a bunch of throw-ins (let's face it, our picks aren't very valuable now). At minimum I bet it's going to have to include Smart or Brown (along with Tatum).

That Memphis pick can be seen as gold.
Williams is a very very nice, lotto level prospect. If he was in this draft, imo, he would be top 10.
So they are getting a great package imo.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

New Orleans would have to be extremely high on Tatum to agree to this. Basically Tatum and a bunch of throw-ins. At minimum I bet it's going to have to include Smart or Brown (along with Tatum).

That’s what I keep telling people. In order for us to get Davis at this point they have to be just extremely high on Tatum. Me personally I can see how teams could value Barrett the same as they value Tatum.

I dont think anyone is valuing Barrett as high as tatum, like anyone.

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

We did in fact have a poll on this, and most would  rather keep Brown.

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

Cash sent does not count as outgoing salary in a trade. So that trade is not legal. If you remove that, but add in the salary for our pick this year you there I believe. But thats an 8 for 1 trade and probably not enough value. So I think  really one of Brown or Smart has to be in the deal, unless you trade Hayward or Horford as part of it.

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 11:25:32 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

TP! I posted nearly the same thing yesterday but all three of our 2019 picks would be going to NOP.  Ainge will push hard to make this deal without Smart.  The only major obstacle is the timeline.  The Celtics couldn't include the salaries of the draft picks until 30 days after the draft.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
none of this matters, kyrie's walking.   

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I mean I hope so, but Durant's a better player than even Davis. Kyrie might leave regardless.

A lot up in the air this offseason. And the kicker is we probably won't know if it broke our way until after another season or two.