Author Topic: OKC to have 15 1st round picks  (Read 7578 times)

OKC to have 15 1st round picks
« on: July 12, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
OKC could have 15 1st round picks by 2026..geez
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: OKC to have 15 1st round picks
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
OKC could have 15 1st round picks by 2026..geez
It will be interesting to see how they consolidate the picks into players and assets. They have too many draft picks to effectively use and develop without some shuffling.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
probably cost a couple to move Paul (unless they take on an equally terrible or worse contract i.e. John Wall). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It will be really interesting to see what OKC does with all these picks (and what L.A. teams/Houston do without them).

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
probably cost a couple to move Paul (unless they take on an equally terrible or worse contract i.e. John Wall).

Doubt it will cost much to move Paul to Miami, or they just won’t do it.  Miami has bad salary to send back, so OKC will take the next couple years of James Johnson in lieu of sending picks.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 09:04:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It will be really interesting to see what OKC does with all these picks (and what L.A. teams/Houston do without them).

Either trade for someone like Towns .... basically trade for 2 superstars

Or move up dramatically at a nbadraft

Presti is either lucky or an amazing gm

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 09:06:15 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Doubt it will cost much to move Paul to Miami, or they just won’t do it.  Miami has bad salary to send back, so OKC will take the next couple years of James Johnson in lieu of sending picks.

Yeah, OKC is in a pretty good spot there. Their only incentive in moving Paul is to make the player and his agent happy. They don't need to be desperate to off-load that contract.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

James Johnson has 1 year at 15.1 million and then a player option at 15.8 million.  They can get out of the entire contract for less than 1 year of Chris Paul.  That isn't a bad contract at least comparatively. 

I think even Miami would want a pick back especially since to get to the 38 million they would gut their depth and give up tradeable assets or expiring contracts (like Dragic, Olynyk, etc.).   

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 09:25:41 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

James Johnson has 1 year at 15.1 million and then a player option at 15.8 million.  They can get out of the entire contract for less than 1 year of Chris Paul.  That isn't a bad contract at least comparatively. 

I think even Miami would want a pick back especially since to get to the 38 million they would gut their depth and give up tradeable assets or expiring contracts (like Dragic, Olynyk, etc.).

Dragic has no value to Miami.  They’ve been trying to dump him all summer — they thought they were going to send him to Dallas to create space for Butler, despite having no PG with which to replace him, but Dallas balked.  The issue with Miami acquiring Paul is that they’re hard-capped, so they have to send out more salary than Paul makes in order to fit Paul in, as they have to sign minimum salary players to fill the roster.

Come September I expect a deal to look something like Paul and Patrick Patterson for Dragic, Johnson, and Meyers Leonard.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Come September I expect a deal to look something like Paul and Patrick Patterson for Dragic, Johnson, and Meyers Leonard.

G: Goran Dragic, Dennis Schroeder
G: SGA, Terrence Ferguson
F: James Johnson, Andre Roberson
F: Danilo Gallinari, Meyers Leonard
C: Steven Adams, Nerlens Noel

That would be a pretty solid team. Deep. Ten deep.

Above .500. Slightly above .500. Mid 40s win team.

Not losing anything in the short term in terms of on-court results and gaining a lot of extra cap flexibility in the long term. Great deal for OKC.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 09:37:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

LA ..don't need picks ...Magic realized this and what was stopping players from coming in was cap,space and GMs building though the draft was killing LA.  , all with new Bron lead wave of player authority......lets do things simple .....CA teams only need cap space , for the best players to leave and fly though the door in LA.   Having coaches, picking draftee, building a team takes years , thats a waste of time .

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 09:57:42 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

LA ..don't need picks ...Magic realized this and what was stopping players from coming in was cap,space and GMs building though the draft was killing LA.  , all with new Bron lead wave of player authority......lets do things simple .....CA teams only need cap space , for the best players to leave and fly though the door in LA.   Having coaches, picking draftee, building a team takes years , thats a waste of time .

That's why they do need draft picks. Getting cheap, cost-controlled talent on 4 year contracts helps you keep costs down and keep cap space open

They're also good currency for trades, which will make things very difficult for both LA teams if they want to add a good player at the deadline
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 10:43:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Dragic has no value to Miami.  They’ve been trying to dump him all summer — they thought they were going to send him to Dallas to create space for Butler, despite having no PG with which to replace him, but Dallas balked.  The issue with Miami acquiring Paul is that they’re hard-capped, so they have to send out more salary than Paul makes in order to fit Paul in, as they have to sign minimum salary players to fill the roster.

He has value as an expiring contract.  And that is the point.  I think in that trade, OKC is giving up a 1st.  They get a ton of salary relief.  To save that much money, I think they have to give up a 1st.  That was the point I was making. 

I just can't see Paul getting traded anywhere without the Thunder giving up a 1st or taking on terrible contract(s) in return, even Miami.  And if the Thunder want real value back, it will cost them a couple of 1st's just like it did for Houston (and Westbrook has an even bigger contract).  Chris Paul is done as a top tier player, yet he has one of the largest contracts in the league.  To move on from him, it will cost a 1st.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Yeah, OKC is in a pretty good spot there. Their only incentive in moving Paul is to make the player and his agent happy. They don't need to be desperate to off-load that contract.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Would Dallas see value in CP3? Mentoring Luka

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Copying the Danny Ainge blueprint and hoarding all these picks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)