Author Topic: I have a feeling  (Read 11236 times)

Re: I have a feeling
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
This thread has been assinged #3045637721 for referance with regards to "crazy ray allen trade threads"

please make a note for your own personal records.

So Noted!
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I have a feeling that the "Paddy O'Blount" nickname for Patrick O'Bryant will catch on by the end of the season.
Being better than post contract Mark Blount is not a very high bar to set.  I say it will be Patrick's No'Blount and that Patrick will contribute as a reasonably productive bench player.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
I have a feeling the Celtics will have a cold start before cruising to the #1 record in the East by the All-Star break

I have a feeling that TA, Ray & BBD will surprise everyone

I have a feeling that Paddy & Perk will disappoint, but that Paddy will randomly go off for 20 at some point while Perk is in a suit with another shoulder injury

Cant imagine Ray getting traded at any point this coming year, but DA has proven he'll do anything if he thinks it'll make us better

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11847
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I have a feeling that Perk will be even better than last season and finally silence doubters.  (If he still has any after game 5 of the Finals - his absence and the result showed just how valuable he is to the team).   

I have a feeling that Rondo will be even better this season and take his place as one of the premiere PGs in the league.

I have a feeling that Leon Powe is going to emerge as a force off the bench (a la game 2 of the finals). 

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I have a feeling that Perk will be even better than last season and finally silence doubters.  (If he still has any after game 5 of the Finals - his absence and the result showed just how valuable he is to the team).   

I have a feeling that Rondo will be even better this season and take his place as one of the premiere PGs in the league.

I have a feeling that Leon Powe is going to emerge as a force off the bench (a la game 2 of the finals). 

love how u love your 3 guys
great Fl
lets go cs
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I have a feeling that the "Paddy O'Blount" nickname for Patrick O'Bryant will catch on by the end of the season.

TP for that one. I agree - if he's still around.

My feeling? That a 25-15 first half will convince Ainge that he's got to strengthen the bench at mid-season to make a deep playoff run.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 10:58:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I have a feeling that there WILL be a trade and it WILL NOT involve Ray Allen.  I think its entirely possible that TA was signed only to be traded, and even stronger than that feeling I have a feeling that whatever trade is made Scalabrine will become filler/fodder to add salary to that trade. 

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

TP for that one. I agree - if he's still around.

My feeling? That a 25-15 first half will convince Ainge that he's got to strengthen the bench at mid-season to make a deep playoff run.
Look at it on the bright side Roy, if you are wrong he is an asset. If you are right, he is much cheaper than the original Bluntster. At his contract price, he is a worthwhile investment for Markus Bluntus numbers as a backup for a few minutes.

Still, some defense would be nice.  8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »

Offline GregKite

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have a feeling that Ray is one of the greatest shooters in basketball history.

I have a feeling that Ray totally came through in the Finals.

I have a feeling that Ray shows up in phenomenal shape every year.

I have a feeling that Ray hit more game winners than anyone else last year.

I have a feeling that Ray was the real MVP of last year's all star game.

I have a feeling that Ray knows his role and doesn't complain.

I have a feeling that we have no chance of getting fair value for Ray in a trade.

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I have a feeling that there WILL be a trade and it WILL NOT involve Ray Allen.  I think its entirely possible that TA was signed only to be traded, and even stronger than that feeling I have a feeling that whatever trade is made Scalabrine will become filler/fodder to add salary to that trade. 

what team, who had the chance to get TA for whatever they wanted, since we didn't tender a offer, will we now be convincing that he's a vital role player? where they asleep during FA?

there is no trade market for TA. if there were, a team would made him an offer. We didn't exactly compete hard to sign him, and ended up signing him at a bargin basement price.

and now this mystery team is all about a TA-Scal packagE?  ???
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 10:18:54 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I have a feeling that Ray is one of the greatest shooters in basketball history.

I have a feeling that we have no chance of getting fair value for Ray in a trade.

I have a feeling that you
deserve a TP for the love.

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18

I have a feeling I couldn't have said it better myself.

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 12:16:30 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

what team, who had the chance to get TA for whatever they wanted, since we didn't tender a offer, will we now be convincing that he's a vital role player? where they asleep during FA?

there is no trade market for TA. if there were, a team would made him an offer. We didn't exactly compete hard to sign him, and ended up signing him at a bargin basement price.

and now this mystery team is all about a TA-Scal packagE?  ???

I agree.  If any team wanted Tony Allen, they'd already have him.  There's no way that combining him with Scalabrine's unpalatable salary is going to yield us anything other than a contract even more atrocious than Scalabrine's.  And while some of you may sit there and say that Scalabrine has value because his contract will expire in two years have to realize that the market for him will still be very limited.  An expiring contract worth 9 million like Theo Ratliff's last year is valuable to any team.  The 3 million that Scal's contract is worth is really only valuable to a team that's already pretty far below the cap and looking to get even further below it.  And those teams are few and far between. 

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I have a feeling Boston will repeat in 2008 and that James Posey will have a sub-par season (normal season) and that those that lamented his loss will suddenly contract amnesia.

BBD >>
Powe =
KG >
Pierce >
Ray Allen >>>
Tony Allen >
POB >
Scal =
Giddens >
Rondo >>>
Walker =
Perkins =
Pruitt >

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 02:53:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I have a feeling Boston will repeat in 2008 and that James Posey will have a sub-par season (normal season) and that those that lamented his loss will suddenly contract amnesia.

BBD >>
Powe =
KG >
Pierce >
Ray Allen >>>
Tony Allen >
POB >
Scal =
Giddens >
Rondo >>>
Walker =
Perkins =
Pruitt >

Are you predicting that every player on our team will either get better or stay the same?

If ">>>" means that you expect to see a massive improvement from Ray Allen, don't count on it.  He had one of his best shooting years ever last season.  If you're expecting markedly different results, I think you could be disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised to actually see some regression from KG, Paul, and Ray.  They're all a year older, on the downslope of their peak.  The younger guys, though, should all hopefully improve.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions