Author Topic: The reason Phil Jackson is talking about Pierce  (Read 9890 times)

The reason Phil Jackson is talking about Pierce
« on: June 06, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Phil's talking about Pierce because he doesn't want to talk about his own team, and their shortcummings.  As long as Phil talks about Pierce so he doesn't have to talk about his soft front court, young bench, and overbearing superstar (who picked up where he left off against Detroit in the Finals).  Keep talking Phil, maybe will notice how your team can't rebound, and if you can't rebound, you can't run for easy hoops before the Celtics set their offense. 

The Lakers are in trouble, and he knows it.

Re: The reason Phil Jackson is talking about Pierce
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:09:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He's probably talking about Pierce because the media asked him a question.

But yeah, I agree with your other points... I like how there's a lot of rationalizing from the Lakers part. They're living in denial.

Poor Kobe missing all those "bunnies". He won't make them in the rest of the series either if he doesn't realize what is actually going on.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Perhaps if Paul had the "flu" and could play great and then fall into his players arms it would be real to him?
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I hope Phil is making excuses after three more losses. Then he can keep making them for the rest of his life.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Perhaps if Paul had the "flu" and could play great and then fall into his players arms it would be real to him?

Great post, onslaught.  Absolutely great post.  Another example of the pot calling the kettle black.  I love anything that gives me more reason to despise Mr Whistle.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
To further extrapolate, if I may...

Anyone else notice angry Kobe last night, with his teammates?

I was not there, but in one TV shot, he was shown to be hollering at someone, not sure with who, or maybe he was simply trying to imprint his DNA, as it were ;)

Point being, I'll bet he's going to explode, and I don't mean by scoring, if his team does't begin to win their matchups. And then I predict we will see him revert to selfish Kobe and shoot them out of games as has been his history~ Maybe 35 point production on 16 for 43 ball hogging. Bet!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:38:29 PM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

But yeah, I agree with your other points... I like how there's a lot of rationalizing from the Lakers part. They're living in denial.

Poor Kobe missing all those "bunnies". He won't make them in the rest of the series either if he doesn't realize what is actually going on.

This is pretty much where I stand.

And honestly, at some point, after completely throwing Lebron off his game for 6 of 7 games, and now doing the exact same thing with Kobe, you would think people would start to realize that maybe, just maybe the Celtic's defense has something to do with their missed shots?

Yes, Kobe missed some open shots, just like Lebron did...but the open shots both of them were taking were generally completely out of rhythm, because they have had to work so hard on most of their shots.  An open shot out of rhythm is not a "bunny"...in many cases, it is harder to hit than a challenged shot.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
he's good at covering for his team weakness ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
To further extrapolate, if I may...

Anyone else notice angry Kobe last night, with his teammates?

I was not there, but in one TV shot, he was shown to be hollering at someone, not sure with who, or maybe he was simply trying to imprint his DNA, as it were ;)

Point being, I'll bet he's going to explode, and I don't mean by scoring, if his team does't begin to win their matchups. And then I predict we will see him revert to selfish Kobe and shoot them out of games as has been his history~ Maybe 35 point production on 16 for 43 ball hogging. Bet!

I caught that, too. Not sure who he was yellin' at, though. I heard in the Utah series Kobe was screamin' at Luke Walton for something. I don't know why the media is talking about how Kobe has matured over the season. I see the same ol' selfish Kobe Bryant.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

This is pretty much where I stand.

And honestly, at some point, after completely throwing Lebron off his game for 6 of 7 games, and now doing the exact same thing with Kobe, you would think people would start to realize that maybe, just maybe the Celtic's defense has something to do with their missed shots?

Yes, Kobe missed some open shots, just like Lebron did...but the open shots both of them were taking were generally completely out of rhythm, because they have had to work so hard on most of their shots.  An open shot out of rhythm is not a "bunny"...in many cases, it is harder to hit than a challenged shot.

This is the way I see it, and it takes a bit of logic and mathematics to really notice how the Celtics defense affect this players.

First you need to do a study of "open looks" these types of players take regularly against other teams, then you need to study how many of them they actually make. Then you study how many "open looks" these guys get againt the Celtics, and how many they miss.

That right there is the Celtics defense doing its work. People believe just because you have open looks you should make them. It's a fine line, and those 3 or 4 shots you miss extra because of a team's defense make a whole world of difference.

That's why I hate the whole "they defended well 3 or 4 shots" argument, mainly because 3 or 4 shots can be the difference between a 50% shooter, and a 35% or 30% shooter. They mean a big deal, and that's what separates the Celtics from other teams, those extra possessions where they make a team really work and a player miss more just than the usual, regardless if he missed open shots or not.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I liked it when, after the game, he talked about the Celts coming out on fire and erasing the lead that the Lakers had established over the 1st half, like they'd been in control of the game or something. They probably only led in the first half for 4-5 minutes out of the 24 played.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Kobe also laughed derisively about Pierce and the "drama". I thought it was classless. 
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 11:01:48 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
maybe someone should ask Phil if Kobe was over dramatizing  his back spasms in the Utah series. all the grimacing. all the painful facial expressions and then they were mysteriously gone....

you think any Laker fans would like it if we started saying that Kobe was trying to dupe the Jazz into thinking he was going to be injured the rest of that series....

where is the logic of Paul taking himself out of a game that we were behind in and he was just starting the get hot in.....

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »

Offline LakerLanny

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
[Deleted.]  Trolling our site is inappropriate, as is the use of false and negative stereotypes.

Enjoy the sweep. -R.H.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:47:18 PM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 11:19:54 PM »

Offline Jermaine54

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Just three little birds
Leaving in a wheelchair and then playing in the same half?  ::)

Sorry, that really is about as effeminate as it gets.  He is a great player, but that was gay. And then we hear today "If the game was today, Paul Pierce couldn't play"

Yeah, right.

calling paul pierce effeminate, the same paul pierce that got stabbed 11 times who was the only player on the team to play all 82 games that season? we must have different playesr, and a kobe fan calling pierce gay? lets not have any sexuality talk anywhere near kobe cause we all know where that will go

If I score a lot of points, or if I don't, I just want my team to win.-Leon Powe